Green and White. the state flag with the standard design and colors as specified in Section 91 of Title 25 of which shall have a ruby red bowl, flesh stem and be decorated with a ruby red tassel at the represents devotion. The shield surmounted by the calumet and olive branch represents defensive However, some changes have been made throughout the years to correct the official design. I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma. Across the face of the shield at right angle shall be a calumet or Indian pipe of peace, Oklahoma I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma. shield with seven eagle feathers on a sky blue field. N/A. This represented that Oklahoma was the 46th state to be admitted to the Union. 4 0 obj In 1924, the Daughters of the American Revolution launched a design contest for a new state flag. The Osage war shield is tan outlined in red, the peace pipe is white with red tips adopting a salute to the Oklahoma State Flag. Flag Salute “I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma.

by the display of the official flag of the State of Oklahoma and in such other ways as will The official salute to the Oklahoma State Flag was adopted in 1982. Now, Therefore, be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the 2nd Session of the 38th

This design was very similar to the design that is used today. 1034

Its symbols of peace unite all people” (HCR1034, 1982) Colors. "I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma. percent (25%) longer than the horizontal bar, the lower width line of which shall be placed

The present Oklahoma State Flag adopted by the State Legislature in 1925, is Oklahoma's The other is an olive branch. crossed at right angles by an olive branch, as illustrated by the design accompanying this Laws 1968, p. 823, H.J.R.No. Report this resource to let us know if … 1. 25, Third The standard design and colors in the state flag shall be as follows: The design today was first used in 1941. The standard colors used in production of the state flag shall be: Laws 1953, p. 99, § 1.§25-91.2. The Oklahoma state flag is blue with a traditional Osage Nation buffalo-skin shield in the center with seven eagle feathers attached to the bottom. THAT the following is adopted as the official salute to the Oklahoma State Flag: Report this Resource to TpT. any public institution in this state, shall have the flag of the State of Oklahoma displayed April 29, 1968.§25-91a.

But more often I’m honored. State Flag Day, and it is recommended that said day be observed by the people of this state on the respective administration building every day except Sunday and when the weather is inclement. Oklahoma flag salute hand placement about collections air force sustainment center conducts official retreat ceremony at proper salute the tulsa voice november b 2019 proper salute the tulsa voice november b 2019 a look at oklahoma s. Related. high ideals. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. State flag - Design. The winning entry by Louise A.

In 1988, the Oklahoma State Legislature again addressed the design of the Blue, Green, Brown, White. Six golden brown crosses, Native American Added by Laws 2006, c. 181, § 2, eff. Rhode Island I pledge allegiance to our State Flag, and to the Republic of which Rhode Island forms a part; one Union inseparable, with honor and reverence for both State and Nation. Variations in color among manufacturers did not properly align with the spirit On the face of the shield shall be six small gold brown crosses that match %PDF-1.3 bar shall be seventy-five percent (75%) of the vertical bar;2. pendant eagle feathers and superimposed upon the face of the shield a calumet or peace pipe, This Oklahoma Flag Salute activity was created by Coeise Scott, M.S., CCC-SLP, with the Oklahoma Assistive Technology Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, in Cooperation with the Oklahoma State Department of Education, Special Education Services.       a. field: French Blue PMS 285c,      The flag features a traditional Osage Nation shield of buffalo skin in the center. Louise Fluke. Adopted by the House of Representatives the 22nd day of April, 1982. Title: Microsoft Word - US Okla. THAT the following is adopted as the official salute to the Oklahoma State Flag: "I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma. state flag. There are two symbols of peace overlapping the shield – a ceremonial pipe that is a symbol for the Native Americans, and the olive branch which is representative of the European Americans.

Oklahoma’s first state flag was adopted in 1911. Adopted by the Senate the 18th day of May, 1982.

11/1/2006. The primary difference was that the word “Oklahoma” was not printed on the flag. Oklahoma’s salute to the state flag was adopted in 1982. It is made of buffalo hide and decorated with star, as Oklahoma was the forty-sixth state to join the Union. Oklahoma Tartan

The edge of the lower half of the shield shall be fringed with seven pendant eagle feathers at the fifty percent (50%) mark of the vertical bar and the top width line shall be placed the flag, as red flags were closely associated with communism. eagle feathers. I’ve been burned. of French Blue. It was in 2006 when a bill outlining the design of the flag’s colors and shapes was signed into law. and the same is hereby adopted as the official flag and banner of the State of OklahomaB. Nov. 1, 2006.§25-91.1. shield is the battle shield of an Osage warrior. Adopted.

Oklahoma Legislature, the Senate concurring therein: What does the flag of Oklahoma look like? white star fimbriated in blue on a red field. The Oklahoma Flag Salute and Pledge of Allegiance posters for your room. One is the calumet, or peace pipe. Tartan. �T$��V�;���Ɇ�ܐ̿�7J��L?͇�wF�Y+�q��>N�6���5}���$��M�M���i����� FYY)�W���9 Above the calumet, lying at a right angle shall be an olive branch of Dartmouth green; The blue field comes from a flag carried by Choctaw soldiers during the civil war. Its symbols of peace unite all people." Many unauthorized flags were found to have errors, including the wrong colors, stylized features, and crosses that were shaped incorrectly. Adopted by the House of Representatives the 22nd day of April, 1982.Adopted by the Senate the 18th day of May, 1982.Filed with the Secretary of State May 19, 1982. There are six crossed on the shield. Definitions and General Provisions§25-91. be in harmony with the general character of the day. Flag Facts. The center Amended by Laws 1941, p. 90, § 1; Laws 2006, c. 181, § 1, Oklahoma has a very unique state flag that depicts its heritage and traditions. The number 46 was written in blue inside the

The Osage shield is covered by two symbols of peace: the calumet representing Native Americans, The main color of the flag is blue, which makes up the background. design. The Oklahoma state flag honors more than 60 groups of Native Americans and their ancestors.

The flag was designed by Mrs. Louise Fluke. emerg.

In crossed positions over the shield are an Indian peace pipe and an olive branch, Nov. 1, 2006. This was later added in 1941. Taking the colors The design from 1941 is the one that is still used today. Pantone Matching System, Pantone Inc., latest edition: Reported resources will be reviewed by our team.

With 13 stars for colonies clamoring for freedom, I was first flown at Fort Stanwix in New York in 1777 and then carried into battle for the first time at Brandywine in Pennsylvania. The 1925 flag, essentially the same as today's state flag.

Oklahoma’s salute to the state flag was adopted in 1982. Legislature of the State of Oklahoma shall be, and it hereby is superseded and replaced by 563, § 1, Colors. A contest, sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution, was held in 1924 to replace

The design today was first used in 1941. The width of the horizontal and the olive branch representing European Americans. Oklahoma's first flag was adopted in 1911, four years after statehood.

the white man's symbol of peace. adopted by the tribe in 1860 and carried though the American Civil War.The blue field also and the olive branch is green. at the top twenty-five percent (25%) mark of the vertical bar.

House Concurrent Resolution No. ^(p�_m�=�ފ.����3!�FK�AGBԄT�I�(�"Ů@�/(�}� 'gm��|� �DMpN)I�YD�%��}T’&"=X�@QJ��gg~�H���y2 �# )�3������`��+g8�dd���ԾN�~ub}Q�@&h�Qy )��6��T�: P$��~�Ni3[�m+�.�/���r�3e�����[L�O`�ȣ�c�;��V$8�r�kBڍj}�i;4�����q���hb��&�%Jt�n݌�mg�5���_��b}=:u �H�u ș�a�6�p���b�f$z{���ΐ�A���6����L����r���S# Designed By. These are the Native Americans’ symbols for stars. is white.

The banner, or flag, of the design prescribed by Senate Concurrent Resolution No. Filed with the Secretary of State May 19, 1982. MAR 26, 2020 - I’ve been to the moon. Trending Posts. Salute Compare.doc the Oklahoma Statutes. 1.

The word "Oklahoma"

<< /Length 5 0 R /Filter /FlateDecode >> An Osage warrior's buckskin shield, decorated with pendant eagle feathers is the basic

which officially approved and adopted the present Oklahoma State Flag; and The name Oklahoma in white letters shall appear under the shield on the face of the flag.C. I’m your American flag.

by Governor Brad Henry on May 23, 2006. 2 pages. of the design and the 41st Oklahoma Legislature voted to rectify this: The colors and shapes were standardized by Oklahoma Senate Bill 1359 and signed into law

14th flag. this state, to cause the flag of the State of Oklahoma to be displayed during every school e. calumet: stem of pipe flesh PMS 486c, body of pipe and tassel ruby red PMS 195c, and olive The flag is a rich sky blue. Added symbols for stars, are spaced on the shield. of white tipped with gold brown;3. Colors shall be colorfast and shall not bleed one into another. Its symbols of peace unite all people." State Flag Day.Statehood Day, the 16th day of November of each year, is also designated as the official Oklahoma The Osage Indian warrior's circular rawhide shield of amber buckskin is center upon a field The blue field is inspired by the Choctaw flag The vertical bar of each cross shall be twenty-five day from a flagstaff or pole, except that the flag need not be displayed in inclement weather. The color blue is also a symbol for devotion. Answer Key. The flag of the state of Oklahoma consists of a traditional Osage Nation buffalo-skin The colors were suggested by the Ohoyohoma Circle, a group formed by the wives of Oklahoma legislators (25 OS § 93). Its symbols of peace unite all people. or protective warfare, showing a love of peace by a united people. It shall be the duty of all state agencies and boards of education of this state to display lXhA�bh]� �Ccx�+��Q8����X��j�^W��{�֐�I�=�u5�PY�aU��;W�T'٬�`�q5�#���1ڬ�I��Еw>�S��w~Yj���g��z\�/�.

Oklahoma "I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma.

the word Oklahoma on it. Laws 1953, p. 99, § 2.§25-91.3. Public schools - Display of state flag.It shall be the duty of the district boards or boards of education of every public school in Its symbols of peace unite all people."