Check your Rift. Oculus Link Headset Cable. Plugging in Quest, plugging the cable into my PC, turning on Quest—one of these steps apparently happened in an order Oculus (or my PC) didn’t like, and I spent upwards of 15 minutes troubleshooting why my computer couldn’t even see the headset.

Unplug and Replug your Rift S headset. In this … Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2 MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB 16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2 Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17 The Link cable spans my room with slack to spare. Wild! You can also get a third-party fiber cable for around $50, which will work but won’t keep the headset charged. There is no

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I cannot stress enough, all USB-C cables are not the same. When all is said and done, you’ve got maybe five feet of actual usable cable. It’s going to cost you—a lot—but it’s worth it. Check the Oculus app to see if your HDMI cable is now reading. This keeps the weight off your face, though it also makes the setup a bit more finicky than just plugging in the cable itself. Oculus Rift CV1. That said, I still can’t imagine buying an Oculus Rift S anymore. Hadn't used my Rift CV1 for quite some time, but came back to it this week after getting a new gaming rig. Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. They’re stiff, they’re heavy, and compatibility is a bit of a crapshoot. It’s one-fifth the price of the Oculus Quest itself! Chances are if you’re already invested in Quest and a powerful gaming PC? The official Oculus Link cable is pricey, but it's the only solution currently available that's long enough, (mostly) reliable, and keeps the Quest headset charged while in use. The official Oculus Link cable is worth every penny. My other annoyance? PCWorld |. Hayden writes about games for PCWorld and doubles as the resident Zork enthusiast. (1 Set) Orzero Total 8M / 26Ft USB Stable Data Cable Compatible for Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2 Link Steam VR, Extension Cable(5M) with Relay Amplifier Chip and USB 3.2 Gen 1 Cable(3M) (Cable Only), TNE - Oculus Quest/Quest 2 16ft (5M) Cable for Link Service and Charging | High Speed Data Transfer & Fast Charger Cord 90 Degree Angled Type C USB3.2 Gen1 to USB Type A Power Cable (16ft/5m), VOKOO Link Cable 16ft, Compatible with Oculus Quest 2 Link Cable with Signal Booster, Streaming VR Game & Fast Charging USB C 3.2 Gen 1 Cable Compatible with Quest and Quest 2, VOKOO Link Cable, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Compatible with Oculus Quest Link Cable, Lens Cover Protector Included Compatible with Oculus Quest and Quest 2, 5Gbps/3A - 16ft, USB 3.0 Extender, WEme USB Extension Cable with Aluminum Alloy Housing, Type A Male to Female Cord for Oculus Rift, VR Headset, HTC Vive, Xbox, USB Peripheral Devices, 5 Meters 16.4 Feets, FREE Shipping on your first order shipped by Amazon, in Cell Phone Virtual Reality (VR) Headsets, VOKOO Link Cable, Compatible with Oculus Quest Link Cable, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Compatible with Oculus Quest and Quest 2, 5Gbps/3A - 16ft, USB C to USB C Cable 10ft, TNE Oculus Quest Link Cable and Replacement Charger Cable | High Speed Data Transfer & Fast Charging Power Cord Compatible for Quest & Gaming PC (10ft/3m), CableCreation Active USB 2.0 Extension Cord (16.4 FT Long), USB A Male to A Female Repeater Cable for Oculus Rift, Printer, Scanner, Keyboard, Game Console, Security Camera, Black, 5 Meters, USB 3.0 Active Extension Cable, Unitek 32 Feet Extender Cord with Signal Booster for Printer, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest Link, Xbox Kinect, Playstation, Webcam, Security Camera, Oculus Headset Cable (4m) for Oculus Rift, Kuject USB 3.0 to USB C Link Cable for Oculus Quest 2 / Quest 16FT High Speed Data Transfer Function Extender for Oculus Quest VR Headset and Gaming PC Fast Charging Cable Compatible for USB C Charger, Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 64 GB, Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset, [Pro Version] KIWI design VR Cable Management, 6 Packs Retractable Ceiling Pulley System for HTC Vive/Vive Pro/Oculus Rift/Rift S/Link Cable for Oculus Quest/Quest 2/Valve Index VR Accessories (Black), Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System, Cable Matters DisplayPort to DisplayPort Extension Cable (DP to DP Extension Cable) 10 Feet, KIWI design VR Cable Management, Ceiling Pulley System for HTC Vive/Vive Pro/Oculus Rift/Rift S/Link Cable for Oculus Quest/Quest 2/Valve Index VR Accessories (Black, 6 Pack), Oculus Link Cable (16FT/5M), Amavasion Oculus Quest Link Cable USB 3.2 Gen1 5Gbps to USB-C High Speed Data Transfer & Fast Charging Compatible for Oculus Quest 2 and Gaming PC, Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable for Video, Games, USB 2.0 Type A Male to Type B Male Printer Cable. You can afford the proper cable. The USB hub is internally connected to the Rift audio chip CMedia Its lightweight, flexible design empowers you to take on a wide range of games from the action-packed Oculus Rift library. Link allowed you to turn your standalone Oculus Quest headset into a PC-ready Oculus Rift equivalent, as promised. When my headset was plugged into 2.0, though, I kept having the sound cut out. They work though, and can be had for as cheap as $20 or $30. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. My headset is on an USB 2.0 port of the MoBo from long and never had any problem. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. Amazing, I tell you. What changed?

Doesn't this seem like a lot of thing to use for just one usb cable or is there even more? Support has determined mine has a fault. One good yank, and you might destroy your Quest forever. HDMI cable still isn't showing up? Or at least that’s how it felt. connected to it. non-powered) USB 3.1 cable. Past that, the signal begins to degrade. "For those curious here is the block diagram of the Cypress CYUSB3304 chip. - TD_4242, I7 10700K,  GTX1080 OC 10%, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1. Everything the hmd does other than video, which is on the hdmi. Background and Identification. The Link cable’s price is hard to swallow, but when you know why it costs that much? The Oculus Link software is still in beta, but the Link hardware much less so. There’s still a place for Valve’s Index, as a premium VR experience with the best graphics, the best tracking, the best audio, and so on. Nope, it's used for power and also data from the touch controllers, audio etc. $79 USD * Play the best of both worlds with Oculus Link. It really is incredible. Disassembly and repair of USB terminal end of headset cable. It really is that simple, in my opinion. “Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb, "Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too."

But Quest is probably closer to VR’s future, and this new Link cable is the missing piece of the puzzle. If you want cheap, you can go with a copper cable. In other words, there are ways to get around copper’s limitations, and for cheaper than the official Link cable. The software?

To play Lone Echo and Asgard’s Wrath and so forth with full PC-powered visuals on a headset that you can also pack up and take on the road when you’re done? to send to the PC and controlling the constellation LED's. In January, Oculus finally released its bespoke Link cable.

processing data from the Bosch Sensortec BMI055 6-axis Inertial Sensor That could be frustrating for anyone with a PC (or at least a motherboard) more than a couple years old—including the “Oculus-Ready” PCs sold alongside the original Rift launch in 2016. I connected the cable to my Oculus Rift headset and starting at the headset end of the cable, moved the cable around bending it in all directions to find the section which had a fault. Hadn't used my Rift CV1 for quite some time, but came back to it this week after getting a new gaming rig. There are other solutions, many of them cheaper, but all compromised in some way.

Oculus Link still needs some polishing, but it’s no longer the hardware that’s lacking. We might as well cover it up front, because it’s the proverbial elephant. need for USB 3.0 for the headset at this time as the data being sent The solution? In other words, it’s a fairly standard length for tethered VR, and should be more than enough for most people’s setups. Unplug the cable from the headset. The Anker cables we tested in November cost $18 on Amazon. In this case, the most important aspect of the official Link cable is that it’s not just fiber optic, but fiber with a parallel copper line for charging.

Then spent the whole day yesterday trying to understand why the headset was showing what i now know is the same problem others are having, https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49696/frozenpeas-sketchbook, https://www.youtube.com/c/FrozenPeaSculpts. And in this case, appearances are deceiving. The official Link cable isn’t just a longer version of the aforementioned Anker cable. Insert the cable back into your headset. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. And for cheaper!” Again, correct. ". There are simply fewer points of failure when you’re using a device exactly as intended, rather than hacking an untethered VR headset to work tethered.

If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! So yeah, I know: $80 is a lot to spend on a cable. “But wait,” you might say, “there are other fiber optic USB-C cables available on Amazon as well. That’s the same length as the tethered Oculus Rift S cable, and only slightly shorter than the Valve Index cable. Then spent the whole day yesterday trying to understand why the headset was showing what i now know is the same problem others are having .. Whatever the reason whether its Oculus update or a Win10 update the issue needs a fix.. Your Oculus Rift requires an HDMI extension cable and a USB-A extension cable to connect to your PC. So what is the list of things that the Headsets usb uses? I happened to have a USB-C port on my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, but that was a lucky break because otherwise I would’ve needed to find an adapter. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The freedom to play full-fledged VR experiences untethered made Quest a game-changer, but the ability to run higher-fidelity PC experiences as well? Slightly less so. Still, Quest and Link simply aren’t as foolproof as a dedicated PC headset like the Rift S or Index. That means you’re wasting at least a foot or two running it back, and then an additional two or three feet covering the vertical distance to the headset. The faulty cable arrived from eBay and it had several large kinks and flattened areas in its length. The Rift has an internal USB 3.0 hub controller, Cypress CYUSB3304, which is divided into a USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 part. I know, it still seems like a lot. USB-C is an absolute nightmare though. Is it for audio only YES or NO? PCWorld helps you navigate the PC ecosystem to find the products you want and the advice you need to get the job done. How to extend your Oculus Rift headset. Oculus has sorted that aspect out at least, and I didn’t worry too much about updates this time.

Audi/Powering Headset/ Data for Touch controller, is that it? through the bus is not large. Oculus’s cable is the only one I know of that provides both data and power in a single 15-foot cable. The Anker cable that Oculus recommended tops out at 10 feet, or a little over three meters. Oculus skirts the issue entirely though by using fiber optic.