Is it still probable than that this is a vergence/accomodation conflict or is it more likely very light nearsighted vision. What I can't fathom is why if I need glasses for distance I need them for Rift, since it's right there in my face.

Am I nearsighted without knowing it? There are three lens spacing settings for Quest 2.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors -. Indicate the correct order of steps as you bring an object into focus under high power. IPD Range: Lens Spacing Setting: 61 mm or smaller:

Mine measure at 133mm wide and 35mm high but they still need care to place the Rift CV1 over my specs. The downside is handing it over for others to wear and then having to re-adjust the damn thing again.

The headset doesn’t sit on the bridge of your nose like a pair of glasses, Special Xbox Series X Unlocked Livestream + AMA, The Best Anime Fanfiction Where the Hero Is a Villain, Daily Deals: Preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC and Save 17% Off, The Most Messed Up Moments in the Comic Book Version of ‘The Boys’, NBA 2K21 on PS5: First Hands-On Impressions, GameStop Cancels Employee Contest to Earn Extra Black Friday Work Hours, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Is Joining Xbox Game Pass, Sort Of, EA Reveals Full PS5, Xbox Series X Upgrade Plan, This Avengers Villain Has Been Pulling the Strings of the Marvel Universe, Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. Have you run the oculus compatibility tool ? It looks like you're new here.

To me it sounds like your visual system is not accepting the vergence/accomodation conflict on near objects.

Use the advice on the page above to put on and take of the Rift CV1 when wearing glasses as you have to place and remove the headset over and away from the glasses from the front rather than sliding it down and over from the back as might be usual without glasses. Does the Rift make these problems more obvious? If I make the top strap looser the HMD just slides down my face and then I get that blurring problem because my eyes aren't in the right place. I don't mean the blur you get if your eyes are not dead centre on the lenses I mean the HMD is in the right place on my head and I've adjusted the slider switch underneath for the lens spacing but still all the games are very slightly out of focus and the only way I've found to fix it is to pull the HMD away from my face slightly but obviously I can't hold it out there.

To change the lens spacing on your Oculus Quest 2, gently adjust the lenses by shifting them together or apart. It looks like you're new here. If you know your IPD, the table below shows which lens spacing setting we suggest. OP, try buying a pair of cheap pre-fabricated reading glasses with minus values(for nearsighted). this would probably be cheaper than spending $29.99 on something you aren't sure about. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! this guy reviews a product that might help get the rift a little further from your face. EDIT: Actually, it gets very uncomfortable very quickly wearing glasses in the Rift. April 6, 2016 3:34 p.m. PT. Yep, in the past I made the mistake of having the back triangle too high.

I have the CV1 slider bar for IPD set exactly to my measured distance (69mm), but that does not affect the blurriness if I use the CV1 without glasses. AMD Ryzen 1800X | GYGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA GTX980 FTW |120GB SanDisk SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | EVGA 850 GQ Power supply | Fractal Design Define S, I don't know why your glasses don't help, other than for reading if you need glasses in the real world then you need them in the Rift. The DK2 "B" lenses were useful as it meant I could use the headset without the fiddle of placing the headset over the glasses.

I have the same problem when I cover one eye or the other.

Especially objects that are close (for example 5-30CM) are very blurry/out of focus.

if it does not help you then try stripping the padding off your insert and replace it with something a little thicker. We encourage you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY. 5mm, which accommodates users with IPDs of 61. Oculus Quest 64GB VR Headset The focus slider makes a literal mechanical horizontal adjustment to the two screens behind the lenses I believe. There are far too many people (driving around) with bad eye sight without them really realizing it.

I am usually quite quick at focusing on cross eye picture but in the rift, if i scale me, object logically get smaller and can be seen from a virtually closer distance. Seriously... in the CV1, I found I had to wear my glasses for light near-sightedness... normally I don't use them for distances up to about 2m, or for usual computer monitor distances ,etc. Asus-Z170-PRO MB. WTF? as for glasses i need to use for distance too but they wont fit in the rift and its also too easy to scratch the rift lenses, so I sometimes use contacts and there is a difference, the rest of the time i use without, even though its a bit blurry.