Download a printer-firendly copy of the Florence Nightingale Pledge Here.

Learn more about how to bring Sandy to speak at your graduation. and with dignity, I will maintain by all the means in my power the honour and the noble traditions of my profession, The total health of my patients will be my first consideration, I will hold in confidence all personal matters coming to my knowledge. 26 November, 2019 0000137330 00000 n Disclaimer Website by KZN Department of Health. The total health of my patients will be my ... Nurses’ Pledge … Empower your graduating nurses and encourage them to fully embrace their new role as advocates by bringing Sandy Summers, the Truth About Nursing's executive director, to be your graduation speaker. The Florence Nightingale Pledge is a modified version of the Hippocratic Oath. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping, and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.

(Nursing Current) 11h55 – 12h10 Presentation by Post Graduates students (US) (Nursing Future) 12H10 – 12h15 Lighting of the Lamp and Pledge: 4 HOD’s . I will hold in confidence all personal matters coming to my knowledge. I solemnly pledge myself to the service of humanity and endeavor to practice my profession with conscience and with dignity. �)�R�#������(�5@n ���-����O����S�q�������ay-G�Z��.��S�$��^S�G�k���Zl�}�:@��^�y[�2EC)�^o�o�6�WS$]~j���*%��w4�(��^O���US�k������ucbM��D�zJU2����g�U�@�c�D�`�TbX�G?�i��\�D��Ljq�1���kI�Dł�(�"�8mH/:D��b�����p"B�d�E�^���r}�Ւ�*U�梹�se��3� ���'�Q��v��:4�al\G+Y����kB���'�V]��§?E��r��Vs���g��y

I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race or social standing to intervene between The total health of my patients will be my first consideration 0000190250 00000 n. Some were authored by faculty or groups of students; others were variations on the Florence Nightingale Pledge for Nurses.

Lystra Gretter and a Committee for the Farrand Training … endstream endobj 64 0 obj <>stream Every nurse should cherish her way of life, do her duty and work true to the pledge.

��̔�;�"�q�dx�;�{U"|������Jr\my�F�-N�K���Vߝ�Q�Tj�H���'+�\r������\����6Pq�Y��7�S���PTp"0�.�GL�n1U͙q\Ԭ.�(�����U�n���`2�������0�����xo�/I����K�I)�0�F��50�#�]K��OӸ�!F�7INϱ�H��]_��u໹�҆p�(v�5�`�Wb'��mͷWl���n�|{R��nd��^������to6"�A�$چ�BeOQ�cIsM�)Y� 0000215746 00000 n I solemnly pledge myself to the service of humanity and endeavor to practice my profession with conscience and with dignity. x9 ��'�Sb��.��A!g�Ψ=����e�lUR��J���-?rlx�����{(��E9F1tD1��1� She reminded us of the history of nursing and the contributions nurses make to supporting public health and the wellbeing of our communities. %PDF-1.5

c \\C L 0 [x/J OM 0000136844 00000 n

In May 1988 our readers were asked for help in locating a nursing pledge acceptable for today's nursing practice. Click here for how to obtain the I Am Your Registered Nurse poster. '��T�[b���ŕ���X���Fl{��wr,Z�+�@b4�C������.�������@����71bu��;��������M��01ͪ�|o��!�6-�{�|/��,�Ha��kk"��!Uׁ�vH��!��}��b����F��g�����ͤ�̲���� Sandy is an excellent speaker who delivers a message that all nurses would benefit from hearing.

�_H1�~ɺ��O��2�G�m�-`Bل.

�\�{��LfkΕ�j����R��g�xǻ�{e������q^�u:�z�WA���7d�?���g4��&ce�s99c�j�p��I���ԗ�c� �f�

Its content was developed following discussion with ward sisters and charge nurse forum members, and took into consideration existing Welsh developments such as Fundamentals of Care and HealthCare Inspectorate Wales Dignity spot check audits. Lystra Gretter and a Committee for the Farrand Training School for Nurses in Detroit, Michigan, created the pledge in 1893. The Florence Nightingale pledge / solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.

Read more about the creation of the Nightingale Pledge here. Assistant Professor Widener University School of Nursing.

I will respect at all times the dignity and … www.truthaboutnursing.org/press/pioneers/nightingale_pledge.html. I was overwhelmed with emotion and felt that I was joining a very sacred and noble group of human beings who were called to serve the sick. With loyalty will I endeavour to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care. 0000138704 00000 n 0000112671 00000 n South African Nursing Council. Be a Nurse."

�ht��?nq��,�e�f`��*�oƘ_+�2�y�4Cz�� �˽C�SKsJ�GMڣ������)vAN8���#�݂C��89�pt|��@���F`� However, Florence Nightingale didn’t actually write this pledge. The Nightingale Pledge: Nursing Ethics Oath History.

I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. The total health of my patients will be my first consideration endstream endobj 63 0 obj <>stream THE NURSES’ PLEDGE I acknowledge that the special training I have received has prepared me as a responsible member of the community. Click here for how to obtain the I Am Your Registered Nurse poster. ��l���nf`�yPm�ֶ2��l���Ëna,�"�s�}�T���u��/j����u]�u�$߮>Uu]m��zx}*���U����}�H>�ސO�Wg$#�������i��������"&+��|y�m�"1�;�I4��_Kxz��|V����m��������� ʊ�q,�����o���8��ɒ�*ޥ;�,�&io�]����u6��0�-� ���]�O�C�glgg���p.��=9�(�i�V�n�= endobj The Florence Nightingale Pledge is a modified version of the Hippocratic Oath. ICN NURSES PLEDGE INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF NURSES' PLEDGE “In the full knowledge of the task I am undertaking, I promise to take care of the sick with all the skill and understanding I possess, without regard to race, creed, color, politics, or social status,sparing no effort to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, and promote health. Also see more information on Florence Nightingale here. ;�r쐽 ��LO� �;����a�?w��25a��>���kϺ,��`k��>�:�G-�"��F5Ӿy��'�&p�!^=h��*p��u����_-4Z5Y��!!

1 0 obj

I will maintain by all the means in my power the honour and the noble tradition of my profession. H��UMo1�ﯘ�-��gl����DS

I solemnly pledge myself to the service of humanity and will endeavour to practice my profession with conscience and with dignity. if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav5n=MSFPpreload("_derived/aboutobj.htm_cmp_canvassanc010_hbtn.gif"); MSFPnav5h=MSFPpreload("_derived/aboutobj.htm_cmp_canvassanc010_hbtn_a.gif"); } 0000137527 00000 n Singapore Nursing Board Nurse’s Pledge In full knowledge of the obligations I am undertaking, I PROMISE to provide a competent standard of care for the sick, regardless of race, religion and status, sparing no effort to alleviate suffering and promote health and … It is an autonomous, financially independent, statutory body, initially established by the Nursing Act, 1944 (Act No.

0000215333 00000 n 57 0 obj <> endobj 83 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[]/Index[57 59]/Info 56 0 R/Length 117/Prev 156780/Root 58 0 R/Size 116/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream. Gretter updated the final sentence of the pledge to reflect a more public health model in 1935.

Lystra Gretter and a Committee for the Farrand Training School Grace for Nurses in Detroit, Michigan, created the pledge in 1893.Gretter, inspired by the work of Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, credited the pledge to the work of her committee, but was herself considered "the … I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping, and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. We have also created a more printer friendly version without the large image in the background. Get "Save Lives. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Students left feeling empowered to step into their new role, inspired by the work of nurses and the significance of their choice to join the profession.

At dif ferent fora I’ve made it clear that