You can still see all customer reviews for the product. The firmware the bike arrived with only updated the on-screen image erratically.

Great when it run, nightmare when it breaks. The video rides are a great addition too, enabling you to head off on a virtual ride with a guide. The same goes for adding and removing resistance: When taking a class through iFit, trainers don't merely ask you to add resistance—they just do it, and your bike obeys their commands, making it a lot harder to slack off. My company bought about $10,000 worth of equipment including 2 S22i bikes. Type a location into the search bar and you can go for a ride anywhere in the world, as long as it’s covered by Street View. Others aim for a conversational, intimate style designed to make you feel it’s just you two, pushing the pedals out for a ride.

As well as giving you the chance to mix up your workouts each time you hop on the bike, you’ll also get lots of encouragement from world-class personal trainers during rides. You can't switch the background music. So yes it costs a lot but, for reasons we'll go into below shortly, it's worth it for exercising at home to the level you're used to in the gym. To do these comfortably, you turn the screen so you don’t have to peer at it over the handlebars. Dig deeper into the pros and cons of the NordicTrack S22i below. Otherwise, this is a very tough exercise bike to beat, even if your company's name is Peloton. I have a job, I have toddlers, and I live in a rainy city, so I can understand that getting outside for 30 minutes a day isn't always as easy as I'd like to be. I can only warn you of my experience. Its iFit-enabled 22-inch Smart HD touchscreen allows you to bring the energizing atmosphere of a studio spin bike class home. Receive news and offers from our other brands? That said, the S22i provides a generous return on your investment, especially compared to the competition. Peloton has a pretty impressive daily live schedule of spin classes for you to choose from. Hate going to studio fitness classes? This is significantly cheaper than Peloton’s Bike+ over the course of the year. Called warranty department and customer service only to be placed on hold for 30 minutes until the were closed. The classes can be intense or gentle, depending on the level you select. Needless to say, we are thrilled with the purchase and look forward to plenty of use. It isn't cheap, and yes you have to commit to an iFit membership to get the most out of it, but when you consider how well this takes you through a ride, and other exercises, at home, it earns its price tag. I'm increasing your resistance!" But all-in these cost far more, and don’t have the “tap and go” ease of the NordicTrack S22i. This has become an integral part of my fitness program to stay healthy. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. No problem, many of the iFit cycling videos provide instruction on how to incorporate upper-body workouts into your rides. It really is the next best thing to being outside. We may also suggest having a technician come in to look at the machine in person as they may be able to better address the issue instead of over the phone. The bike itself is as sturdy as those found in gyms. Big orange "stop" button keeps you from spinning out of control with joy. Saddle does not tighten so that in and out of saddle work outs become frustrating. Nordic track has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. : Compared with most home fitness machines, indoor cycle trainers need little space. The top of the bike wobbles when you stand and ride (I weigh 180lbs). By submitting your comment you agree to our Privacy Policy. The speaker arrangement is more like that of the original Peloton Bike than the Bike+. The NordicTrack S22i is a great stationary bike built for home use. Other key features of both bikes include wireless telemetry and iPod-compatible speaker systems. Have you been able to speak to a representative who can help you with the mechanical side of the issues? It features magnetic resistance thanks to an inertia-enhanced flywheel with 22 levels to pick from. I waited two months to receive the first part, only to have the bike break two weeks later for a different reason. I got this bike just a couple of weeks ago. This is likely a licensing issue, as iFit can’t suddenly fill its workouts with pop hits without paying to do so, and having an agreement in place. A reminder: Nordtrack got here before Peloton added the feature to the Bike+. The selection was limited because iFit is still taping workout series, but NordicTrack clearly made an effort to find trainers that its audience would connect with personally. It’s not as responsive or as well designed as you might hope. NordicTrack Commercial S22i Specs. Short of the wind in your face. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. GPS and work out programs are great and very helpful and entertaining. This page works best with JavaScript. Some lay the motivational chat on thick. Echelon Smart Connect Chinups vs. Pullups: Which Works Best for You? Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2019. Workouts are labelled with intensity ratings too, a handy guide. Cost – While these bikes are in a similar price range, the S22i generally cost $1,999, and the Peloton Bike can cost between $2,245-$2,694, depending on what package you purchase. The Nordictrack S22i has multi-position bars and 1.5kg weights.

and some were duplicate. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Some acts as tour guides in their workouts. New York, This helps support our journalism.

Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on November 18, 2019. However, the NordicTrack S22i is far more fun to use than a normal exercise bike. These include guided workouts with a trainer who will turn up your bike's resistance and add incline climbs, so all you have to do is keeping pedaling. That means there are no built-in training options for use on the bike as it is. After spending time reading many reviews between the Peloton and the NordicTrack, I finally pulled the trigger on the NordicTrack and couldn't be happier. That positioning would’ve totally blown out my image on a Peloton. Let’s cover the lot.

This content is imported from {embed-name}.

Otherwise digital incline and resistance buttons are great, the instructor adjusts both for you if you want and the different audio controls work great. Other neat features include the ability to hook up a Bluetooth heart rate strap. In recent weeks, they also (at long last) announced the addition of live workout classes, long one of Peloton's primary advantages over the S22i. Flicking through it often feels laggy and the interface never feels like your “home” workout space. Has the company been able to resolve the issues indicated in your comment?

This is an accessory for Wahoo turbo trainers that does the same job. This Street View feature uses fairly high-resolution images, dependent on the source, that look great on the 22-inch Full HD screen. There have been reports of poor customer service by some people though, so keep that in mind. We spent a month testing the new NordicTrack S22i studio bike and its built-in iFit platform, which includes spin classes and virtual international rides. dumbbells for upper-body workouts. Keiser M3 Indoor Cycle Subjects I cover include mobile phones, fitness tech, computing and cameras. Nordictrack S22i Bike Review S22i Bike Overview The cool, hi-tech S22i Commercial Studio Cycle has high-energy iFit class workouts streamed to the bike's wide 22" HD touchscreen console so you can enjoy a studio class at home as if you were actually there. That said, the S22i Studio Cycle does come with transport wheels to make it easy enough to shift around your home as needed. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. There are live lessons too, although this seems a nascent, developing feature in iFit. Much like my experience with NordicTrack's treadmill, the bike workouts (filmed all over the world) were irresistible. If a connected bike with a built-in screen is what you’re interested in, but you’re finding the price of entry of the S22i a bit too daunting, we’d recommend, Standard warranty coverage for the NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle includes. Really hope I can get my Ifit fixed by the end of Dec before I get billed again.... Love the bike and iFit programs! The integrated fan is a godsend for harder workouts like this. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Nordictrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle at Amazon.com. The Commercial S22i allows you to benefit from iFit personal training in a new way: with videos of high quality spin classes on demand! The NordicTrack S22i hardware is more advanced than the Peloton Bike+’s, even though Peloton upgraded its hardware from the Bike to the Bike+ during my time with the bike. Review: NordicTrack Commercial S22i iFit Studio Cycle. It twists through 360 degrees, with a stopping point to ensure you don’t rip out the internal cabling. One important difference is that only the NordicTrack S22i has power incline/decline. From the moment you sign in, you’re presented with a panel of options highlighting of some of the world’s most beautiful rides—from routes in Vietnam and Tokyo to climbs in Norway and Patagonia. I had to stop midway through my first workout and change into padded bike shorts. It’s 22 inches across, full-color, HD and touch-screen friendly. Other key features of both bikes include wireless telemetry and iPod-compatible speaker systems. You see, while this may look like a gym bike, the real appeal here is getting your head out of a four-walled space. Thank you for signing up to Top Ten Reviews. however, I didn't expect to have to make as many adjustment as I would on a rode bike. It shifts smooth, and auto-adjusts for the incline/decline seamlessly. Funny thing is that the part has been available from their company on amazon the whole time and if I wanted to shell out $600 dollars could have had within 3 days of the problem. Head to Norway instead. The iFit bike workouts on the NordicTrack S22i are super fun. The screen is big and adjustable (turns and tilts).

Relatively compact footprint. Visit our corporate site. Aside from the content, there isn't much that distinguishes the Commercial S22i from the zillions of stationary bikes that have been acting as dusty clothes racks for decades. With a giant HD screen, personal trainer guidance and the ability to free-ride using real world mapping, this exercise machine does it all. But digging into the library is too much like starting from scratch each time.

Or more than pedal, actually, as this bike comes with a set of 3lb dumbbells to work your arms. Most obvious is the identical 22” screen size, which helps to create immersive workout experiences. We hope these issues can be resolved so that you can continue to use it properly.