Or recurring troubles with women. Some people hate the trailer music because that shit is not hip hop to them. People throwing out "mumble rap" in the MK11 threads was one of the more embarrassing things I've read lately. Go li. That ain't all topic for him I want people to understand what hip hop can be and it is. Whiz Khalifa is credited with coining the phrase “mumble rap” with an interview that he did on HOT 97 in June of 2016. At times, his verses are a bit elementary. He’s stranger. Nothing wrong with mumble rap. Prescription cough syrup, aka “lean,” has taken over the rap game. Some people refer to Chance as mumble. Mind you I’m talking the early, more refined Chief Keef (if there is such a thing). ... Snoop Dogg appeared to throw shade at the new generation of “mumble rappers” in the video for his new single ‘Moment I Feared’. I intuitively know I’ll catch a lot of flack for throwing Chief Keef aka “Campaign Sosa” on a “best rappers” list. You’ll either find some fun in the guy’s music or you’ll wanna dump a bottle of hydrogen peroxide into your ears. Johnny shines through his unparalleled way of letting words flow over an instrumental, as if he’s choking on kielbasa in a basement full of carbon monoxide. True quote tupac 2pac shakur hiphop rap quotes, Tupac... he would be my "deceased person you would most want to have dinner with", Official Design Page www.facebook.com/jegirkh.design, A young Ice Cube, Eazy E and Dr. Dre (Left to Right). Hence why we the listeners get a lot of catchy music we can’t understand that’s not really about anything of value. Eminem, Dr. Dre, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, 50 Cent, Xzibit, Game, Method Man, Redman, Busta Rhymes, Hopsin, DMX, Obie Trice and more.. 2 Pac the live of a man first. Rap has grown to emphasize melodic flow over thumping beats more so than the lyrics within or meaning behind. Those years were actually my favorite period in rap, so I love what Bankroll’s doing. With time, and a lot of lean, Chief Keef grew dumber. He makes music to vibe to when you’re drinking lean and counting paper, or just a confused white guy. In fact, modern rappers are so leaned out that “mumble rap” could be considered a subgenre of its own. Sure, he doesn’t always mumble. He’s also been incarcerated for awhile now, but that hasn’t stopped him from releasing over 20 projects throughout his stay in prison.

Bankroll brings bars on every track and always delivers. Other times he surprises you with lyricism. Mr. Homie Quan steers clear from the overly hood content and dark beats in favor of a more fun, fresh, club sound. For one not every new rapper is a mumble rapper. If you haven’t heard such hits as “Type of Way” or “Flex (Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh),” crawl out from under that intelligent rock and witness the borderline-deaf sounds and suspect behavior of Rich Homie Quan. Be prepared for some Lil’ Wayne-esque raspy whimpering over incredible beats. Upvote-8 Downvote. I heard him groaning in features on a few tracks, mostly about money, and wasn’t too impressed with what I heard. You can’t talk modern rap, Southern rap, or mumble rap without mentioning Gucci. I believed the Illuminati to be hokey until Fetty’s Wap’s overnight rise to being the most played artist in music then touring with Taylor Swift. Non-Stop Capital XTRA 1am - 6am. I imagine you’re aware of the overplayed nightmare that “Trap Queen” was, and may still be. That’s also what we heard from Lil’ Boosie’s team for 3 years, so we’ll take that with a droplet of syrup. Recently, he’s been collaborating with big names like Migos and Rich The Kid, and it’s only a matter of time before he blows up. You either like him or you don’t.

Whatever you call that style? Imagine saying we are getting some of the best albums in music history and then providing ASTROWORLD as an example. He should stick with being catchy, as that’s his forte. If you listen through Gucci’s discography you can pinpoint the periods in which he was most affected by lean. I’ve been following him for years now, wondering when he’s going to break out. He may very well be Rosemary’s Baby. His tunes are best when you’re looking for a little motivation to workout or chase some paper. Like why are you comparing Kendrick and childish Gambino?

I walked in that MK11 thread and got exactly what I expected. Inspiring in its own right. It’s as if a 4th grader got hold of a Casio and some Fruity Loops tutorials. I agree that the 21 Savage's song isn't mumble rap, it's just bad rap. One of my personal favorite mumbling rappers, yet it seems he’s unknown to even the general rap audience.

Bankroll Fresh is a true Georgia native who’s bringing back the gritty sounds and "braggadocious" bars of the early 2000s Jeezy/T.I. Johnny Cinco knows his lane and he’s sticking to it. As time went on, he continued pushing and consistently releasing music, and he earned another shot from me. Most rappers that get labelled "mumble rappers" ain't even mumbling. His verses are horrendous, but he’s rap’s current king of hooks. ... mumble rappers. Or more gun charges. I’m not. Mumble rap (often used to describe "emo rap" and "SoundCloud rap") is a well-known pejorative used to degrade younger rappers, although certain groups of hip hop fans still refer to it as a loosely defined microgenre of hip hop that largely spread on the online audio distribution platform SoundCloud in the 2010s.

Truthfully, much of his music does have some real meaning behind it. 7 posts in and the thread is already derailed. OP I think some of these people don't listen to rap in general. I like some mumble rap. I can’t say much more about Thugger. I enjoy rap music, old horror/thriller films, sketch and stand-up, and trying to find actual witches. He’s almost fully responsible for the careers of Nicki Minaj, Migos, and a laundry list of others (including most on this list.) Of some wack shit imo. I played his early mixtapes in my car constantly, and only a select group of people were down with the sound. Like it sends the message of "you're not speaking English the 'right way'", which is a prejudiced idea that has existed for years. Who’s to say whether it’s a good or bad thing? Since he split ways with producer Young Chop his beats have gone downhill also. Also maybe it’s just the circles I run in but god damn do I feel like Big Krit is underrated. For one not every new rapper is a mumble rapper. Give me that punch you in the face and stomp you out with timbs style any day over this. I graduated with a major in Communications and a minor in creative writing; therefore I'm currently working retail. What? Nobody sounds like him. It sounds like a dude with a mouth full of garbage talking while inside a fish tank. With the MK12 thread shown me that many people don't know much about modern hip hop.. Key! The World's Most Entertaining Car Website, Cadbury Reveals Many Of Us Have Been Eating Chocolate Wrong For Decades, 10 Disgusting & Off-Putting Foods That Are Outrageously Expensive, "Big Brother 22" Runner-Up Enzo Palumbo Doesn't Think He Should Have Lost 9-0 In Finals, 2020 World Series Ticket Prices Increased After Dodgers Won NL Pennant, 10 Weird Rules Vince McMahon Follows To Be Successful, Fans Vote Bane As Tom Hardy's Most Iconic Role To Date, Dani Briones Says She'll Never Play Big Brother Again, Burger King Is Urging Its Customers To Order From McDonald's, What's Up With WhatsApp's Disappearing Messages, Micheal Keaton Says Jack Nicholson's Joker Made Him "Nervous And Self-Conscious", 10 Crazy Expensive Things Tom Hanks Has Bought, Disgraced Ex-NBA Ref Tim Donaghy Moves On To Pro Wrestling, Italy Closing Movie Theaters Again Following COVID-19 Surge, The Mandalorian Season 2 Premiere Falls Way Short Of The Boys, The Boys Was Going To Be A Movie Long Before It Was Ever A TV Show, Vanessa Bryant’s Posts Touching Message After Lakers Championship Win, 10 Crazy Details You Never Knew About Gwendoline Christie's Career, The Dark Knight Rises Has A Deleted Scene So Violent It Would Have Changed Its Rating, Black Widow's Release Date Delayed Six More Months. Future has been crafting his sound for many years but the immense shine didn’t arrive until recently. With writing abilities and a unique sound like his, I’m sure Key! The ignorant rap game needs people like him. Lucci croons mainly about his rise from growing up with nothing, and the hustle it took to make it where he is now. You had to dig back to 2011 to find when he was somewhat competent and now he flows like the guy in the OP. I was late to the party on YFN Lucci.

A lot of people who say they hate modern rap music actually hate modern pop music.

I’ve checked out nearly every video he has dropped in recent months, all of which have been hits. JavaScript is disabled. These incoherent murmurers are coming out of the woodwork, but I can list in confidence who laid the foundation, and who’s best at capturing the sound. You can’t deny the kid’s debut mixtape “Back From the Dead” was an absolute smash. Yeah but the style shown in this video is still wack though. This dude is calling Kendrick garbage, im deceased. will be around for awhile. Young Thug’s about as questionable as a human being gets but his music is (most of the time) remarkable, and he’s a fascinating character. I always considered "mumble rap" just the bad to non existent flow of Chief Keef or Future at their worst. Despite the atrocity Keef has become, he’ll go down in history as a mumble rap great. You had to dig back to 2011 to find when he was somewhat competent. Some of these guys have been out for a few years though. Go listen to any rap song from the last several years if you don’t take my word for it. Prescription cough syrup, aka “lean,” has taken over the rap game. In my younger days I was an avid Youtuber (not proud). We want to create an inspiring environment for our members and have defined a set of guidelines. November 3rd, 2016 Whatever you call that style? Same thing with the MK trailer. I recommend “Understand Me” as his standout track. Eminem’s surprise 2018 album “Kamikaze” took the hip-hop world by storm. I’d also like to note I’m not convinced Fetty Wap isn’t the devil, or at least working for him. Arguably the most talked about rapper of the decade, Young Thug is endlessly bringing new sounds and styles to rap culture. You’ll have a tough time finding current mainstream hip-hop that doesn’t mention lean. I was initially skeptical about including him because he’s not as much of a mumbler as the others.

Word from his family, friends, and management is he’ll be released before the year’s end. The most LOL-worthy things the Internet has to offer.