Firsts tend to come with a lot of anxiety. The minute you start caring about your thighs or stomach, you lose yourself and it takes away from the moment. Whether you’re in a new relationship or a long-standing one, there comes a time for your first trip together. Oy vey. Comment.

Copyright 2020 JW Media, LLC, parent company of Muscle & Fitness. DMCA Policy If you’re not yet convinced by my advice to slow down, here’s another reason to pay attention: If you rush yourself, you’re more likely to experience performance issues. Instead, you can quell your nerves by spending a few nights focusing on foreplay with a new woman.

You love your partner so much that just the thought of the two of you not being together for the rest of your life scares you a little. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). You can rejoice now! Relationships take work. Nerves are normal.

Hello secret wedding Pinterest board. Remembering that might help you realize that it doesn’t have to be a big deal. What if he’s not as cute as I remember? Tell me if this sounds familiar: You start feeling nervous. Erectile dysfunction may not be a phenomenon we women physically experience, but it's one we've surely witnessed secondhand. Why can’t you just skip this step? Once you get your heart broken for the first time, you learn not to give your whole heart away, but instead ease into handing it over a little at a time, as your lover proves he or she deserves to hold on to it. With every passing minute, you’re thinking, “Text me already!” You replay the date over and over in your head. When your boners are sad, our boners are sad, and, much like at a funeral, it's not always clear what we should do or say to help. Are those expectations really reasonable? Even when the two of you are apart, you aren’t really apart -- messaging each other throughout the day -- yet, when you know you’re going to physically be in his or her presence, you get butterflies.

Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Sex is a vulnerable act, even when it’s casual. Keep in mind that you’re much more likely to help her have an orgasm with your fingers or your mouth than you are with intercourse, so it’s not like she’ll be upset about this change of pace. Listen, when it comes to sex, don’t focus on what you look like. Or you’ve started wearing your comfortable ugly jeans that should probably be thrown away.

I don’t care if you like to be shaven, unshaven, or waxed, whatever is comfortable for you, do it. You’re at ease in this stage. In a way, that's what makes the sex fun. Don’t those expectations feel way more manageable than your own expectations of yourself? You like this stage. People have a lot of their own demons to deal with and sometimes even an amazing relationship will fail -- if only because one of the two individuals isn’t yet ready. You two start getting a little more comfortable with each other.

Why do you need to rush? Nervousness is the way our minds tell us someone means a lot to us. Here’s what I’ve learned: She doesn’t need you to perform like a machine. If a woman is interested in being intimate with you, she’s not going to automatically change her mind simply because you’re taking your time.

#1 Relax. If anxiety is a persistent issue for you, it can really help to work on it independently from your sex life. No one likes being compared to other people’s partners, it’s just a buzzkill and is degrading. Just take a deep breath and relax. But, regardless of how you want to style your hair down there, it’s important to keep it groomed in a way that makes you feel sexy and clean. You’re just getting to know that person and you haven’t settled into that comfortable mode yet. #10 Communicate.

“The reality is that first time sex with someone new isn't always amazing.

Matt Cardy/Getty Images News/Getty Images. You think, “If I had a good time, so did he, right?” If your date waits a while to reach out, you start to "Serial" that sh*t ... going from the beginning to the end, wondering what you’re missing.

Anxiety is obviously a vast topic with many facets relating to psychological health, but there are a lot of different ways you can start tackling it.