As far as boy names go (although it is considered a unisex), this is a pretty cool one and has some rock n’ roll street-cred thanks to the Phoenix acting clan including Joaquin and the late River. HUANG m & f Chinese From Chinese 煌 (huáng) meaning "bright, shining, luminous" (which is usually only masculine) or 凰 (huáng) meaning "phoenix" (usually only feminine). PHOENIX m & f English (Modern) Her father wanted a Native Amercian name since he is Miwok.

Days of Our Lives (soap opera)- Stefano and tony always die and "rise from the ashes of the Phoenix" (a frequent saying in the show) the family ring also has a Phoenix on it Either way I've always loved the name and so does she.

Phoenix means “deep red,” and is the name of the colorful, mythical bird reputed to live for a thousand years before erupting into flames and then rising again from its own ashes. In Scotland, this name means fire. See the popularity of the boy's name Phoenix over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Wow, in my opinion I've always thought that Phoenix would make a great girls name... xD. As far as boy names go (although it is considered a unisex), this is a pretty cool one and has some rock n’ roll street-cred thanks to the Phoenix acting clan including Joaquin and the late River. After living for several centuries in the Arabian Desert, it would be consumed by fire and rise from its own ashes, with this cycle repeating every 500 years. In very few stories they are able to change into humans. In the category of Place Names as First Names, girls have choices like Charlotte, Madison and Paris, and boys have names like Dallas, Austin and Camden. Fifi/Phi-Phi In some stories, the new phoenix embalms the ashes of its old self in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis (Greek for sun-city). Phoenix is the capital of Arizona, a state in southwestern United States. Phoenix ▲ as a girls' name (also used more commonly as boys' name Phoenix) is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Phoenix is "dark red".

(function() { })(); The phoenix name generator generates 21 random fantasy phoenix names each time you may use it in many places. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Phin (Fin) namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. We also have also had people think his name is Felix. Joash sounds like a blend of Jonah or Ashley.

gcse.src = 'https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx=' + cx; Phe PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. I love the name Phoenix and was happy when a friend gave the name to her boy. gcse.type = 'text/javascript'; They have a very prominent shape, some think the phoenix has red legs and eye catching The yellow eyes, whose legs are covered with gold and rose scales claws.

Agni. Pyre I named my daughter Phoenixx, after the Apache fire princess. Phi/Fi Fifi/Phi-Phi Pheeny/Feeny Nicki Nix Nixxy/Nixie. A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). The name Phoenix means Blood Red and is of Greek origin. Phi/Fi If you do not like these, click the Refresh button to get 21 new phoenix names.

(2000 U.S. My little sister is named Phoenix after the fire bird.

© 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. I hear a lot of people who have changed their name to Phoenix, but few who have it as a birth name. Nicknames for Phoenix. The name means ‘fire of Yahweh’. Phoenix Chi Gulzar, daughter of Spice Girl Melanie Brown and Jimmy Gulzar. The name of the bird was derived from Greek φοῖνιξ (phoinix) meaning "dark red". Looking for the perfect name? Phoenix Hoyle- LadBaby’s son. A phoenix is a mythical bird that is a fire spirit with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). Phoe My name was legally changed from Mary to Phoenix. Phoenix is a prodigy. My mother thought it was a beautiful and fierce name. Phoenix is a mythical bird from Greek and Roman legends, tales and stories; Associated with the sun, a phoenix acquires new life … It is a symbol of immortality and rejuvenation. Phoenix What does the name Phoenix mean? Nixy Phoenix Wright, title character from the video game series "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney". Days of Our Lives (soap opera)- Stefano and tony always die and "rise from the ashes of the Phoenix" (a frequent saying in the show) the family ring also has a Phoenix on it Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales) 2014, New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand 2014, Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales), 2010, New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, 2010, New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand for 2012, New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Queensland). Also the name of a city in the southwestern American state of Arizona. Phoenix Phoenix means “deep red,” and is the name of the colorful, mythical bird reputed to live for a thousand years before erupting into flames and then rising again from its own ashes. Phinx I didn't separate names based on sex, as the vast majority of names are unisex, so separating them would mean you'd get two almost identical lists, which is kind of pointless. River Phoenix - American actor "The Phoenix", song by Fall Out Boy. Pix Nick Nix 6. Nixxy/Nixie. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. Phoenix is a mythical bird from Greek and Roman legends, tales and stories; Associated with the sun, a phoenix acquires new life by arising from as ashes of its predecessor. See the popularity of the boy's name Phoenix over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Then there’s a name like Phoenix… Find out more about the name Phoenix at BabyNames.com. What does Phoenix mean?

What are her siblings named? We also have also had people think his name is Felix. This is a list of names in which the meaning contains the keyword, Apply this search to the user-submitted names, search for an exact phrase by surrounding it with double quotes, this field understands simple boolean logic, force a term to be included by preceding it with a, force a term to be excluded by preceding it with a, syllables can only be counted in names that have been assigned pronunciations, names without pronunciations are excluded from results, sounds can only be searched in names that have been assigned pronunciations, names missing pronunciations are excluded from results by default, the "relationship" is how the name relates to its parent name, name impressions are based on feedback left by the behindthename.com community, enter a behindthename.com username to search that user's public personal name lists, to limit your search to a specific list, put the name of the list in brackets after the username. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - book by J. K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - book by J. K. Rowling ASSOCIATED WITH greek, dark (black), red, bird, ashes (tree), Phoenix is a rare first name for women but a very popular surname for both adults and children (#10394 out of 150436, Top 7%). Phoenix is a very masculine name for a little boy and a great name for an adult. As far as boy names go (although it is considered a unisex), this is a pretty cool one and has some rock n’ roll street-cred thanks to the Phoenix acting clan including Joaquin and the late River.

Animal, Bird, Celestial, Greek/Roman Mythology, Green, Nature, Place, Star/Planet, Word, Actor Joaquin Phoenix, Actor River Phoenix, Add a Dash of Magic to Your Next Celebration With These Disney Cakes, All the Inspiration You Need for a Magical Minnie Mouse Party, We Can’t Get Enough of These Mickey Recipes, A Walt Disney Imagineer Shares What Inspires Her to Create Magic Every Day, Bond with Your Little One This #DisneyWeekend with a Coloring Session. Phoenix Phoenix means “deep red,” and is the name of the colorful, mythical bird reputed to live for a thousand years before erupting into flames and then rising again from its own ashes. Joaquin Phoenix - American actor In ancient myths, the phoenix was a bird that would burn into ashes at the end of its life.

Hardly a day has gone by for the past 10 years that someone doesn't remark how beautiful they think the name is. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; The only glitch was that when I took him around town and people asked me his name they nearly all misheard and thought I said 'Felix'. Phoen (Feen). (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Copyright © 2020 BestNameGenerator.com All rights reserved.

Var: Phenix. Phoenix: The name Phoenix comes from the mythical bird that rose from the ashes of the fire that devoured it. Of course, you could name a phoenix just about anything, especially if it fits the story, but this generator sticks to the more descriptive names, as they will generally fit all types of stories.

In combination with these characteristics, many of the generated names are related to smoke and fire, and these names are common to both male and female. Phoenix is a defense attorney who fights for justice. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more.

Nix Suggested similar-sounding names are Phanie, Phelia, Phemia, Phemie, Phoebe▲, Phoebey and Phoeboe. The phoenix is best known as a being of Greek mythology, but has analogues in other traditions: including the Hindu garuda (गरुड) and bherunda (भेरुण्ड), the Russian firebird, the Persian simorgh (سیمرغ), the Georgian paskunji, the Arabian anqa (عنقاء), the Turkic Konrul, also called Zümrüdü Anka ("emerald anqa"), the Tibetan Me byi karmo, the Chinese Fenghuang (鳳凰) and zhu que (朱雀), and the Japanese hō-ō (鳳凰). Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!

Derived from the Greek phoinix (phoenix, bright red). Afterward, it would be reborn from the ashes as a baby bird. Try the In some stories, the new phoenix embalms the ashes of its old self in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis (Greek for sun-city). It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. After living for centuries, it dies, then is resurrected from its own ashes. It is said that the bird's cry is that of a beautiful song. My oldest is 10 now and the name Phoenix really suits him. My mother thought it was a beautiful and fierce name. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self. Nicki 5.

Twilight- In the first book/movie Bella moves from Phoenix, Arizona to Forks, Washington. Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you! It certainly helped to separate me from the crowd of Marys in the world! var gcse = document.createElement('script'); Twilight- In the first book/movie Bella moves from Phoenix, Arizona to Forks, Washington. Phoenix. It is said that the bird's cry is that of a beautiful song. IPA] Meaning & History. My little sister is named Phoenix after the fire bird. Nicknames for Phoenix. In very few stories they are able to change into humans. Fire/Firebird DEMOGRAPHICS), Phoenix entered the list in 1994 and reached its top rank of #353 in the U.S. in the year 2018. Phoenix Faraday- The Phoenix Prophecy on Episode. These names tend to be more commonly used than Phoenix.

Phoenix Wright, title character from the video game series "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney". It is also a twist on Joshua. Try the Phoenix Names Generator. (TOP 2000 NAMES, 2018). Other Chinese characters are also possible. Phoenix is an ancient equivalent of yin-yang where all things opposite converge.