Hazlewood. Hazlett. Then don't go see PG-13 movies. Names like Hazel (48 Posts) Add message | Report. sort If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Hazel, try our name generator.

It's in 2nd place on my list!

Hazelle, John Green only uses common names in his books haha. match the baby name Hazel in several ways. Visit Appellation Mountain's profile on Pinterest. Hazell, Nathan: Hebrew, meaning “he gave”96. Plain name, but good story. Alyxs never heard of that before! Chloe: Greek, from the word “Khloe,” which was used to represent Demeter, the goddess of fertility, 51. She's brilliant. Grace: Latin, meaning “goodness” and “generosity”49. Actually I love PG-13 movies. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! her real name was Mary but she wanted to be called Alaska since a young age. Ella: English, variation of Eleanor, meaning “light”, 31. Thanks again for so many great suggestions - I've noted my favourites but I think I'll save them for next time... husband has slowly come around to Hazel and I think it's back on the table now! It's too hipster. How is this anymore nutty than the name Josephine or Emelia? Elizabeth: Hebrew, meaning “consecrated to God”27. Share your tips for making learning fun for your children with VTech - £100 voucher to be won, How do you relax when you have 10 minutes to spare?

Harper: Latin, a last name traditionally given to someone who plays the harp19. I couldn't decide out of Hazel or Nadia but I think I chose the right name for her with Hazel. I am glad that it is making a comeback. For me, all the people around me are talking about having a little baby Augustus & Hazel running around and it is becoming a stupid name to me. Glad I'm not alone on this one. Hannah: Hebrew, meaning “favor” or “grace of God”67. I've got one and I was't sure at first, but it's massively grown on me. One of these names might be the perfect one for your new bundle of joy. Audrey: English, meaning “noble strength”93. I loved Sylvia and Lydia but he wouldn't consider either. Riley: Irish, meaning “wood clearing” and “valiant”57. Perle. Hazel starts with H. Lily: Greek, from the flower, which is a symbol of purity in Christianity63. The Most Popular Names in Kindergarten This Year, 36 Once-Popular Baby Names That Are Disappearing, The Official List of 2013's Most Popular Baby Names Released.

My mother has been a nurse my whole 13 years of life, and I have been to her work and I have met people with cancer. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. That’s when it’s a good idea to turn to some of the most popular baby names from the US Social Security Administration.

Despite being an avid book-lover, I thought the Fault in Our Stars was really boring. : ) it's just that when I first thought of it, I started hearing it EVERYWHERE. Hailey is one of those baby names that come in so many spellings and variations that it's more widely used than it may seem from popularity charts. Olivia is the chart-topper, the literary name with unstoppable appeal.

People tend to get really off topic. LOVE this name...but would never consider it because it's WAY too popular right now. clear I used to like this name. Joshua: Hebrew, meaning “lord is salvation”82. © 2020 Nameberry.com. Surname is three syllables and begins with A which puts a lot of A ending names out.Any help hugely appreciated!

Stop b-tching and moaning about The Fault in Our Stars. Aubrey: French, from the Germanic name Albric, who was king of the elves in German mythology73.

I've known her my whole life, so it has a pleasant "vibe" for me. I've loved this name forever. Hazel is lovely..WillowFernAutumnRobynWrenLaurelRowan ( my favourite)Romily Piper, Arwyn beautiful name means MuseNancyFerneSorrellAlyxs Harriet. DS would have been Hazel if he'd been a girl. I hope it stays somewhat uncommon and doesn't shoot up on the popular list. Hazin. John Green did not create the name Hazel for crying out loud! CoCo on June 16, 2019: Hye peeps. Violet: Latin, from the violet flower87. Jackson: Hebrew, meaning “son of Jack”34. Pearl Iris Paige Maude MatildaScarlettBridget VivienneEleanorHenrietta Agnes. Olivia is the chart-topper, the literary name with unstoppable appeal.

Stella: Greek, meaning “star”77. I love this name! But we didn't see why. Brenda and Pauline don't have the same feel to me at all.

Which is why the author's note reads, "This is a work of fiction". I had a nursery teacher called Hazel, who was very sweet and pretty, and this name makes me think of her. Eleanor: Greek, meaning “bright, shining one”65. And with similarly tailored nature names like Hazel and Olive on this list, Myrtle might fit in nicely. Have a clear and unambiguous meaning, direct from the natural world – though it’s okay if that meaning isn’t immediately obvious. I don't think I'll ever mind the popularity unless it wanders into the Top 10... that might break my heart, though I don't think that'll happen. Girls names like Hazel: Mary, Dorothy, Violet, Sheridon, ... Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 101,245 names collected from 2,524,943 family trees, containing 124,672,709 people. So much crap on here about Hazel but where is the vitriol for Alaska and Katherine (those OTHER John Green characters ). Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters. David: Hebrew, meaning “beloved”44. Ryan: Gaelic, meaning “descendent of the king”92.

;). Jacob: Hebrew, meaning “supplanter”26. I could see how it could be androgynous, along the lines of Hilary, but as far as I know it only really has historical usage as a girl's name. I love Hazel. Scarlett: English, meaning “bright red”, 41. – To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. Mila: Russian, meaning “dear one”29. One of my favourite names, unfortunately The Fault in Our Stars turned me away from it a bit. Olivia: Greek, feminine of Oliver, meaning “olive tree”5. It's beautiful, but I can't shake the association with TFIOS, and I can't stand John Green. You weren't addressing it at me, but I was even offended. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. Hazleton.

Personally, I associate it more with Hazel Levesque from the Percy Jackson series than with Hazel Grace from TFIOS. definitely love it. Bella: Latin, derived from Belle, meaning “beauty”97. so adorable for all ages. Love, love, love this name. Don't expect the TFIOS association to stay around forever. It's called real life. I like the spunkiness of it with the Z, I like it a lot more than Mabel. Levi: Hebrew, meaning “joined in harmony”66. Back in the 1890s, it was Olive … Owen: Celtic, meaning “young warrior,” “well born,” and “noble”50. The movie was better. Not as much as I can say for Elsa- any girl named Elsa after the release of Frozen would be fielding responses of, "like in Frozen? Mason: French, a last name traditionally given to stoneworkers18. I love this name and really have no association with it, even though I read and loved The Fault in Our Stars. Aurora: Latin, meaning “dawn”89. Go for it. Layla: Arabic, meaning “wine,” “intoxication,” “night,” or “dark beauty”55. I've never thought about this name until I met a little girl named Hazel who made me fall in love with her name (her parents are great namers- Hazel has a brother Arthur and sister Josephine). 439), vintage baby names that have not yet busted back into the mainstream like Hazel and Oliver, have risen in the ranks for consecutive years. Aspen. I've never seen the movie--my sister is way too young--but I loved the book. Addison: English, originally a last name derived from the name Adam, 71. It's neither here nor there. Abigail: Hebrew, meaning “the father’s joy”23. How couldn't you?! Avery: French, variation of Alfred, meaning “wise”33. It suits me perfectly and I get a ton of compliments. Luke? Are you really vilifying a name just because of a YA book? I think its a beautiful name. Noah: Hebrew, meaning “rest” and “comfort”4. And I don't really see what vulgarity has to do with anything? Hazel Given Name: Hazel In this page you will have information about the name Hazel as: frequency by state, evolution since 1900, other similar names, names that start the same and many more data. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Gwenn. – It hasn't been ruied for me, I just grew tired of it. My mothers name was Hazel. Baby Name Combinations - First and middle names. One of these names might be the perfect one for your new bundle of joy — or it might at least get your mind headed in the right direction to pick the perfect name. Baby Name Lists. It has a nature aspect, as well as a literary one.

Amelia: Latin, meaning “industrious” and “striving”17. I found the book to be really unpleasant to read. Hazel is totally a girls name to me. Appear in the US Top 1000 prior to 1918, and feel like it might have been reasonably heard as a given name a century ago. Now it is becoming much more common (Ex: Dolphin Tales, The Fault in Our Stars). Automobile baby names. Hazel is a name applied from the English word hazel, referring to the hazelnut tree. Alexander: Greek, meaning “defender of men”22. :D, I agree. totally agree about Hazel being odd with blue eyesSurely most people would associate it with the tree? Such a Unique and Spunky name, don't really see enough Hazel's in the world.

Xx. .That one in particular. B-tching? It is beautiful. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Reminds me of Witch Hazel. How?

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. James: Hebrew, meaning “one who follows”8. Names like Hazel: Author: Tuesday (Authenticated as trayc53) Date: July 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM: Can you suggest some names with the same kind of vibe as Hazel? Hazlewood.

Carter: English, traditionally a last name given to those who drove carts48. Leo: Latin, meaning “lion”100. What now?! Current US popularity rank: #213 US popularity rank in 2016: #272. But the most influential Hazel of recent years is the heartrending heroine of Fault in Our Stars. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! How disappointing that such a gorgeous name is now being beaten down and picked on because you don't like a book it was featured in. This websites really cute I liked the names hazel,sapphire,amber,lavender,and rose THANKS!! I think this name is completely normal, but I wouldn't use it because of the connect to TFIOS, not because I hate the book or movie, but because I don't want that to be the first thing people think of when they hear the name. Despite the YA association currently, it's hard to discourage anyone from using this beautiful, old-fashioned name. I love this name so much, I hope it doesn't get too popular. Here's to hoping for the latter situation to play out than the former- I'd be perfectly happy for Hazel to remain a less popular gem that would be used by more discerning namers, rather than it become the name of every other little girl you meet (goodbye, Sophia). Hazel is one of many names coined in the 19th century from the names of plants. Julian: Latin, meaning “bearded” and “father of the skies”72. Baby Name Lists. Hazlitt. You are dying. Samuel: Hebrew, meaning “heard God” or “asked of God”42. Such a pretty name, unique, but not unheard of. I can see it being a middle name for a boy, you know? Jack: English, traditionally a nickname for John or James56. Some family members say the name suits her because she's a nut! Hazin. This name is so beautiful, and after reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, I really fell in love with it. "One of those nutty celebrity names?" Top 50 Baby Names - March 2016. See the popularity of the girl's name Hazel over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. I agree, there should be more commemts about the name.