When given the chance to atone for your despicable actions, you played the victim card and doubled-down on narcissism.

When given the chance to atone for your despicable actions, you played the victim card and doubled-down on narcissism.

I wish more people could see and call this out for what it was/is: human trafficking.

Thank you for sharing your story, I truly appreciate your perspective on the matter.

Exactly. Since empathy,real not faked, is something narcissists are deficient in.

<3. We’re not gonna trade him in, we’re not gonna return him.

, let’s say $.01 per view, your (former) adopted son Huxley’s “Gotcha Day” video—which garnered more than 5 million views before you changed the privacy settings this week— could have made you upwards of $50,000.

I was frustrated about how much they have shared about H in social media and he had no privacy at before he was sent with another family.

I’m also an adoptee from Korea. Myka and James are horrible human beings. So again, thank you for speaking out and thank you for being here. You have succinctly summed up exactly how I feel. Can you imagine what Huxley’s birth parents could have done with $20,000-40,000? I’m not much into cancel culture, but I sure hope that they never, ever go back to making videos, especially under the guise of being ‘family vloggers’. A point I’d like to add is the rebid ableism of this couple.

Can you imagine what Huxley’s birth parents could have done with $20,000-40,000? My brother is an adoptee and I could never, ever picture my life without him. He deserves this. People are investigating his whereabouts- I’ll try and keep this post updated. Maybe this fact “went in one ear and out the other” like the warning from an expert about the severity of Huxley’s medical needs. Their actions are offensive to nearly everyone who has a compassionate bone in their body. I would looooooove to see their adoption agency address this as well—I’m interesting in hearing what work they are doing as a private company to prevent adoptees from getting lost in the system such as this. We need more voices like yours in the world. Now, attorneys for Myka and husband James are speaking out. Thank you, Luana! When I found my birth mother in Korea as an adult, she told me that when I was born, she wanted to hold me until she died. This letter is for Huxley (or whatever name he claims someday as his own). Thank you for reading, Rachel. This was 2012, around the time she met James on OkCupid.

You are not disposable.

Hope you are managing okay in Korea. And they are only ours to tell, if and when we decide it feels right.

I’m devastated by this story and grateful you shared it.

of both influencer marketing and adoption. The seemingly innocuous product recommendations from a fraudulent parenting expert put money in your pocket any time someone followed a link and purchased something from the website (even for days after the original click took place). Powerful home truths!! It was so triggering, it suffocated my voice. Thank you. I feel your passion and pain and what has happened angers me extremely. We are crying together! It’s been engrained in our DNA since infancy. This brought tears. But your story matters. I was so triggered as well. The only reason I was able to write about it is because I’ve felt it so acutely myself. On the surface, the industries seem to have nothing in common. Many of us have shared our anger and it is so wonderful to see adoptee voices rise and say it as it is!! Many adult adoptees, myself included, are working every day to heal from ours. So thank you so much for using yours. Thank you for this post. Twice abandoned. If you’d spent more time reading through posts with the hashtag #adopteevoice instead of co-opting it for your own use, perhaps you would have heard our stories of pain and grief. You’ve even monetized your “apology” video with ads; laughing all the way to the bank.

As an adoptee, this whole situation has exposed to me that my greatest subconscious fear has always been that if I was ‘too hard’ or ‘too difficult’ I would again be abandoned. I’ve written much about our grief and trauma, and tried several times to write about this.

So much for people to learn now that this case has been publicized… I hope they do better now that they know better. On the surface, the industries seem to have nothing in common. Your words are spot on! You defended your choice by saying “Huxley wanted this decision 100%.” So you were either successful in gaslighting a four-year-old, non-verbal child OR you’re putting words in his mouth for your own gain. Your email address will not be published. While crying through the article of anger, sadness, and hope. You are the WORST. . If you truly wanted to help “orphans” from other countries, there were other ways of providing resources besides convincing yourself that you were entitled to parent someone else’s child. We’ve known your heartbreak, too. YouTube personality Myka Stauffer is facing criticism for "rehoming" son Huxley three years after he was adopted from China. He is ours as much as we are his which is why Huxley’s story broke my heart so deeply. Myka is doing what so many in this industry have before—deleting our comments, blocking us from engaging, trying to make us feel as though our experiences don’t have a place in the narrative. I can only imagine the confusion, heartbreak, and the multitude of other emotions he must feel without being able to fully comprehend and process them at five years old. I have been obsessed with learning about perspectives from adoptees like yourself, adoptive parents, parents of neuro-atypical children, grown children with autism, and just parents in general after Myka and James’ ‘rehoming’ video.

You defended. If you truly wanted to help “orphans” from other countries, there were other ways of providing resources besides convincing yourself that you were entitled to parent someone else’s child.

That’s an absolutely wonderful piece of writing. It is clear from your pathetic attempt to defend your actions, you are not interested in accepting culpability or telling the truth needed for real healing. Absolutely! Thanks for this. Please remember this, Huxley. I wish someone had written my adoptive parents a letter like this. The disclaimer at the bottom of each caption releasing you from liability for any damage incurred as a result of your content should be permanently tattooed on your forehead.

Thank you for writing this. I agree with you 100%, I am to adoptee who got deported back to korea. The video began like so many others. I just want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for this. So I have one question for you now: was it worth it?

It may be difficult to see the words or hear our voices. Or any other race for that fact..so keep race out of it…the other thing i strongly disagree with tho im not saying its not at all true but i do not believe all adoptees have trauma burned in their psyche and are therefore more likely to commit suicide over other people and my opinion is that from personal experience…i gave up a child for adoption rather than making my unborn child pay for my mistake with his life…and not only does he know he is adopted but he knows i love him and he knows he was given because i didnt want him but that i did so so that he could have a chance at a life that i was too young to give him and the best present i ever got was a letter from him thanking me for not aborting him and that he knows how much i must have loved him because i didnt settle and i found him the best parents he could ever have asked for ..obviously not all adoptees or foster kids have happy beginning or endings but dont catagorize everyone together and say they all have inner trauma because they dont. Wrong on every level. What a great resource. I could never understand why two people who used to tell me that they “picked me out” and wanted me so badly could toss me when things became tough. But—in the wrong hands—they are two sides of the same exploitative coin. Thank you, Brianna. It took several days of typing things like “Myka is trash. Adoption is trauma. You and James are the textbook definition of White Saviorism; using terms like “orphan” to describe children whose families of origin weren’t privileged with the resources you have. I became pregnant at 17 not long after I finally moved back home with my “mom”; as soon as she found out I was kicked out again. Unfortunately, she lived in poverty and a country whose patriarchal values empowered my abusive birth father to relinquish me against her will.

100% human trafficking, child exploitation, emotional and physical abuse. The level of narcissism her and her husband have shown just for the sake of being ‘influencers’ is repulsive. Ugh. Myka Stauffer, 32, and her husband James posted a tearful video last Tuesday saying they've decided to 'rehome' their adopted 4-year-old son Huxley.

Narcissism is the most highly inherited personality disorder, with a heritability index of 0.64 to 0.71 . It is clear from your pathetic attempt to defend your actions, you are not interested in accepting culpability or telling the truth needed for real healing. Agreed! Although, we did notice the luxury Bali vacation you took with the rest of your family shortly after he mysteriously disappeared from your posts.

Publicizing the adoption story (read: trauma) of a child too young to give consent is bad enough, re-abandoning him when things got hard for you is almost unspeakable, but collecting a profit at his expense is a whole new level of insidiousness. I see you and your bright Instagram feed, Myka.