There was no GTM detected at all.So the 2 instances are comming from your plugin. I checked the sourcecode of the page and there are indeed 2 lines: But I can't find the second Tag with the wrong tracking ID( UA-89391909-1UA-89391909-1). I removed it but the error still exists in the Google Tag Assistant. Hi thereMy theme currently has 4 folders under the "layout"Each Folder contains my Google Analytics Tracking ID. If it’s quality, keep it. GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together. To prevent multiple duplicate tracking. Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. My Bounce rate is very very low and I believe it has to do with my Tracking ID being in a few places in my code.

As we are starting from scratch, do you think that we should set up another google analytics property? I'm not sure how long it will take to be effective.

Have a question about this project? By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and Installing multiple instances of the Google Analytics Tracking code on a single web page is not a supported implementation. 3 comments. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails. I am using google tag assistant check the screen shot,,, that helped me to figure out the duplicates,, I inspected the source and the tag is not beeing duplicated.,,, I just want to confirm if that is an issue or not.. There are multiple google analytics tags on the website because the client has switched agency a couple of times. By adding multiple analytics codes means, adding multiple Google Analytics Pageview tags in Tag Manager. To prevent multiple duplicate tracking. https://pagefly.io/blogs/shopify/shopify-pricing-calculator?utm_source=profile%3Ashopify-forum&utm_medium=information&utm_campaign=blog&utm_content=tony. Inventory + Continue selling when out of stock NOT WORKING. It has been a while, and the tag manager still duplicates,, but the results reflects that everything is working fine, and no duplicates are happening,,, So I guess it is a google tag manager bug. Payout is failing and cant change my banking info to fix it. I believe this issue can be closed. As we are starting from scratch, do you think that we should set up another google analytics property? privacy statement. There are multiple google analytics tags on the website because the client has switched agency a couple of times. In the Shopify Store Admin, I've seen one of the Google Analytics Tags which is implemented successfully(UA-89391909-1). For questions and discussion on Google Analytics. But I can't find the second Tag with the wrong tracking ID( UA-89391909-1UA-89391909-1). Yes it does seem to be pretty bad, they also seem to have adwords tags from Google Tag Manager containers that they no longer own, More posts from the GoogleAnalytics community. Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. Thanks for your suggestion, Tony. Google Analytics-Multiple Trackers for Several Accounts? I've seen this many times before (in a wide variety of stacks/contexts). google-analytics - trackers - multiple google analytics tags detected . Press J to jump to the feed. I guess that caused the problem. Thanks. share.

they're used to gather information about the pages you visit and how many clicks you need to accomplish a task. Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue. Yes, this is a Google Tag Assistant bug. I deactivated your plugin and the warning went away.

Tag Assistant is a little buggy. There will be no implications, but i would rather suggest that instead of doing this, you create a separate view on one analytics and give access to whomever you need to give, if that is the reason.Also, depending on your business of course, if tracking is important to you (which looks like it is).

Try to get access to an existing GA property so you can see the historical info. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. Looking for BEST ... Issues with Shopify and hotmail/live email accounts.