MQA Studio (blaues Licht) zeigt an, dass die Tonqualität der des originalen Quellenmaterials entspricht und entweder durch den Künstler/Produzenten im Studio genehmigt oder durch den Copyright-Inhaber zertifiziert wurde. Another miracle from Smokey, this confessional wailer was a No.10 US hit in 1965 – but should have been bigger. Marvin’s third vocal partner, Tammi Terrell, gave him something dazzling to bounce off, and both singers shine on this glorious affirmation of love gone good, laid in 1968. Smokey replied to his own song for Mary Wells with this wonderful record, Robert White’s simple but effective guitar figure contrasting beautifully with David Ruffin’s powerful vocal.

Before ʻU Can’t Touch This’ there was ʻSuper Freak’, a badass hunk-a punk-funk that had Rick James riding high in 1981. Stevie Wonder and his wife Syreeta are credited amongst the writers of one of my favourite tracks of all time. A powerful platter of paranoid psychedelic funk penned by Norman Whitfield and lyricist Barrett Strong. Martha and her soul sisters deliver a tune you’ve heard over and over – but it still sounds fantastic. Best Bud Powell Pieces: 20 Bebop Barnstormers, Millennial Motown: The Sound Of Young America In The 80s And 90s, The Origins Of ‘Kokomo’: What’s In A Name, Freddie Mercury Photos: A Visual History Of The Iconic Queen Frontman, ‘Street Of Dreams’: Rainbow’s Soft-Rock Serenade, Black Female Activists Discuss The Power Of Music In Movements, Blossoms Drops Holiday Singles Ahead Of Documentary, St. Vincent Covers Nine Inch Nails’ Classic Track, ‘Piggy’, Brothers Osborne, Jon Pardi Among 2020 CMA Awards Performers, Remastered Edition Of Paul Weller’s ‘Wake Up The Nation’ Set For Release, that plaudit going to Gladys Knight And The Pips, Sweet Thing: ‘The Motown 7s Box: Volume 4’ Announced, 70s Motown Albums You Need To Know: Overlooked Soul Classics Rediscovered, Black Female Athletes Weigh In On Creating Community And Enacting Change, Urban Legends Launches New ‘Women With A Message’ Campaign, ‘NOW That’s What I Call Music!’ Series Announces R&B Christmas Album, Ted When And YehMe2 Team Up On ‘Eyes Closed’ Remix, Georgia Dobbins, Co-Writer Of ‘Please Mr. Postman,’ Dies At 78. There was a lot of life in The Supremes after you-know-who quit. “There are little things that happen on those [original Motown] records,” said Detroit-born Don Was, the GRAMMY-winning producer who is President of Blue Note Records. The famed Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team is behind two of the inclusions, "Road Runner" and "Reach Out I'll Be There," with the former, popularized by Junior Walker, performed appropriately enough by Trombone Shorty. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Motown Magic is an animated children's television series, created by Josh Wakely, and produced for Netflix.

At least in America, and in my 45rpm collection. But you can still hear a strong current of R&B and an undertow of gospel in this thrilling floor-filler and all-time mod mover. Those pumps gonna strut.

Released in 1969, a chart-topper in 1970, and the birth of a legend. Walk in her shoes? Animated children's television series Motown Magic's soundtrack comprises new versions of Motown label classics from the '60s and early '70s. If you’re not in the mood, this can almost be too intimate – but who isn’t in the mood when Marvin starts to sing? Motown hits that are recorded in the series are from such performers as The Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes and Smokey Robinson & The Miracles. Marvin and Tammi never sounded better, solo or in union. We’re all invited. Discover the best Motown love songs. Ask questions and download or stream the entire soundtrack on Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, & Amazon. Four Tops’ 1966 monster, with Levi Stubbs straining every sinew to let you know he’s standing by, ready to catch you when you fall. During the next ten years I also got into Northern Soul and Funk. Forget the hair of the dog. Another slowie, 1964-style. This silky 1967 treatise on love and desire, previously recorded by The Temptations, is imbued with such emotion, you’re swept away. Produced and penned by Holland-Dozier-Holland, this fabulous single was the only big hit for The Elgins, a highly-accomplished vocal outfit. A wild version supplied a much-needed UK hit for The Fall in 1987. A fair question, Marvin, as the skinny 60s soul romantic grows into a man aware that the world around him is full of exploitation, fear and loathing.

References Marvin is overwhelmed by desire in the title track of his 1976 album, I Want You, produced and co-written by Leon Ware. An early marker of success for up’n’coming super-producer Norman Whitfield, this irresistible single was one of just two US Hot 100 entries for a girl group signed to a record company awash with them. ‘Feeling Good’: Nina Simone’s Joyous Emancipation Anthem, ‘Beautiful Day’: The Dawn Of A New Era For U2, Best Chet Baker Pieces: 20 Jazz Essentials, Best Pat Benatar Songs: 15 Power Ballads and Pop-Rock Bangers, About Us • Contributors • Terms of Service • Privacy Policy • © 2020 uDiscoverMusic, Photos: Motown Records Archives (Rick James), Motown/EMI Hayes Archives (Stevie Wonder, Mary Wells, Martha And The Vandellas, Marvin Gaye).

But when a tune like this was the result, it was worth arguing over. What a guy.

With a chorus driven into your brain by a guitar like an angry hornet, this has the pop fashion of 1967 all over it. Nastay as a busted tooth, slick as an oil spill, this kicks butt. Find all 8 songs featured in Motown Magic Soundtrack, listed by episode with scene descriptions. While you’re reading, listen to our Motown Greatest Hits playlist here.

When it finally saw the light of day, it soared.

Norman Whitfield created a ground breaking Motown track with his production of Papa was a rolling stone. Such a jive danceable with a great chorus …its a happy song and what is better than dancing and smiling at the same time!

Teasing out the release, the series’ theme song The Jackson 5’s “ABC,” which showcases the talents of Zacary James (Melisizwe Brothers) and The Motown Magic Cast, introduced the project just last week.

Either way, ‘Dancing In The Street’ was an anthem. Massive in 1968, massive today. “It’s exciting to see these timeless classics reimagined through extraordinary animation and heartfelt stories while still honoring the roots of the music.” Assertive, powerful and groovy, this 1966 smash is beautifully delivered by the great Eddie Kendricks.

The use of the word “charms” is totally toxic. A happy and glorious 1977 No.1. Sticking with the R&B end of Tamla Motown, here’s the label’s first No.1, stylishly delivered by Gladys Horton and the girls from Inkster, Michigan. Ask questions and download or stream the entire soundtrack on Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, & Amazon. Your email address will not be published. Some emotions remain eternal.

Looking for more? Here we’ll show you why. Animated children's television series Motown Magic 's soundtrack comprises new versions of Motown label classics from the '60s and early '70s. [1][2], The series was first made available worldwide on Netflix on November 20, 2018. I remember what it was like being a beginner and I always try to make the beginners classes now. Fabulous fictional funk.

In the eighties my dance hero was Niles Rogers of Chic. Co-produced by a couple major figures who grew up on the stuff -- Detroit-area native Don Was and fellow Midwesterner Bob Mothersbaugh -- the album also involves a bunch of Motown session veterans, including Ray Parker, Jr., string arranger Jerry Hey, and bassist Cornelius Mims. OK everyone, time to let The Boogie take control and just have a great time.

The best Motown songs are timeless soul classics that capture everything it means to be in love, to suffer heartbreak – and to want to dance with abandon. Für Anwender mit Apple / iTunes und einigen Netzwerk-Streaming-Player. Placed in the right hands, the project's executive producer is Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee Smokey Robinson, who takes the lead on two of his songs, "My Girl" and "I'll Be Doggone." Throbbing, grinding and otherworldly, this is Ross in inner space, chasing dreams and illusions, while regretting wasted love as ever. More Smokey magic, this time as a tunesmith alongside fellow Miracle Pete Moore.

Anne, Thanks for your comment Anne. Wakely acquired worldwide rights from the music of Motown to feature in the series. But his slower, altogether more spooked version was the one that stuck.

But Boyz II Men’s 1992 New Jack Swing sound was styled after classic vocal soul, Motown included. Kompatibel mit vielen Netzwerk-Streaming-Player und Digital/Analog Wandler (DAC). No apparent shortcuts were taken. In terms of sound, it was a prophet for Marvin Gaye’s classic What’s Going On album.

Wenn Sie eine MQA-Datei auf einem zertifizierten Produkt mit einem MQA-Decoder abspielen, wird die ursprüngliche Studio-Masterdatei wiedergegeben. That letter she wanted probably held a 1961 gold record. Required fields are marked *. This song list accompanies the review of The Magic of Motown. Obvious, really.

Critics praised the concept of reimagining Motown songs for a young audience. ʻGot To Give It Up’ was an exception, and it showed he could have been the king of the four-to-the-floor style if it had suited him. Co-written by Four Tops’ Obie Benson after he’d seen police brutality at a street protest, ‘What’s Going On’ was the African-American hit of 1971, covered by jazz musicians, reggae singers and funkateers alike.