[36] Charlotte Dillon of AllMusic wrote that "her voice and emotional delivery are up to the test, even for old ballads and standards",[38] while Nash found her delivery "overly dramatic". [65] The two had one daughter, Morgan Anastasia Gaddis. Morgan's manager noted at the time that RCA's decision to re-sign her after having previously dropped her from the BNA division was "unusual". She had one child with him, daughter Morgan Anastasia Gaddis. [66] From 1994 to 1996, Morgan was romantically linked to actor and politician Fred Thompson. But as far as him being The One, yeah, I think we could have lasted forever. She achieved her greatest success between 1988 and 1999, recording for RCA Records Nashville and the defunct BNA Records. [56] In 1998, tabloids published allegations that Morgan had been spotted in the back of a limousine with Bill Clinton, then the President of the United States, but Morgan dismissed the claims as "fabricated". [2], Morgan's employment at Acuff-Rose led to her signing with that company's Hickory Records label,[6] which issued two singles in 1979: "Two People in Love" and "Tell Me I'm Only Dreaming". The song, ‘Dear Me’, from the same album was also a success.

[1] She also toured as a backing vocalist for George Jones, made guest appearances on the television series Nashville Now, and in 1984 became the youngest inductee of the Grand Ole Opry. Coming to her personal life, she has been married six times, three of her spouses being famous American Country singers. [56] Remz wrote in a review of Greater Need that "Morgan's voice always has been her strength, often getting right at the heart of songs of heartbreak and loss, her signature",[30] while saying in a review of To Get to You that she "turn[s] in readings with a good deal of emotion tossed in without being overwrought. "[48], Morgan signed to Image Entertainment in 2002.

[10] In 1993, Leave the Light On earned a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments of one million copies. [1] After this came "I Guess You Had to Be There" and "Half Enough". Also certified platinum by the RIAA,[11] it accounted for four Hot Country Songs entries between then and early 1992: "We Both Walk", a cover of George Jones' "A Picture of Me (Without You)", and "Except for Monday" all reached top ten, while title track reached number fourteen in early 1992. Her father, legendary singer George Morgan played an influential role in bringing Lorrie into music. Being an artist and musical icon, she continues to write and compose songs for her Country Music fans worldwide.

Even after eight years of their marriage, we do not hear any rumor about this couple.

They married amid a beachside ceremony, however, the location is unknown to date. [1] Maria Konicki Dinoia of AllMusic showed favor toward the contrast in the two singers' voices, highlighting the more uptempo songs such as "He Drinks Tequila" in particular. The couple divorced on 23rd October 2007 due to personal issues. [41] Tom Roland of The Tennessean found the album's first half stronger than its second half, praising the collaborative songs and Morgan's vocal delivery on "Strong Enough to Cry", but criticizing the Adams cover. [28] The album included guest vocals from Vince Gill, Travis Tritt,[29] and her son Jesse Keith Whitley. [24], BNA issued her next studio album, War Paint, in 1994. On that basis, anyone can guess that they are having a good time together. Morgan observed that her relationship with Thompson increased her personal interest in political matters, but also caused her to "stop and think about the political implications of everything before I uttered a word in public." Her first project for the label was The Color of Roses, a two-disc compilation featuring live performances of both her hit singles and pop standards accompanied by the Belmont University School of Music Orchestra,[49] recorded on September 1, 2001 at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center in Nashville. She released her first album ‘Leave the Light On’ in 1989 that covered 11 songs, including the hit country song ‘Trainwreck of Emotion’. [28] While the followup single "I Just Might Be" failed to make top 40 on Hot Country Songs, the album's last single "Good as I Was to You" reached number four in 1997. The song reached number 20 on the Hot Country Songs chart and served as the lead single to her debut album Leave the Light On. Juliet, Tennessee, east of Nashville. Unfortunately, Whitely breathed his last at the tender age of 33 in 1989 due to excess alcohol consumption. She was only female vocalist at that time to earn three platinum albums, and was voted as ‘Female Vocalist of the Year’ in 1994 by ‘Music City News Awards’, a fan-voted award for country music.

She released her fourth studio album called ‘War Paint’ in 1994, with good tracks like ‘My Night to Howl’, and ‘Don’t Touch Me’. As a country singer with a huge fan following, she has sold over six million records worldwide. "[33] Remz highlighted the vocal performance on the Shirelles cover and the single "One of Those Nights Tonight" in particular, while calling the Bill Anderson composition "I've Enjoyed as Much of This as I Can Stand" the strongest song. This album was composed entirely of cover songs dating largely from the 1940s and 1950s, and produced no singles. She is also a member of the Grand Ole Opry.

[11], Morgan's next album Greater Need was released in 1996. [1] The same year she issued two singles on MCA Records: "Don't Go Changing" reached the lower regions of Hot Country Songs,[1] while "If You Came Back Tonight" did not chart.

The album's singles were unsuccessful on the charts, with "My Night to Howl" peaking at number 31 on Hot Country Songs, "If You Came Back from Heaven" failing to reach top 40, and "Heart Over Mind" stopping at number 39. [23] The following year, she appeared in the ABC TV movie The Stranger Beside Me.

She won the ‘Hot Shot Debut’ Award for her album ‘Reflections: Greatest Hits’ (1995) for the fifth position debut on the country album charts. [25], In 1995, Morgan released her first Greatest Hits album. [1] The song was originally intended to be a duet with Kershaw, but after his label expressed disinterest, the then-president of Morgan's label suggested that she cut it with Randall. Contributing songwriters included Robert Ellis Orrall, Leslie Satcher, Trey Bruce, Stegall, and Randall.

She exchanged her bows with the Tennessee businessman, Randy, back on September 15, 2010. Randy is the first man in her life who doesn't belong to the music industry. If so, look no further, you are in the right place.

She started singing in night clubs and performed live openers for other famous American and Canadian country singers and bands like Jack Greene, ‘Billy Thunderkloud and the Chieftones’, and others. Leading off the singles was the Jon Randall duet "By My Side", which became Randall's only top 40 hit. Her second marriage was to country music singer Keith Whitley, which lasted from 1986 until Whitley's death from alcohol poisoning in 1989. [25] Morgan began dating American football player Troy Aikman in late 1993, but they amicably separated by year's end.

After a year, Morgan again started a relationship with actor and politician Fred Thompson. [19] The album charted two seasonal entries on Hot Country Songs: a rendition of "My Favorite Things" in late 1993, and of "Sleigh Ride" two years later. [55], Morgan's style is defined by her singing voice, and the combination of ballads and uptempo material present in her discography. It is very common for people to marry twice or three times in the modern time.

[30] James Stroud produced the album, and contributing musicians included Dann Huff, Paul Franklin, Billy Joe Walker Jr., Glenn Worf, Alison Krauss, and former Toto member David Hungate. As of 2018, there are fifteen albums to her name.