Video game soundtracks are often underappreciated, so it's nice to see Microsoft bring this one to Spotify. I really wanted to imbue my music with that essence of alchemy. I really wanted to take that inspiration and draw from my own interests to give the music a personal flavor, while also holding true to the vibe of the original soundtrack.

I remember being really drawn in because of that, and was delighted when I started hearing music emerging from nothing. How, if at all, is writing music for Minecraft different than writing for other games? What about a rewarding one? "I wanted each piece to feel like a progression of emotions, or a journey from place to place within this other world. Ahhh, music. There's so many opportunities to stand out that you need to pull yourself back from, because the music needs to sink into the background. I think music and sound play a huge role here. All new audio should be unique, yet still feel connected and united with Vanilla Minecraft. Did you notice Samuel Åberg’s name appear twice? The thing that plays ever-so softly in the background as you journey into the unknown, lulling you into a false sense of security. Lena: It's been such a tremendous honor for me to be able to contribute to Minecraft, and I really hope everyone out there that sets foot into the new corners of the Nether enjoys getting a little freaked out to my music. “Be it the new Nether biomes, a creepy crypt in Minecraft Dungeons, or a beautiful AR landscape in Minecraft Earth,” continues Samuel, “these places in our games not only look like Minecraft, but they all really feel like Minecraft. Ms. Raine's past work includes composing music for Guild Wars 2, Celeste, and Steven Universe: The Movie. Check out these awesome accessories. And, in happy parity news, Bedrock and Java now sound a lot more alike, after the Bedrock team recently added the final missing music to their libraries.

"One of the primary instruments in Minecraft is the piano, and so one of my challenges to myself was to see how far I could push the sound of the piano until it resembled other things entirely–again, that alchemical process," she said. One of the primary instruments in Minecraft is the piano, and so one of my challenges to myself was to see how far I could push the sound of the piano until it resembled other things entirely – again, that alchemical process. Mojang But also: ahhh, music. Yay! "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB. Minecraft is getting a new major update later this year called 'the Nether Update.' You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. Those tracks are available in the snapshot that was released yesterday, and we’ve had a chance to pick Lena’s mind about the creation of said tracks.

The official soundtrack is composed by Lena Raine, and is comprised of five tracks totalling just over 20 minutes of music. ?” But the most rewarding thing for me in contrast to that has been taking into account the legacy of the game and its music, and coming up with something new that I hope compliments it well, while also adding my own little flavor to the world. Black Friday deals from $10: Save big on Echo, Fire TV, and more at Amazon right now. A particular inspiration was the process of building a portal to the Nether, which very much feels to me like an alchemical process, transmuting one thing to another. Some new Minecraft Nether music has arrived in the newest Snapshot release and there's a special surprise: the new tunes are from the mind of Celeste composer Lena Raine. Lena Raine - Minecraft: Nether Update (Original Game Soundtrack) (2020) Trending Leaks. The thing that brings people together, puts words, chords, or beats to our deepest emotions, and inspires us to attempt outlandish haircuts to signal group allegiance (looking at you, Thomas circa 2002). I usually write extremely melodic music, but my first drafts for the Nether pieces were actually pretty restrained when it came to melodies. Sure, you can run into a street magician and that's weird enough, but what did that esports player do? It's being developed by Ninja Theory and appears to take a much darker tone than the first game. No spam, we promise. Samuel explains the importance of the “Minecraft authenticity”, and how the team works together to shape a collective understanding both of their origin, but also their destination. However, in recent years, Minecraft has exploded. Save big on Echo, Fire TV, and more at Amazon right now, was working on new music for Mojang Studios, $50 at Microsoft Store (Xbox One Master Collection), $30 at Microsoft Store (Xbox One Starter Collection), $30 at Microsoft Store (Windows 10 Starter Collection). Ahhh, music. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.

And so there's equal parts hope, despair, claustrophobia, overwhelming space, beauty and terror, which makes for a delightful variety. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Thanks for answering our questions, Lena!

Bandai Namco Arcade Blast Makes a Comeback, New Minecraft Nether Music Arrives From Celeste Composer, Rising World Preview - A Serious Take On Blocks, "Rubedo" will be played in the Nether Wastes. Historically, music in Minecraft was the sole work of one artist: Daniel 'C418' Rosenfeld. “Music and sound design play a huge role in the expansion of the Minecraft universe,” says Samuel. What do you think of the Celeste composer cooking up some new Minecraft Nether music? Do you want an operative that likes it shaken, not stirred? Copyright © TechRaptor LLC 2013-2020 With that context in mind, let’s get specific about the new Nether music, and how Lena Raine has worked to achieve her vision. The Minecraft Nether music is far from the only new additions, mind.Also arriving in this snapshot are "Basalt Deltas", a new biome that has a lar ge amount of basalt columns.

Do you have any favorite memories from this project? Whether it's the sound of the piano strings being bowed, or plucked, or put through multiple layers of effects, it's all primarily working with one base sound and then layering in other synths and instruments to build up the mood.

Console Gaming Content

It slowly builds in intensity and eeriness, only to somehow perfectly reach its crescendo with the sudden appearance of a Ghast and SCARE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF YOU. There's a degree of beauty to the Nether, but it is also terrifying in both its details and scale. But before Lena tells us exactly how she manages to make the tiny hairs on the back of your neck stand up, let’s talk about how she came to write and compose music for Minecraft in the first place! At the Game Awards 2019, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II was officially revealed. It's coming out on June 23, 2020, after months of development and changes. Pantera - Reinventing the Steel (20th Anniversary Edition) (2020) Thy Art Is Murder - Killing Season [Single] (2020) Ice Nine Kills - I Heard They KILL Live (2020)

But I also firmly believe that Minecraft has a unique expression when it comes to sound design and music. Jumping into the world of Minecraft? I'm looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing your adventures! Let us know in the comments below! “Every new Minecraft experience needs its own strong audio identity. Coinciding with the newly annouced release date for the Nether Update on Minecraft, coming June 23, 2020, Microsoft and Mojang Studios have brought Lena Raine's music to Spotify. In addition to C418 and Lena Raine, Mojang’s Audio Director (and noted panda noise expert) Samuel Åberg has composed a lot of the ambient sound and music for Vanilla Minecraft. Magma Cubes will spawn very frequently here, and these deltas will also feature a new block called "Blackstone". Are you happy with the progress of the Nether update? Learn more. And then take into account that it's Minecraft, one of the biggest games in the world, and suddenly I'm huddled in the corner of my studio going “Oh God, what do I do!

But I was delighted to hear back from the folks at Mojang who wanted to hear even more of my melodies, to make it really sound like "me"! You can find the official soundtrack on Spotify here, but of course the music will also be featured in the Nether Update releasing next week. That’s because he writes a lot of music, but also keeps a watchful eye on the big picture of sound and music (not “the sound of music”) of Minecraft. From there, you need to select the 20W15A snapshot (or any of the ones after that) to experience this latest batch of content. Ms. Raine's past work includes composing music for Guild Wars 2, Celeste, and Steven Universe: The Movie.. If you're curious about hearing this new Minecraft Nether music, well, it's a bit tough to get it right now.