I just separated the batteries and carefully cut through the glue holding the thermistor. I was using them outdoors in very cold damp weather. Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king. Lift the top off the pack. To awaken one of these dead batteries, place a standard 9-volt battery against the leads on your dead Milwuakee battery for 30 seconds (single lead on your Milwaukee is positive, the double lead is negative.) Depends. The Milwaukee pack has a thermistor that cuts off the charger and the drill if the batteries get too hot.

48-11-1890). @ Apparently these "dead" batteries are a known issue with Milwaukee and often the batteries aren't dead, but just need to be jump started. BUT! Then I will try the 9volt thing again.

Due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding COVID-19, some of the remedies identified in recall press releases may not be available at this time. @ Jumped the power and ground with a 9v. i have a lith ion 18v, when its charging the battery flashes red, while the charger is a constant red, it even turns green saying its fully charged.

They instructed me that; We will send you a label for Fed Ex shipping, place your old batteries in a box that I supply. They may spec them out or put them in different case or ship them out blank for a supplier to rebrand as there own energizer or duracell or whatever but essentialy they all come out of one of 5 or so shops and just have different labels on them so alot of this may also all be in your head. I have three Milwaukee 18V 2.4Ah batteries that I've rotated, usually keeping two fully charged, for the last 3 1/2 years. I pushed a new 9 Volt battery into dead Milwaukee battery as described above then placed it in the charger... and it worked!!! Too good to be true as it turns out. Upon receiving them, they will supply 2 new replacements. @ The configuration of the 2 battery packs is different. @ Remodeling Contractor Hunterdon County NJ, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-cnizLDEE, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Then all you have to do is pull the batteries out.

If charged longer the green light on the charger will not come on indicating a full charge and the battery will not work in the tools.

4:15 PM, Jun 16, 2015 after the last of my 18v milwaukee batteries died, I switched over to the L-ion, which still work on all of the previous 18v tools, (for no particular reason all those batteries sat in my shop, never discarded them) I just happened to stumble on. I found out that one of the major problems with totally rebuilding a pack was tying the batteries together.

I should have waited a day or two before gleefully reporting success. I decided to get one and see if I could transplant the batteries into the Milwaukee case.

The Milwaukee pack has the connector spot welded to the top of 2 batteries. Hazard: If a vent on the battery cell is damaged or compromised during use, the battery can explode and pose a laceration hazard to consumers. Any help with what may be wrong with my refurbished gun? The company will provide a free replacement battery pack for consumers with recalled units. I tried all the charging tricks but it just wasn't coming back. I cut the wires off at the connector to get it out of the way. 5:24 PM, Apr 17, 2017

5:25 AM, Feb 11, 2016 The German and USA made Milwaukee cordless are some of the best tools that were made and better than the Chinese Milwaukee tools now sold. I use it daily. (I thought).

If you can follow these bloody easy directions, to figure out where the leads on the battery are, you bloody well shouldn't be using an 18v Milwaukee drill gun mate! I placed the top on the case and made sure that the wires were not getting caught in the edge of the case. Name of Product: Milwaukee Power Plus, Chicago Pneumatic, and Extractor 14.4 and 18 volt 2.4 Ah NiCd battery packs. 9:16 AM, Jul 30, 2015 It came with 2 NiCad battery packs and they had a deal where you could mail in and get a 3rd pack free. Well it will if I only charge it 3/4 to just when the forth LED on the battery turns on. I've had problems with the Dewalt batteries going bad too soon, but none with Lithium.

You pull the battery …

Rubbish, no leads on Milwaukee batteries, they slot into the charger this is not possible.

I'll share a Ni-Cad trick with you guys. I put it back into the charger and fifteen minutes later with 4 LED on I tested in the tool -No Go, Dec 17, 2009 As others pointed out there are often great deals, so sometimes rebuilding batteries is worth the effort. Kinda off topic also but did you know that there are only like 5 companies in the whole world that make batteries. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. @ I started looking around for replacement batteries.

Anyone else had a similar problem with cold damp weather ? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The plus and the minus are not in the same place. Wow, I'm a bit amazed and a lot relieved. Manufacturer/Importer: Milwaukee Electric Tool Co., of Brookfield, Wis. This will help you identify the leads on your 5-connector battery: Hopefully some of you are still following this thread and can maybe help a guy out here: I've had a Milwaukee cordless drill for about 3 years. Additionally, I couldn't find a cheap enough price for the 15 bare cells to make it worthwhile. and the date code. The Milwaukee charger and probably the drill won't work without the thermistor.