Her story was detailed in the "48 Hours Mystery" episode "Show Me the Money.". Investigators initially said they didn't believe the manager in Wednesday's robbery knew the robbers but they have conducted interviews to ensure she wasn't connected to the crime. CBS 48 Hours will air Michelle Renee story in the fall of 2009. Even though the crime that was committed is unthinkable - this story didn't catch my attention. I appreciated understanding how the judicial system worked/failed in her case and how she fared through it. Three of the perpetrators of the 2000 incident are serving life Kudos to her and her new efforts to help other victims. Visit Michelle's site that celebrates women all over the world at www.WomenWhodreamBIG.com, Featured Authors | 48 Hours Full Episode: "Show Me the Money", In November of 2000, Michelle Renee told police she was kidnapped at her home, along with her 7-year-old daughter Breea and their adult roommate Kimbra, strapped with a fake bomb and forced to take $360,000 from the Bank of America branch she managed in Vista.

Michelle and Breea reside in southern California with their dog Gypsy. Based on a true story, the kidnapping of a bank vp and her daughter, I was immediately drawn to the story (even though the idea scares me to no end). Held Hostage: The True Story of a Mother and Daughter's Kidnapping, 2006, 291 pages, Michelle Renee, 0425213013, 9780425213018, Berkley Books, 2006 Renee makes her nightmare come to life with details that allow the reader to feel that the reader is right there with Renee and her daughter. May you and your daughter continue helping others! sentences, while another suspect was acquitted after a judge threw out

Renee, along with her daughter were kidnapped, in which she was put into situations in which her decisions became crucial matter in survival. Michelle and Breea’s story will air on CBS 48 Hours this fall and Michelle is working on her next book, Hostage No More: How to Go From Breakdown to Breakthrough. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Michelle Renee is an award-winning author, speaker, consultant and inner bliss expert. I knew I would not be giving this story a 5 star rating when I had only read a few chapters in and already finish the whole "hostage" part of the story. in the robbery. The novel is written in chronological order, making the novel easier to understand when and where the novel took place. Turning her bad experience into something that is making a difference for others is truly heroic.

Held Hostage by Michelle Renee is a novel based on a true story. Man researches time travel after fiancée found dead, Vandals spray paint "MAGA" and "TRUMP" on Jewish headstones, There were more mass shootings than days in 2019, September 6, 2012 - Bank of America Heist: Calif. bank manager kidnapped, strapped to bomb and used in robbery, police say.

Today Michelle and her daughter Breea are family advocates for the National Child Traumatic Stress Network and Children's Hospital Chadwick Center for Children and Families in San Diego. “It was important to depict not only the violent kidnapping and brutal judicial process for victim/witnesses, but also posttrauma, recovery, inner-strength and how critical treatment is in a very real, sensitive, and honest way in the film." After robbing the bank in order to survive she and her daughter had to endure an even worse nightmare than b.

Be in the know.

Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published HELD HOSTAGE: The True Story of a Mother and Daughter’s Kidnapping (Berkley; December 5, 2006) by Michelle Renee with Andrea Cagan is the incredible true story of a mother’s daring bank heist, executed to save her daughter from a deadly fate. Add AuthorsDen to your Site I think the real heart of the story was lost when the author ventured off onto other topics of her personal recoveries that didn't necessarily connect to the kidnapping and robbery.

In November of 2000, Michelle Renee told police she was kidnapped at her home, along with her 7-year-old daughter Breea and their adult roommate Kimbra, strapped with a …

I found the writing repetitious and also felt that their wasn't very much cohesion to the story. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves suspense! Member Since: Jan, 2007 Michelle’s debut book, Held Hostage: The True Story of a Mother and Daughter's Kidnapping, will be premiering as a movie, “Held Hostage,” on the Lifetime Movie Network, scheduled for July 19, 2009. Her debut book, Held Hostage, about her life and devastating kidnapping, will premier as a Lifetime Movie Network original movie on July 19, 2009. $94.25: $2.53: Paperback $38.14 2 Used from …

I found the writing repetitious and also felt that their wasn't very much cohesion to the story itself - as though to much was trying to be added just to fill pages.

Awful stuff, unhappy life, story seemed to go on longer than necessary.

Held Hostage by Michelle Renee is a novel based on a true story.

Refresh and try again. She is also what some call an entrepreneur. Share AD with your friends |

Authorities haven't said how the bank manager was targeted by the robbers. | Well written, thought provoking book.

© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This novel is about the suffrage her daughter and herself went through.

Investigators are trying to determine if there were any video surveillance cameras that captured the incident. Mike Parker.

To see what your friends thought of this book, Held Hostage by Michelle Renee is a novel based on a true story.

Start by marking “Held Hostage: The True Story of a Mother and Daughter's Kidnapping” as Want to Read: Error rating book. After robbing the bank in order to survive she and her daughter had to endure an even worse nightmare than before. This novel is about the suffrage her daughter and herself went through.

Her life was shattered at age 35 when Michelle and her 7 year-old daughter were kidnapped, held hostage, taped with exploives and after 14 hours, Michelle was forced to rob the bank she managed to save their lives. | She delivers her dynamic and inspirational dreamBIG message around the world. I liked it, but I think it talked alot more about her past than the actual violent crime she was a victim of. The FBI tells CBS Los Angeles that it is looking into similarities between the two bank robberies involving kidnapped bank managers and what were both revealed to be inert bombs. Michelle climbed up from abused runaway, at times homeless, teen to becoming a bank executive winning awards for her positions as Regional Sales Manager and AVP/Branch Manager. / CBS News.

Renee told the station that she sympathizes with the Los Angeles branch manager, recalling the fear, police interrogations and endless questions that characterized her own case. Be the first to ask a question about Held Hostage. Michelle's sophomore book, Hostage No More: From Breakdown to Breaking Through the "R"oadblocks to Success coming soon!

Michelle Renee is an award-winning author, speaker, breakthrough coach and inner bliss expert. The purpose of this novel was to inform the readers of her story and to prove that when it truly matters our survival instincts take over. Insightful and terrifying look into violent crime and our justice system. Renee is faced with a difficult choice, Renee must rob the bank she manages or be blown to pieces by her captor. Michelle Renee is an award-winning author, speaker, breakthrough coach and inner bliss expert. …

The author, Michelle Renee really grabbed my attention with suspenseful scenes. September 10, 2012 / 3:14 PM Michelle Renee kept on dreaming big and with resiliency, inner strength, courage and optimism became the 2008 MSN Hometown Hero for her work with survivors of violence, abuse and trauma; an award-winning published author; international speaker; owner of dreamBIG® Consulting; and Founder of Women Who dreamBIG®. Need Help? It's an excellent book vividly described. This novel is about the suffrage her daughter and herself went through. Being at peace with what happened is what will really help you go through. But if you ask Michelle if she is an Entreprenuer, she will tell you that she is simply one of the biggest dreamers, living what she calls her dreamBIG life, you will ever meet. Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved.

In November of 2000 Michelle Ramskill-Estey (now known as Michelle Renee) was playing video games with her 7-year-old daughter Breea when 3 armed men broke into their California home and held them both hostage.

There are no discussion topics on this book yet.

The only thing I did not like about this book was when I turned to the last page bringing what I felt was my own journey to a close.

Bank of America when it opened Wednesday morning, but no one was injured

But unfortunately the story I was hoping for and the story that I got were very different. Although Renee was never formally accused in the robbery of her own bank, police investigated the possibility that she was involved. Law enforcement sources, who were not named, told the Los Angeles Times that the similarity between last week's case and the 2000 robbery is only one of several potential leads or angles they are pursuing.

She left me gripping my book and anxious.  Save

I applaud the author for sharing such a tragic experience and even more so for the good that she has done since. A lot of information in this book could have been left out.

(CBS/AP/KCBS) LOS ANGELES - A California bank heist last Wednesday in which a Bank of America manager says she was told to strap what she believed was a bomb to her midsection and forced to order employees to "take out all the money" from her branch bears a striking resemblance to another bank robbery over a decade ago - a resemblance authorities are investigating. More on CrimesiderSeptember 6, 2012 - Bank of America Heist: Calif. bank manager kidnapped, strapped to bomb and used in robbery, police say, First published on September 10, 2012 / 3:14 PM. The true-crime shocker no one would believe-if it hadn't really happened. The Theme of this novel is that sometimes in life one must sacrifice a little to receive the bigger and better outcome. She arrived at her workplace wearing the device. Her debut book, Held Hostage, about her life and devastating kidnapping, will premier as a Lifetime Movie Network original movie on July 19, 2009.

She and her daughter are among the survivor families showcased on La Rabida Children’s Hospital Chicago Child Trauma Center’s “Survivor Wall”, along side Maya Angelou and Oprah Winfrey, and have been on numerous national and international television networks, and featured in magazine articles around the world. The book was actually very little about the crime with even less about their lives before hand and so much more about the trial, and the aftermath of their ordeal. Bodycam footage released in police shooting of Walter Wallace, Jr. Did a love triangle ultimatum lead to murder? About us. Live Updates: Biden projected to win Wisconsin and Michigan, Biden: "We believe we will be the winners" when counting is done, Trump sues over ballot counting in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan secretary of state calls Trump lawsuit "frivolous", Here's what would happen during a recount in Wisconsin, Latino vote "can't be ignored" after Trump's projected win in Florida, Democrats' path to Senate leadership looks increasingly unlikely, Prominent Republicans condemn Trump's false victory claim, 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden projected to win Wisconsin and Michigan, The races that could determine who controls the Senate, The pivotal post-Election Day dates you need to know, Mitch McConnell wins reelection in Kentucky, Sarah McBride becomes first transgender state senator, Lindsey Graham wins reelection, CBS News projects, QAnon supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene wins House seat, Ocasio-Cortez projected to win second term in House.