Effie sings the showstopping number 'And I'm Telling You That I'm Not Going', in which she pours out her agony. So when the new movie, Dreamgirls - a thinly disguised version of The Supremes' story - opens in Britain this week, cinemas are expected to be packed.

"She bought fur coats for her friends and took them on holidays to Barbados. If she sent checks to children...some adult had to be in charge of the funds. Maxine recalls the terrible rows, the drinking and the chaos that eventually saw Florence sacked by her friends.

TV networks cut away from Trump as he tests the boundaries of American democracy by questioning the entire election with extraordinary speech that claims conspiracy against him by big tech, big money, the media, pollsters and Democrats, Biden pleads with America to 'be patient and calm' in wait for election results and says he has 'no doubt' that he has beaten Trump, Nevada gonna give you up! The hits began to roll in, starting with Where Did Our Love Go. But then he betrayed her.". Best of the memes mocking election fiasco, 'The issue we have in Georgia is it's close': Ballot official attempts to explain result delay and says state is down to its last 47,227 votes as Trump's tight lead HALVES in 24 hours to just 9,000, Hurry up already! Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. Despite the many inaccuracies, Maxine believes Florence would have enjoyed the film - precisely because it expresses her own most dearly-held dream. "If I'd known how it was going to end with Florence, maybe I would have taken more time with her, fought her more, even though she didn't want my help. Cinema-goers will warm to the final scene, which shows a moving reconciliation between Flo and the other girls.

And what woman's heart wouldn't melt? Has anyone heard anything about or seen Florence Ballard's three children, the twins Nicole and Michelle, and their younger sister Lisa.

"We used to fly around the projects as if we owned them," Maxine says.

She maintained that all was well between her and the other girls and claimed that stories about hair-pulling fights with Ross were wrong. If Diane set up a trust fund of 10,000 dollars for each girl...and when they became of age...the trust fund wasn't there...then what happened to it? Not to mention, it did not sound like Flo & her husband had a stable life. For a while, they were happy, and they had three children together - twins Nicole and Michelle born in 1968 and Lisa in 1972. She said: "I ain't playing second fiddle to Miss Ross. When you know better...you do better. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, But Flo, whose strong gospel voice had been praised since childhood, resented the fact that, in theory, she had the better, more powerful sound. This is very sad .I also agree with Queenie in a certain aspect of things ,although i dont know the situation through and through..these, Yeah, so what man wouldn't beg if he could do it with David Ruffin's raspy tenor? BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump claims 'if you look at the legal votes I WON, if you count the illegal votes... Biden pleads with America to 'be patient and calm' in wait for election results and says he has 'no doubt'... Nevada gonna give you up! The final phone call in early 76 was covered by the OP above.

I just read on SDF that one of the daughters had brain surgery several years ago and her son is disabled. Did Diane renege or did the guardians steal the money? Didn't this scenario happened to David when his mother died, being bounced from one relative to another? The film seeks to explain this by revealing that Effie is pregnant. The alcohol compounded the weight problem, which was easily visible to the audiences. "He raped her. It would be nice if these young ladies' lives were better, got themselves educated and got a good job. "Diane was aggressive," explains Maxine. When these girls were babies, they were exposed in a very public manner by their celebrity mother's poor circumstances.

", She felt it was treachery. In 1963, Ross was appointed lead singer in her place, with Gordy believing that Diane's higher register and softer, more commercial sound, would play better with white audiences. But hell, good jobs don't really exist today unless you have a ton of degrees. She was always in a hurry to get where she was going.". Flo hid deep-rooted demons and almost from the start there was an unspoken rivalry with Ross, who was always the most ambitious of the three. Florence Ballard was out of The Supremes and the name of the group would change to Diana Ross & The Supremes as Berry finally put his plan in motion to make Diana Ross the superstar diva she eventually became. She would think about the other Supremes, start drinking and then cry. Please Login or Register. "My sister was very generous in the good times," says Maxine. But with the memory of Flo's contribution already on the wane and a very different version of the past now playing to huge movie audiences, she says it is up to her to tell her sister's story as it really was. How were those girls really treated by the family members who raised them? I didn't want to be in the group but Flo, who knew that Mary Wilson and Diane Ross wanted to sing, asked them to join her and they became The Primettes. Diane was so happy that Flo asked her. The twins would be 48 years old and Lisa would be 45 years old. For what the film doesn't show is that the real Florence Ballard died in poverty, aged 32, from an alcohol-related illness. Hell if you watch Maury, Jerry,and Montell all day long you not get a red naked dime... and that is my IMO! But she reveals one terrible episode that may help explain the problems that cast such a dark shadow over her pop career: when Flo was 16, she was raped. For instance, her figure was always on the generous side, a contrast with the svelte Ross, who even took to padding her bottom to give her extra curves. "My sister had arguments with the rest of the group about the clothes they wore, the shoes, but I don't think she ever felt they would kick her out of the group," says Maxine. Pennsylvania says it may have its election result TODAY that could put us out of our misery and end this ridiculous wait for America's next President, Ice Cube complains people are 'mad' at him for working with Trump and claims he got the president to 'commit to investing $500BN in the black community' - but fans hit back 'you got played', Team of independent, international election observers say they found zero evidence of fraud or voter manipulation, as Trump files a slew of lawsuits, PIERS MORGAN: Nobody's stealing the election Mr President, so stop stoking the fires of civil war, let the votes be counted, and if it turns out you've lost, go gracefully, and put democracy before your bruised ego, Now control of the Senate is poised to be a January nail-biter as BOTH Georgia seats head for runoffs - with GOP's David Perdue under the 50% all-out win margin by just 140 votes, Donald Trump's campaign launches furious attack on Fox News decision desk boss who called Arizona for Joe Biden for being an Obama donor and Clinton supporter, Facebook removes pro-Trump 'Stop the Steal' group over 'worrying calls for violence' after membership exploded to more than 365K members in a single day, 'Voters are rejecting reality for a reality show': Biden-backing scientists complain in respected journal Nature that election result is 'horrific' and they 'have failed to communicate importance of truth to the general population', Trump leads Biden in North Carolina by 1.2% with 94% of the votes counted - but election officials say the results will not be known for another WEEK, Moment foul-mouthed female anti-Trump protester, 24, is arrested in NYC for spitting in cop's face and screaming 'f*** you fascist', US stocks jump with the Dow rising nearly 600 points and the S&P 500 rallying towards biggest weekly jump since April as election hangs in the balance, At least 10 people are infected and 48 others have been forced to quarantine after a COVID-19 cluster is traced back to an early voting site in the Hamptons, How tragedy shaped the man poised to be President: After a life dogged by family trauma and political failure, Joe Biden - a used car salesman's son from Pennsylvania - closes in on the White House, 'Chill Donald, chill!