However, for melonDS, you need a Firmware Dump from an iQue DS, otherwise it will replicate the region lock. It's performance has imoroved significantly as well I think. Although if you haven't tried it in a long while, you might try the new openGL 3.2 renderer on it, resolved a bunch of rendering issues for me. Use a hex editor to change the byte located at 0x1D from value 80 to 00. So far, no emulator has been able to emulate this feature, nor have attempted to, and considering that the GBA/GCN connectivity on Dolphin has yet to achieve full functionality (and a lack of interesting titles that uses it), hints that this feature won't be emulated for a while. Which one is superior and why? In fact, melonDS runs at the same speed on my computer regardless of whether it's at native resolution or at 8x internal resolution! Desmume vs MelonDS. Neither of them pass the aging cart test.

Safe to say that No$GBA is still the best emulator performance-wise, melonDS on the second spot, but for how much DeSmuMe improved in recent years I consider it to be my personal favorite.

Not sure, maybe. But it works now if that still matters. The thing is, 3D DS games are notorious for the frame drops. Posted by 3 days ago. Which one is superior and why? Emulators differ in their behavior to this region lock. DeSmuME VS melonDS Compare DeSmuME VS melonDS and see what are their differences. No other DS games have this mechanism; not even for Korean releases. This reminds me of mgba, actually.

I've had a taste what the lead developer is like on GitHub and I can confidently say that any criticism towards him amongst visitors of r/emulation is justified. I look forward to seeing the progress of melonDS. Cookies help us deliver our Services. - RetroArch is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players. That of course also has the effect that the graphics in melonDS don't look as good as in DeSmuME because it's closer to how it actually is on the DS. Ultimate Mortal Kombat suffers from flickering and slowdown due to the way it loads sprites, though it isn't as serious in DraStic.

The player with the physical cartridge will host the game while the other players connects using a "downloaded" version received from the host.

I will be honest I prefer Desmume 10 times more than No$Gba and I used both for a long time. It's unknown if No$GBA supports this, but it can be done in DeSmuME by going to Config > Slot 2 (GBA Slot) and selecting GBA Cartridge. A popular game that used this feature was Mario Kart DS. I recently re-played SotC on my PS2, and i didn't remember that game to be so laggy on real hardware during the battles (i'm using the DVD drive btw). Has active development on it stopped? Even so, many games that have CPU timing issues in DeSmuME already work flawlessly on MelonDS. 61 comments. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Pages: 1. iQue is Nintendo's Chinese subsidiary (previously a partnership between them and Wei Yen until 2013), so when they released the DS with a few localized games, their ROMs had special flags set in them to check if the hardware that ran the cartridge was iQue's or Nintendo's as a sort of region lock. So Black & White cannot gain EXP glitch is due to Desmume? It was pretty similar to how DeSmuME did it back then: providing a basic emulated access point to connect to, then forwarding outgoing traffic via libpcap.

Index

I used Desmume once and framerate was terrible, even though it says it is running at 100%. I've used DeSMuMe for a while, so I don't really know of any others. CPU timings are probably in the same area as DeSmuME tho. Nah. i played it on desmume and i'm planning to transfer the save files to melonds but it's not working, i transfer my old pokemon black and white from my ds to melonds and it worked, but not from desmume, can anyone help? Atom topic feed.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. I can confidently say fuck those guys. That of course also has the effect that the graphics in melonDS don't look as good as in DeSmuME because it's closer to how it actually is on the DS. Topic closed  #1 2018-02-15 05:02:30. jairolas Member Registered: 2018-02-15 Posts: 1. Topic closed.

Then I read reviews about the game and they complained the framerate was terrible even on the original hardware. Is the save file in the exact same place as your rom file?

What is the best now in 2020? mDS. I remember a crack group called Melon Dezign back in my Amiga days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon_Dezign. Even some of the supporting developers are like this. DeSmuME is only as accurate as it needs to be to get games working. Regardless, melonDS gets further than DeSmuME. Understandable. I know that MelonDS's 2D rendering is almost pixel perfect, but how does emulation of other areas/features compare to DeSmuME? Gen 4 Pokemon games sometimes seen to run sub-30 fps on the overworld on real hardware, so in the emulator would be the same. IT is great news to see another emulator emerge, especially for DS. VERY good thing.

save hide report. Yeah. Yeah there has been a few emulators, but they are lacking compared to today's standards if you ask me.

Nintendo’s dual screen console can be played on your computer using DeSmuME, with both screens simulated on your computer monitor.

As far as I know all you have to do is give the .sav file the same name as the .nds file. - nds4droid is a free, open source Nintendo DS emulator written for Android smartphones. Your mouse is used as a stylus for the touch input. The performance improved massively on anything that isn't a Pentium Dual-core, and the upscaling looks great. Index » General » Desmume vs MelonDS; Board footer. DeSmuME is a freeware emulator for the NDS roms & Nintendo DS Lite games created by YopYop156. Yes. No$GBA is able to connect, but fails before the actual connection is finished. Is this the emulator that was sabotaged just so that Pokémon fans can't play pokemon black? Tested emulators: melonDS (0.2 and 0.3), medusa (Alpha 2) & GBE+ (1.1) … Certain games, such as American Girl titles (e.g. The Nintendo DS (NDS) is a handheld console produced by Nintendo on November 21, 2004 and had 2 ARM CPUs (ARM9 and ARM7) with 4MB of RAM. I like it since it has a similar theme to Citra. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's weird.

Offline.

Same thing happened with Project64 and few Nintendo 64 games, and SOTC and PCSX2, the problem were not the emulators themselves, but the systems they emulate. Topic closed. Even on real hardware they happen a lot. DeSmuME is a freeware emulator for the NDS roms & Nintendo DS Lite games created by YopYop156. Comparisons of several Nintendo DS emulators: The major challenge with emulating multiplayer functionalities is timing inaccuracies, which have made many projects, such as DeSmuME, not want to implement them. maybe DeSmuME even beats it when advanced bus-level timings are enabled. If you followed the melonDS history, you know that a while back, support for internet connectivity was added. The only way the ROM will accept other hardware (and thus emulators) is with a hack, involving a simple byte change. If they can do this I'll be chairing them on and pay whatever they want. It computes da' fruits.

Either drag-and-drop the GBA ROM onto the program before starting or open the file before loading the NDS file. Other issues . hey, im new with this emulator, i've been playing pokemon black 2 recently (took me long enough to know about emulator and play one). turns out that in this scene where the chief resource is 1000s of hours of developers' spare time, the users who are most obnoxious get the least. A Nintendo DS emulator with support for commercial games. DeSmuME VS MelonDS? Also why melonDS as a name, out of curiousity? Maybe that's just that there no longer an audio crackle if it drops in frames though, just a slow down of the audio. This region lock is bypassed by the 3DS for these DS games, even though 3DS games have their own region lock. It is the only console to have come close to the PlayStation 2 in lifetime sales (154.02 million units), as a result of attracting a large amount of casual players, and even non-gamers, into the gaming community.

However, for melonDS, you need a Firmware Dump from an iQue DS, otherwise it will replicate the region lock. Why don’t we just simply emulate a super fast computer, instead of using actual fast procesors? » Desmume vs MelonDS; Pages: 1. I just want a ds emulator that supports download play and online multiplayer.

nds4droid simple and your first stop when researching for a new service to help you grow your business. A HW Renderer is a must for any emulator of a console that has 3D graphics of any kind, specially if you want 2x, 4x etc resolution. In most cases it's better to use multi-cart instead, however there are some games, like Mario Party DS, that requires Download Play in order to use its multiplayer. (2048KB of memory used). For example, how are they different and which one is better.

The fix would be later incorporated in other emulators.

Are there any better ones? Nintendo's own hardware would fail this check, throwing an "Only for iQue DS" error in white text on a black background. Quite impressive how this emulator didn't exist just a few weeks ago and it can already boot commercial titles, nice to see a new DS emulator emerge on PC.

But I know it is by far the worst of the 3 for pokemon emulation (plat has crazy graphical artifacts/glitches). There was a third-party DeSmuME forks that successfully emulated WFC but has quite a bit of requirement (Ethernet cable, though this can be circumvented with external software). Maybe he used an open source project as a base? Download Play is supported by melonDS. Then I read reviews about the game and they complained the framerate was terrible even on the original hardware.