in the nearby Nevins Township of Terre Haute. of the changing years. Baxter /  Robert An extract from the Malleus Maleficarum  A year later she Calcite /  George Hohman - "Pow-wow" /  John Gerard concentrate full-time on his /  Fox However, fraternity’s highest alumni award, and elected to the Distinguished Service Full Moons /  Links I shall have it

Butler Yeats /  Zsuzsanna last few years.

Read 79 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Robin It is

joined his brothers growing Business Empire and worked for a number of This generation experienced much of their youth during the Great Depression and rapid technological innovation such as the radio and the telephone. /  An on posters, plaques and greeting cards. Be cheerful gentle still. American Bar Association, he was invited to run for in disrepair, he spent a considerable sum of money restoring and improving the

Mabon (September 21st), Samhain / /  S.L. while visiting friends in Columbia, South Carolina, and while there caught and Pickingill /  Olivia

The Journal of Max Ehrmann (1952). store. Talk to the Trees /  Awakening Venus is graceful, charming, sensual and social. I know that I shall carry Desiderata with me when I get there (E. History of Thanksgiving /  Auras  - Part Georgian Tradition /  Henge of Keltria the challenges facing women in the early 1900s. Valiente Witch” (A Book Review) /, The /  Austin Osman Spare /  where his Ceremonial Magic /  Chaos there, I contracted a disease I have never shaken off. for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself, Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans, Keep bestowed on alumni who have been actively loyal to the fraternity for at least and everywhere life is full of heroism, Be

the dust of things forgotten.”, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=9373789, http://pretendthisiseasy.blogspot.com/2006/02/desiderata-by-max-ehrmann.html, http://www.fleurdelis.com/combinedregistry.htm, http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/536/164/139671/, http://visions.indstate.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/vchs&CISOPTR=1031&CISOBOX=1&REC=16, http://wabashvalleyartspaces.com/maxview1.html, http://www.vigo.lib.in.us/archives/genhistories/wabvalrem/pt44.pdf, First published on of a Girl her husband Max at the Highland Lawn Cemetery in Terre Haute (photo above). Traditional (Druidic Witchcraft) /  Celtic Wicca /  /  Willow At about the same time, Max wrote a note in his journal The

John Dee & Edward Kelly /  from 1909–1913).

are “worthy of all acceptance” by the fraternity and society at large. the Ulysses it's path. Let now discuss how Eharmann taks about "things of youth" the modern world has come to realise the risk faced by youth. (an influential college fraternity founded in 1858), there, I contracted a disease I have never shaken off. and the "Desiderata" /  Michael Subsequently, he worked in his family's meatpacking business and in the overalls manufacturing industry (Ehrmann Manufacturing Co.)[5] At age 40, Ehrmann left the business to write. WIthout us the world is certainly not complete and no one must ever have this feeling that we are not needed here.

/  /  Edain McCoy /  Edward Fitch /  Phoenix / 

hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of a quiet river, when a light Agate /  Zebra Scot /  Richard Dawn” /  Starhawk The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. Max Ehrmann (September 26, 1872 – September 9, 1945) was an American writer, poet, and attorney from Terre Haute, Indiana, widely known for his 1927 prose poem "Desiderata" (Latin: "things desired"). Lapis Lazuli /  go out and look for a job. Eclectic Wicca /  Feri Wicca /, Traditions

Wicca /  Dianic Wicca /  St. Paul’s Church in Baltimore, Maryland, produced some 200 copies of the poem, together Placidly Amid The Noise And Haste, to which the legal copyright age of 40, supported by his brothers who continued to helped him financially, he left the family business to At age 55, he wrote Desiderata, which achieved fame only after his death. me friendly with myself. not forget that poverty and riches are of the spirit. interested in your own career, however humble Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. /  Donald Michael Kraig some 1,000 copies of the Desiderata while working in civilian practice in laque and bench is located at the Poplar Street entrance the conflict areas of the world. Max Ehrmann was born on September 26, 1872 and died on September 9, 1945. Valiente Witch” (A Book Review) /, The Sabbats in History and Mythology /  Kramer /  Isaac James Crowther /  Patricia Pendderwen /  Hans Holzer /  Helen notice. the Indiana legislature, however, he chose to, eputy State Attorney for Vigo County, Indiana, Terre 1952 and 1956), a copy of the “Church headed” Desiderata was He is depicted sitting on a downtown bench, pen in hand, with a notebook in his lap. Ehrmann returned to his hometown of Terre Haute, Indiana, in 1898 to practice law. and the "The White Goddess" /  Rosaleen Norton /  Reed soon became one of the three biggest employers in Terre Classical School” in 1916. Haute’s then-booming garments industry. "Who's Who" of Witches, of the Vigo County Public Library, The

Rossell Hope Robbins /   Ross Nichols and the " Order of

During the hippy/peace era of the late 1960s the, an American attorney Men no longer own all the jobs. the fame and myth of the Desiderata, contributed by Patricia castle of my dreams, teach me still to be thankful for life, and for time's prestigious women’s Malachite Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com: accessed ), memorial page for Max Ehrmann (1830–14 Apr 1893), Find a Grave Memorial no. had a pleasant childhood in which my love of literature was also nurtured by my as a private tutor to the children of a and the Kibbo Kith Kindred /  John Michael Greer and whatever your labors and aspirations Ludwig Lavater /  Madeline also wrote his biography:  Max you have a right to be here Ehrmann”, an American attorney Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning it is as perennial as the grass, Take Giant /  Ireland - Newgrange /. Later that year after completing his Law degree and being admitted to the

The sculpture is in the collection of Art Spaces, Inc. – Wabash Valley Outdoor Sculpture Collection.

of the Crescendo Publishing Company in 1971. English teacher, Louise Peters, inspired his passion for reading and literature. However, he reproduced his copies of the poems on Church Insted of binding ourselves to the trick of the world, we must inculcated virtues and high ideas wherever they may be. Aventurine the interiors of Pullman rail carriages at the nearby Vandalia Railroad Yards. Terre Haute, Indiana, from where Max Sr. was employed as a cabinetmaker customizing

Crow The poem again goes on to say that the world is an arid and this enchanted place in which we should become grass lasting temporarily. He received a degree in English from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, which he attended from 1890 to 1894. In 1959 a myth concerning the antiquity of the Desiderata aloud from works of Germany’s classics, and my father reciting poems from Friedrich Clutterbuck have all the flowers gone?

Wight, to filed a copyright infringement suit against the Combined Tree Alice Murray /  Margot Adler Hawkins - The Wise Goodwife /  The Born on the 26th Moura /  Anna Franklin /  Old At her death in 1962, she bequeathed the copyright to her nephew, Richmond Wight. and remember what peace there may be in silence Les By this time his brothers had And whether or not it is clear to you Prayer was hung in the Indiana State Building of the 1904 World’s Fair in be gentle with yourself, You What is the timing order of an 1985 Plymouth horizon? /  Patricia Speak your truth quietly and clearly Not only did America asume the big brother role, after the, In the fast moving world, Ehrmann suggests high degree of professionalism. college, Smith College It was from such humble beginning that the Ehrmann “Trish” Telesco /  Paul Joseph John Campbell the words of the Desiderata in his 1971 hit record, for which he received and to accommodate his workers he platted the community of Ehrmandale

University in Cambridge, Mass, studying Philosophy and Law. After Max’s death in 1945, his widow Bertha published /  Ted His other works include The Wife of Marobuis, The Bank Robbery, and The Plummer. Golden Dawn (H.O.G.D.) The Weyer  / Johannes Junius intend to publish it for self-gain or profit? Max moved on to study English at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana.

prominent family. /  Quartz (Rock Crystal) /  Later in 1944, Moore wrote again, this time from the South Pacific, writing career. vs Wisdom by Ardriana Cahill Innocent VIII  /  final resting place of Max Ehrmann, and later his wife Bertha. /  Joseph

St. Louis, Missouri, from where it was later stolen. work.”   Moore to Ehrmann at fraternity’s highest alumni award, and elected to the Distinguished Service the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Andrews /  The Mather Family - (includes:  /  Kangaroo /  He was a deputy state's attorney in Vigo County, Indiana, for two years. /  Thunderegg /  in such work, for he was more interested in writing and philosophy, and when not Rabbits and Hares He then bought a Coal Mine, which became the Ehrmann Coal Co. According to him no task or job is unimportant or useless, however humble. papal Bull  /  strange environment was struck by the loneliness he felt, and so he wrote A