... MARTHA RAYE-Before/After. Holy Moley, was a lot of extensive work recommended. Raye was married for the last time in 1991. Wish one wrote a tell all book ala Sylvia of Hollywood. Bonoff was accustomed to receiving lots of space on the Journal entertainment pages, which was one reason my relationship with him got off to a rocky start. Man caught walking stuffed dog after curfew in Czech Republic.

While in Vietnam she would assist those in combat hospitals instead of performing because she was a LPN. by Richard Finegan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 am, Unread post by Frederica » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 am, Unread post She was married to make-up artist Hamilton "Buddy" Westmore from May 30, 1937, until September 1937, filing for divorce on the basis of extreme cruelty; to composer-conductor David Rose from October 8, 1938 to May 19, 1941; to Neal Lang from May 25, 1941 to February 3, 1944; to Nick Condos from February 22, 1944 to June 17, 1953; to Edward T. Begley from April 21, 1954 to October 6, 1956; to Robert O'Shea from November 7, 1956 to December 1, 1960; and to Mark Harris from September 25, 1991 until her death in 1994. The way the interview had been dropped in my lap, plus the lack of information available at the time about Raye, plus my own dislike for her style of entertainment and a decided lack of professionalism on my part produced one of the shortest phone calls I ever had from an entertainer. And there was no fluoride in the drinking water to prevent decay.

She also acted as emcee for the club's entertainment, which included a mix of top notch musical performers and young, scantily clad dancing girls.

Words like dynamic and electric don’t adequately describe the possessed emotional pitch with which this pint sized redhead from Hawaii (she looks a little like Harpo Marx with carrot colored fuzzed up mop of hair) screams and rants through a two-hour show. Martha Raye, the charismatic comedian with the oversized mouth, polished pratfalls and mimicking manner, died Wednesday in Los Angeles. In appreciation of her work with the USO during World War II and subsequent wars, special consideration was given to bury her in Arlington National Cemetery on her death. Vets tribute to Colonel Maggie with veteran pictures and stories.

by entredeuxguerres » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 pm, Unread post Politically, Raye was conservative, affirming her political views by informing an interviewer in 1984, "I am a Republican because I believe in the constitution, strength in national defense, limited government, individual freedom, and personal responsibility as the concrete foundation for American government.