} (Irwin Thompson / Staff Photographer), 10/11Dallas County's Interim Sheriff Marian Brown, right, gets a hug from bailiff Jerry Christenson, right, after the swearing-in at midnight in the Central Jury Room at the Frank Crowley Courthouse on Jan. 01, 2018. border-radius: 50%; Marian Brown has not yet completed Ballotpedia's 2020 Candidate Connection survey. In July 2018 she returned home to the Dallas area and became editor of the Richardson edition. Follow coverage at www.communityimpact.com/vote. Refusing Calderon honors meant you were refusing our family honor, you were refusing his brothers and sisters in blue honor.

Public education | display: block; The money was donated by the center’s namesakes, the late George “Robbie” Robinson and his late wife Lynore Robinson. width: 100%; margin: 0px 10px; .widget-row.Democratic { vertical-align: top; Commissioner John Wiley Price said during Brown's swearing-in that her history "speaks for itself.". .race_header, .results_text, .results_table_container, .votebox_legend { Out of the 1,957 respondents, 477 won their election. Marian Brown (Democratic Party) is the Dallas County Sheriff in Texas.Brown assumed office in 2019. background-color: #6db24f; } background-color: #f9f9f9; The honors were not only for Calderon, it was for his family blood and blue. Brown (Democratic Party) is running for re-election for Dallas County Sheriff in Texas.Brown is on the ballot in the general election on November 3, 2020.Brown advanced from the Democratic primary on March 3, 2020.

} Sheriff Marian Brown 133 North Riverfront Boulevard Dallas, Texas 75207. What's on my ballot? We, in public safety, have difficult jobs that come with unique challenges and dangers, coupled with regular life stressors that make it easy for us to become overwhelmed.

Sheriff Marian Brown was sworn in as Sheriff of Dallas County on January 1, 2019.

This number represented 6.9% of all 28,315 candidates Ballotpedia covered in 2018. border-bottom: 1px solid grey;

overflow-x: scroll; .non_result_row th { .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { Brown's current term ends in 2023. However, I have never felt so proud to be his wife. .widget-row.Republican { As law enforcement professionals, we often mask emotion to do our jobs on a day-to-day basis helping people and we forget or ignore that we often need help ourselves.” This is an accurate statement and depiction of the life of law enforcement professionals. Voting in Texas | You stated in an interview “This tragedy has touched each of us in different ways. Earlier, she worked her way up over 26 years with the Duncanville Police Department, from a cop to an assistant chief. margin-right: 10px;

Brown has said her priorities will be learning more about jail issues and focusing on rebuilding trust between the community and the department. (Courtesy Adobe Stock). padding-left: 0; "As she comes forth tonight, I think you will understand that you have a law enforcement officer, someone who may be new to politics but is not new to policing," Price said. Here is what voters should know before heading to the polls. word-wrap: break-word; } PRIVACY POLICY Community Impact Newspaper will post election stories throughout the day Nov. 3 and will start posting results after polls close at 7 p.m. .non_result_row div { Stay up-to-date with the crime and public safety news your neighbors are talking about. .indicate_scroll { jQuery( ".votebox" ).each(function( index ) { She is the county's first black sheriff. .votebox-results-cell--number { z-index:1; It was the saddest day for me. Marian Brown (Democratic Party) is the Dallas County Sheriff in Texas. } I have to live the rest of my life without the love of my life. margin: 8px auto;

Your insensitive attitude towards suicide condones it. Brown's current term ends in 2023. .results_table_container { If this was indeed your personal statement to the media, then where was your empathy, your compassion, your understanding, your love? Was his 18 years of dedicated service not good enough for you? | background-color: #f4f4f4; 66 0 obj <>stream font-size: 12px; font-size: 2em; display: inline-block; if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; Texas elections in 2020 |

.widget-row.heading { Kevin has worked for The Dallas Morning News since 2003, and he has covered federal criminal courts for the past six years. Our recommendation for Dallas County sheriff Democrat Marian Brown faces Republican challenger Chad Prda . .votebox { margin: auto;

.top_disclaimer { h�bbd``b`���@��`� � ����� �'H�c �obi��. Ballotpedia is seeking 100 percent } Incumbents are bolded and underlined. | Updated My husband was human, the officers under your watch are human too, treat them as such. background-color: #ccc; font-size: 12px; My husband’s tragedy is a wake-up call to prove superman is not real. max-height: 580px; Also running for sheriff are two Republican sheriff's deputies: Aaron Meek and Chad Prda. Brown was on the ballot in the general election on November 3, 2020. width: 100% !important; } width: 50px; .votebox-covid-disclaimer { margin-bottom: 1px; } if(scrollHeight > 580 ) { County Courts at Law | If it was documented that my husband was troubled, and I called the department for help, why did you order his fellow officers to stand down?

It becomes a compulsion, and we all should know that a compulsion is not an act of free will. Swearing in of Dallas County Sheriff Marian Brown, prosecutors and investigators in the DA's office. Kevin has been a journalist for 26 years. .results_row td:first-child { color:white; h��W[k[G�+��P�������Z!��v됃��Ȓ�����7�{$��$!P(b4go�3�\v�9!��BI'\J�P�ZIX-���h��W�Ix-���7�Զ��Hm'LPF�zՌ���n�7I��L7�E3:��_�׫�|yC���NG���!M;. position: relative; }

Immigration | As humans, our instinctual basic drive is to preserve and protect our lives. Largest counties |

left: 0px; Either way is a failure of leadership.” I forgive you for the way you treated my family in our time of need. } background-color: #f9d334; padding-left: 10px; padding-bottom: 3px; I wanted to take the opportunity to offer you my condolences for the death of morality within the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department. Ballotpedia features 318,726 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. Kevin earned a BA from Boston University.

background-color: red; .non_result_row { © 2005-2020 Community Impact Newspaper Co. All rights reserved. Are you aware of how devastating it is to lose your husband as well as deal with the confusion and controversy surrounding it? My name is ShaRonda Young Calderon. color: white; Allowing my husband to receive the honors he deserved was not condoning, nor glamorizing suicide. 0

margin-bottom: -2px !important; .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { I ask you, how was this decision deemed best for the department? background-color: #003388; Who fills out Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey? display: table; background-color: grey; } position: absolute; } font-weight: bold; color: #0645ad; } }); endstream endobj startxref traffic. Healthcare | endstream endobj 41 0 obj <>/Metadata 3 0 R/PageLayout/OneColumn/Pages 38 0 R/StructTreeRoot 10 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 42 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Type/Page>> endobj 43 0 obj <>stream Dallas County started the new year with the swearing-in of Marian Brown as the interim sheriff during a midnight ceremony at the Frank Crowley Courts Building on Monday morning. width: 250px; %%EOF Sticky Notes, Digital Advertising, E-Newsletter Sponsorships, TERMS OF SERVICE

overflow-y: hidden; text-align: center; setTimeout(function() { defer() }, 500); } I am the proud wife of the recently fallen Deputy, Homero “Cal” Calderon. To do anything of the latter is a clear indication of unconscious agendas driven by neurochemistry and other biochemistry factors.