Simple stuff like civilian crossovers to detailed replacement of components.

Pictures of vehicles at the factory and before being issued to units.

M151 - M151A1 - M718 - M151A1C - M151A2 - M718A1 - M825. for ease of use, we have added the buttons above to … You can look back 10 years and see information that has turned 180 degrees from what everyone thought then. Plastic spoke steering wheel, "Composite" Turn signals recessed in front fenders, 2 oval holes in back panel for tail lights, Front "A" suspension come off the "frame" at 90 degrees. I am the lead judge for M151 series vehicle for the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association www.mvpa.org ), and have done this for 12 or so conventions.

In 1951, Ford was awarded the contract for building a new line of 4×4 off-roading vehicles. Detailed production data and other information (especially Ford related material) supplied by Jim Gilmore. My goal is to help educate with this site, everyone should be recognized for their contributions.

This site is paid for and built by me as a service to the MUTT lover in all of us. The M38 Jeep was the next model after the World War II variant and it saw some service in the Korean War. Even if your tag is gone you should have two holes in the frame where the tag was affixed. Lastly, this is a fun hobby so enjoy your vehicles. Second, If you wish to contribute information please send it to me. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands ... Jeep Trailer M416 NOS Body Wiring Harness M151A2 Jeep. Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know. Please join your local club and especially the Military Vehicle Preservation Association www.mvpa.org . this catalog page will let you view all of our m998-m37-m715-m151-m38 parts in no particular order. Teach both young and old about the lives of the US soldier, and the tools they used to keep the world and this country free. Collectability: ★★★★☆Rarity: ★☆☆☆☆Restored Value: $25,000 – $35,000+. Tell us about your vehicle to find the right parts faster, 3 product ratings - Military Jeep Willys M38 M151 Dodge M37 M43 truck head light switch NOS. Best of all, it could be dropped right onto the battlefield by a Chinook.

It boasts a length of just over 11 feet, a width of 5 feet 4 inches, and an 85-inch wheel base. Wire spoke steering wheel, Turn signals on front fenders, 3 round holes in back panel for tail lights (hole/light for blackout light above passenger taillight), Both front and rear "A" suspension come off the "frame" at 90 degrees, pivot points are in line with the "frame". Privately owned M151s, Restored or nice originals. Like other military vehicles, the M151 MUTT was easily convertible with a removable canopy top (which included optional doors), but unique in its removable windshield.

Well here your options. $14.00 shipping. The result was that the M151 earned a reputation for being prone to vehicle rollovers, especially when soldiers were trying to get somewhere in a hurry. I have amassed tons of information over the years on the M151 series vehicles, so now it is time to share the wealth so to speak. Second, If you wish to contribute information please send it to me. Surplus dealers. This site is being built to fill a giant void in the research on M151 series vehicles.

The M151 entered mass production in 1960 and was designated as Uncle Sam’s new Jeep, so the MUTT was bound to end up in Vietnam.

PS Magazine articles are in this section. This site has 100's of hours into it (at its implementation), and I know it is still nowhere near "complete". Please understand I am trying to add as much quality information as possible. The M151A2 FAV – The M151A2 Fat Assault Vehicle was built with a heavy weapons mount and could be mounted with M2 Browning .50 caliber heavy machine guns, M60 light machine guns, a Mark 19 Automatic Grenade Launcher, and a TOW anti-tank system. Lastly, this is a fun hobby so enjoy your vehicles. Both front and rear "A" suspension come off the "frame" at 90 degrees, pivot points are in line with the "frame". Like other vehicles in the U.S. military from the 60s to the 80s, the M151 MUTT was deployed for use in Vietnam and Grenada. Complete vehicles too. View cart for details. The M151 Military Utility Transport Truck was adapted into several highly effective variations that changed ground warfare. It was the next generation of the Jeep and was put to tasks unique to that generation. Something went wrong. Still have Vietnam era photos but not in Vietnam. With greater off-roading capabilities, the M151 could take more men and more cargo to more places where they were badly needed. M151s In Vietnam and before. The M151 Retires The M151 entered mass production in 1960 and was designated as Uncle Sam’s new Jeep, so the MUTT was bound to end up in Vietnam. I have no desire to "steal" or take credit for anyone else's submission. The suspension was revised for the M151A1, which debuted in 1964, and once again for safer high-speed turns with 1970’s M151A2. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. The M151 is the product of research and development that began at the end of World War II. If it was a test bed but never made it to production it is in here. All the different places to find the data on your jeep. From there I have owned just about every model US military vehicle made since WWII. The Korean War had not been over by Christmas as MacArthur promised, so the Army decided to just make an all-new vehicle that didn’t have the same problems as the Jeep.