The band toured both the U.S. and Europe that Summer and Autumn, with Cook's song a part of the live set. The speedy "Travelin' Band", with a strong Little Richard sound, however, bore enough similarities to "Good Golly, Miss Molly" to warrant a lawsuit by the song's publisher; it was eventually settled out of court. And I said I'm very much against my song being used to sell pants. At a 1987 Independence Day benefit concert for Vietnam veterans, Fogerty finally ran through the list of CCR hits, beginning with "Born on the Bayou" and ending with "Proud Mary". 's, with whom the members of the band had jammed. That was after the Beatles split, but still.

[31] Zaentz also used his wealth to produce a number of successful films, including Best Picture Oscar winners One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Amadeus, and The English Patient. Some of the lyrics are about being born. On November 16, 1969, they performed "Fortunate Son" and "Down on the Corner" on The Ed Sullivan Show. [17] According to interviews with band members twenty years later, the name's elements came from three sources: Rejected contenders for the band's name included "Muddy Rabbit", "Gossamer Wump", and "Creedence Nuball and the Ruby", however, the last was the starting point from which the band derived their final name. It's not something I'm actively seeking, but I'm not totally against the idea either. Need To Know: Ice Cube's "Contract with Black America", 'Younger' Star Nico Tortorella Wants YOU To Vote! [40], This article is about the band. The year 1969 had been a remarkable chart year for the band: three Top Ten albums, four hit singles (charting at No. See the latest updates on the 2020 US Election. "[35] In September 2017 Clifford again ruled out any chance of Cook and himself reuniting with John, restating, "It would have been great twenty, twenty-five years ago. Informationen zu Daten für Seiten-Insights. "[13] They also backed John's older brother Tom at live gigs and in the recording studio. His next major hit was Centerfield, a chart-topping success in 1985. [28] CCR never formally reunited after the breakup, although Cook and Clifford eventually started the band Creedence Clearwater Revisited.

I was alone when I produced and mixed the albums. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. [17] The album also featured a remake of the rock & roll classic "Good Golly, Miss Molly"[17] and the band's nine-minute live-show closer, "Keep On Chooglin'". If so, this quiz is for you.

Guitar, vocals, harmonica, saxophone, piano. Revisited continues to tour globally performing the original band's classics. "Down on the Corner" and "Fortunate Son" climbed to No. Credence also released a short version as a single, but it didn't have the same impact as the one on the album. We'd had decent successes with our cover of "Susie Q" and with the first album. Hier erfährst du mehr zu den Personen, die die Seiten verwalten und Beiträge darin posten. Creedence Clearwater Revival, also referred to as Creedence and CCR, was an American rock band which recorded and performed from 1968 to 1972.

CCR continued to tour constantly with performances in July 1969 at the Atlanta Pop Festival and in August 1969 at the Woodstock Festival.