Apple cider doughnuts à la Federal Donuts 6 large egg yolks2/3 cup granulated sugar2 1/2 Tbsp. You can make Homemade Apple Cider if you wish! Don’t have a donut pan? Of all the things your town can become synonymous with, apple cider doughnuts is pretty neat. Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop. The reduced cider was added to these baked donuts. Welcome! Look at this beautiful caramel colored batter! baking soda1/2 tsp. So glad to know these were a hit compared to the ones from NY!!! I enjoy cooking meals and treats for my husband and three teenagers. Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what’s great and not so great in Long Grove and beyond. First, let’s be clear that cider is the closest thing to eating an apple. To reduce cider, place in a sauce pan and simmer until reduced from two cups down to 1/2 cup of cider. Break out your donut pan and let’s do this. Do you love baking as much as I do? Long Family Orchard, Farm & Cider Mill offers Michigan picked fresh daily and pick your own produce with seasonal donuts, petting farm and Hayrides. melted butter (not hot)3/4 cup apple cider2 cups all-purpose flour5/8 tsp. Use a toothpick and test center of one donut. When the oil is to temperature, squeeze out a two-inch length of batter directly into the pot for each doughnut, snipping off the batter with kitchen scissors. Meanwhile, preheat a pot of vegetable oil to 350 degrees on a candy thermometer.3.

Take a look around and find all my recipes, gardening tips, and country living antics. Apple cider doughnuts à la Federal Donuts 6 large egg yolks2/3 cup granulated sugar2 1/2 Tbsp. To reduce cider, place in a sauce pan and simmer until reduced from two cups down to 1/2 cup of cider. 248-360-3774

Always start with the minimum baking time. If you can find an unfiltered cider, use that. All ovens are different and the baking time will vary depending on how full you fill your donuts. Enjoy Long Grove.

So, so good and just as I remember them! Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the edges and tops are lightly browned. 4.

10/31/20 It took about 45 minutes to reduce the cider. Baked Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert! For some, there might be a little confusion regarding the difference between apple juice and apple cider. Great recipe,tastes great,but thought I would taste the cider more.Baked them in my electric donut maker.They turned out great. - Sat.

Pour the batter into a ziplock bag and cut off one corner. Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together, Apple Cider Donut, Baked Apple Cider Donut, baked donut recipe, Baked Doughnut, Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl. Copyright 2020 Beyond the Chicken Coop - All Rights Reserved. Thank you! Apple cider, homemade or store-bought, is certainly delicious to drink but it won’t add enough flavor to baked goods. The smell of apples, cinnamon and nutmeg are so amazing and the taste of these baked donuts is equally as amazing. Do this quickly, and with no more than 10 doughnuts at a time.

Another great recipe using apple cider are these Apple Cider Snickerdoodles! Allow cider to cool before adding to batter. I’m a batter person, and I loved the batter. What a lovely discovery in such weary times. To test, poke your finger into the top of the donut. They are much easier to make than a traditional donut, and the taste is amazing.

In my house, they disappear quickly! Thanks, Kathy! Didn’t out the sugar on some of them and they were good too. Your email address will not be published. baharat (or pumpkin spice)1. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. The doughnut will take about 90 seconds to two minutes to achieve a golden-verging-on-brown exterior.

baking powder1/2 tsp. Apple cider that’s been reduced down on the stove is thick and potent, adding big flavor without excess liquid. Place apple cider in a sauce pan. Allow cider to cool. baharat (or pumpkin spice). Other baked donut recipes include Chocolate Donuts and Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts.