The exhibits are interactive and there is so much to see and learn about the history of the Rune stone and the Vikings and Minnesota/Canada. The seasonal venue includes five high quality stage performances for families and adults, live comedy improvisational theatre and its Student Theatre Project. Audio tour availble on your phone. This has been a heavily studied artifact and it is a must see. COVID-19 statement on the door and everyone following the rules made my wife and I feel safe. We hope you'll be able to visit us again. var hostname = "FestivalNet.com"; more, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks. For Art Collectors and Visitors to the Event. A great help was the ability to use your phone and scan codes as you walk through and actually hear about the displays.

FNdocumentWrite("" + linktext + "") Come for the art, the variety of ethnic and Minnesota food options and the variety of entertainment that is performed on two separate stages in … Check-In Protocol ... MN 56444. Your User ID or Password reset link will be sent to you. The pirate, My wife and I visited them yesterday. Wish I could have taken more time to stop and read. member since: 12/02/2017. Lightning Art is a Minnesota Assumed Name filed on March 29, 2018. Traveling through the waterways of northwest Minnesota from the Hudson Bay and through Canada, the Runestone tells the story of the Vikings on an expedition and the tragedy of loosing 10 of their.

See all. Website +1 320-763-3160.

Central Lakes Trail (74) 1 min. 206 Broadway St, Alexandria, MN 56308-1417, From the moment we walked in, it was a good visit. If you do not know that much about the. We appreciate it and hope to see you again if you're able. Traveler's Inn (156) 5 min $$ - $$$ American. Enter the email address you used when you joined. Despite the name,the majority of the museum is about the original peoples, settlers, and wildlife of Minnesota. I highly recommend it for children. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected.

We were unable to explore. Your User ID or Password reset link will be sent to you. Thank you so much for your visit to the museum and for your review--much appreciated! Runes are etched on a two hundred pound stone telling the story.

There will be an ATM on site for patrons’ convenience. A short film explains the Runestone’s history and several historic buildings give you a firsthand sense of the life of early European settlers. Each piece becomes a one of a kind.

It is a very nice museum that shows you history of the area along with the Runestone. var username = "info"; Use quotes to match two or more words as entered. Lightning Apparel! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Hotels near Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Alexandria, Game & Entertainment Centers in Alexandria, Douglas County Historical Society Tickets, View all hotels near Runestone Museum on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Runestone Museum on Tripadvisor. The last ordering opportunity will be November 6-15 with arrival estimated December 14-18. Unique wood burning of wall art. It really helped us understand many of the exhibits. Whether you believe in the Runestone, this museum is rich in Viking and Minnesota history, including Native. Click for Important Information on COVID-19 Event Impact and Virtual Events, find other profiles located in USA: Minnesota (MN), Find other members in this category "Craftsperson".

var linktext = username + "@" + hostname;

Take advantage of the free audio. marketplace  |  privacy policy  |  contact us.

Category. Best nearby. Festival biz experience: 3+ years.

Search will match all words entered. I’m glad we did. Very informative and interesting. var username = "info";

Please choose a different date. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Definitely worth a visit. Northern Lakes Lightning Youth Hockey Association Things to Know. Each piece becomes a one of a kind. Thank you so much for supporting the museum with your visit and your review! Unique wood burning of wall art.

//-->, Copyright © FestivalNet 2020. Enter the email address you used when you joined. Very nice museum about something that I had not heard of. All Rights Reserved. All can be personalised. Click for Important Information on COVID-19 Event Impact and Virtual Events. marketplace  |  privacy policy  |  contact us. actually found.

Craftsperson history of Alexandria and the Runestone, this trip is a must. Scavenger Hunt and Activities for children. LA FERME (264) 7 min $$ - $$$ American. Use quotes to match two or more words as entered.

//-->, Copyright © FestivalNet 2020. var hostname = "FestivalNet.com"; American artifacts. USA: Alexandria, Minnesota (MN) find other profiles located in USA: Minnesota (MN) Phone: (701) 552-0509. 5 Other Attractions within 0.75 miles. The displays are extensive and surprisingly well curated for a small museum. November Schedule as of 10 … Search will match all words entered.

Gives you a great insight of early MN and that the Viking people did inhabit the area. men to an attack. What restaurants are near Runestone Museum? Visitors: Entrance either day is free, however parking onsite is $5 per car. Northwoods Cafe (63) 14 min $ American.