He was married to Betty Kean. Lew Parker.

He was an actor, known for Are You with It? His theatrical career, following training in vaudeville, began with a party in the chorus of “The Ramblers,” Clark and McCullough musical. [3] They remained together until Parker's death from cancer in New York City in 1972. Lew Parker Death Lew passed away on October 27, 1972 at the age of 61 in New York City, New York, USA. Mr. Parker was born in Brooklyn of a theatrical family.

His most notable role was as Lew Marie, the beleaguered father of Marlo Thomas's character, Ann Marie, on the 1960s television series That Girl. Wife: Betty Kean (actress, until his death, d. 29-Sep-1986) TELEVISION Time of death. And, by the way, so did I.” More tears followed on October 27, 1972 when, only two years after That Girl completed its five-season run, Parker collapsed on stage during a performance of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum in New York. The information included in these records can be more sensitive, so they are sometimes restricted by the state.

While there are a number of ways to verify a person’s death, perhaps the most authoritative source is a death certificate issued by the New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics and Registry.This document can be requested directly by mail or in person, but is most often obtained through the vital statistics registrar of the municipality where the deceased lived or passed away. Surviving are his widow, Betty Kean, the comedienne, with whom he often appeared, and a daughter, Mrs. Deirdre Mahon of London. When Mr. Hope signed for “Roberta” in 1932 he offered to lend Mr. Parker his standard act, which the young comedian used for a year. Most recently, Mr. Parker had been portraying the father of Mario Thomas, Danny Thomas's daughter, in the television series “That Girl.”. TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers. Lew Parker (born Austin Lewis Jacobs,[1] October 29, 1910 – October 27, 1972) was an American television, stage and musical theatre actor. Lew Parker was born on October 29, 1907 in Brooklyn, New York, USA as Austin Lewis Jacobs. |  “When ‘The Ramblers’ went on the road Paul McCullough gave me a few comedy hits of his, because he knew I wanted more than anything else to have my own act. The restriction expires within 50 to 100 years, depending on the state.

Lew Parker (October 29, 1910 – October 27, 1972) was an American television, stage and musical theatre actor.

To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Lew Parker, comedian of Broadway's musicals, Hollywood's movies and radio and television, died of cancer yesterday at St. Clare's Hospital. Other Works “Then, in Cleveland, when we did ou'r two‐man comedy routine at another party, Georgie Price was there and he told us we must get into vaudeville.

This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996.

“I've always been interested in the comics of every show I've been in,” Mr. Parker remarked once, “and for some strange reason the comics were always interested in helping me. [citation needed] His Broadway credits include A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1972), Mr. Lew had a background in vaudeville and was helped in his career by, View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. Gender: Male Race or Ethnicity: White Sexual orientation: Straight Occupation: Actor. Lew Parker was born on October 29, 1907 in Brooklyn, New York, USA as Austin Lewis Jacobs.

A funeral service will be held at the Universal Funeral Chapel, Lexington Avenue at 52d Street, tomorrow at 2 P.M. See the article in its original context from.

Born: 29-Oct-1907 Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY Died: 27-Oct-1972 Location of death: New York City Cause of death: Cancer - unspecified. The director relented, however, and the young comedian stayed on for the New York and Chicago runs.

His father was head of the team of Parker and Decker, a twoman blackface act. Lew Parker, Comedian, Dead; Father of ‘That Girl’ on TV. Then I played around vaudeville with Milton Berle and learned an awful lot from him. He also told us to write him if we needed any help. (1945), Red, Hot and Blue (1936), Girl Crazy (1930), Heads Up (1929), Spring is Here (1929), and Rainbow (1928). Official Sites, Came from a theatrical family. Lew Parker death quick facts: Cause of death.

His most notable role was as Lew Marie, the beleaguered father of Marlo Thomas's character, Ann Marie, on the 1960s television series That Girl. The couple were survived by a daughter, Deirdre, and two grandchildren. “Years later I played a small part in ‘Girl Crazy’ with Willie Howard and Willie took an interest in me and put me into his act at the Palace. A lifelong heavy smoker, he was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with … (1948), That Girl (1966) and Broadway Television Theatre (1952).

Lew Parker, comedian of Broadway's musicals, Hollywood's movies and radio and television, died of cancer yesterday at St. Clare's Hospital.