Shirts, But I guess boys will be boys, because within a few decades your average codpiece was padded and enlarged to such a degree that it might have been more modest to go nude. Patterning and Designing Landsknecht Hosen. In terms of influence, historians also agree that their clothing sense was partly inspired by the Swiss mercenaries. Here is one of my favorite doublet styles it is very flexable and the closur can be a couple of buttons, or buckles, or even tied. This is a patern for the great surcoat worn by King Henry VIII of England very well known painting as well as this painting of Francis I, King of France. Slashed clothing (see the dead soldier on the right, as well as on more or less everything Mr. Landsknecht is wearing) seems to have been inspired by the way clothing would look after a few hours on a blade-filled renaissance battlefield. January 26, 2016 at 4:42 pm. (right) This is a fun an comfortable garment but it is big and depending on your choice of fabrics it will be very heavy, but remember when you are wearing it. This style of hosen was worn by the Landsknecht, who were male German mercenaries in the early to mid-16 th century. Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world.

DoubletPatterns. Name, Pseudonym, Homonym, and/or Honorary Title: Everything © Korwin Briggs. This is a renaissance doublet with a full length V front and a plastron. Kind of like the fad in the 1970s when hary chested men wore their shirts open down to thire navels, this can be used Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you take with a cameraphone.

The Landsknecht’s Fancy Pants. Full suit of clothes of a certain Junkers Von Bodegg of the Augsburg line, 1599 - 1637. This was used for the pale green shirt Captain Kirk wears in the last season of Star Trek with the wrap around belt peice.

This is a renaissance doublet with a full length V front and a plastron. Landsknecht Pants (ca. Apparently the Holy Roman Emperor exempted them from sumptuary laws (which restricted clothing choices, among other things) on account of their ‘short and brutish’ lives.. Landsknechts mostly used pikes which, contrary to what years of video games taught me, are very long spears, not very long axe-things. Lesson 10: Early 16th C. Cow Mouth Shoes, or Kuhlmaulschuh (Leather) - Chopine, Zoccolo, and Other Raised Heel and High Heel Construction.

They weren’t the only ones dressed in brightly-colored clothes that had been slashed to floppy ribbons, but theirs tended to be the most brightly colored, most slashed, most floppy clothes around. See more ideas about Renaissance clothing, Mens garb, German costume. Landsknecht Pants Morold cotton Black-red, Black-Green, Black-Brown, Blue-Red | HEMAD Garb LARP hspace="4" align="left">This pattern (to the left) is of a, hspace="4" align="right">This pattern (to the right) is for a. There are two big things to know about landsknechts: they dressed like circus clowns, and for most of a century, they beat the crap out of nearly everyone they faced on the battlefield. They’d wear linen underwear, too, and men’s coats tended to be pretty long at this point, but things like sitting and riding horses could still give people an eyeful of man-parts. Incidentally, military uniforms have influenced a huge amount of our modern-day clothing. They were known for their ferocity and their flamboyant style of dress.

I love a gaudy Landsknecht.

Consisting of: velvet cap, trousers and jacket in brown wool twill.

The jerkin front and back peises ar the two peises in site the arched pese whis is a patern bases. these drawings of metal codpieces from Wikipedia, Ain’t No Tragedy Like An Ancient Greek Tragedy, When We Thought Radioactivity Was Healthy, When the US (almost) Nuked North Carolina. Nov 6, 2017 - Late period German, Landsknecht, slash and pouf.