KoMo makes two of our most popular flakers, the hand-operated KoMo FlicFloc and the electric FlocMan flaker. Did you look at the Amazon reviews? The stone burrs in most modern small mills have a synthetic engineered composition for precision, uniformity, efficient grinding, and long burr life. If the manual says not to, then I must have missed that part. Would I buy this Komo grain mill again? I’m going to seriously consider getting a mill and this one will have to be given some serious consideration. Our great advantage: A suspension between the grinding stones prevents the loud grinding noise of the stones in the position “fine” as soon as the grinding process is finished. Certain design and performance factors are important to understand as you begin the process of selecting a grain mill. She insists though heavier (which made her shy of demonstrating it to people new to grinding) she was surprised when even newbies expressed how delicious it was. Kind regards, sebastian pigge. Did you have a longing to do cornbread or grits? info@pleasanthillgrain.com Yes it is still an issue. Always at a loss as what to do about it, along with some sacks of grain we had bought at the time. The finest grinding ability is also required to make fine flour from white rice, a staple grain for many who follow a gluten-free diet. It has sat idle since I wrote you. We bought the Komo grain mill. I am happy that the mill lasted it's 30 years, and I hope it will last even longer. It’s awesome; I agree. We also offer larger commercial grain mills with burrs up to 30" diameter. http://www.sharskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SK&Product_Code=130-7602, http://www.grainmillshop.com/KoMo-Fidibus-Classic, http://www.foodforlife.com/our-products/sprouted-grain/ezekiel-49, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DZ6TGA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=3omm3b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B001DZ6TGA, “Lord I Am Tired and Weary” – A Prayer For Mental Strength, 35 Powerful Prayer Points For Protection [With PDF], 5 Prayers For Faith and Hope That Will Calm Your Heart Right Now, German-made and top quality craftsmanship, easy to turn the hopper and change the fineness of the grind, ground flour comes out fairly cool, retaining nutrients, convenient and easy to use — just flip the switch, I thought it would be quieter than it is, although it is still quieter than my previous mill, the mill should be switched on before you add the grain to the hopper, or it tends to jam. Where do I go to get it fixed? I have heard various reasons for it, but would like to have your intake on it. For commercial users, a certain minimum production capacity may be essential.

You might be on to something… I do use the fine setting most of the time! I’m going to go read your other post on why grind your own grain. Our grinding mill is patented, because it is much more than just stones and engine. The type of burrs that a mill uses dictates many of the key characteristics and abilities of the mill. However, the Fidibus 21 price is not reliable as this model is no longer made. The flour seems be fine for bread making. I’m curious, do you do Ezekiel bread? By Jaime Published in Kitchen Tips & Tools Last Updated on April 30, 2020. The market leaders in this category are the NutriMill Classic and the WonderMill. I’m a new follower from the Heavenly Homemaker meme . A word to the wise: Because resupply of many product lines remains daunting, and processing times may grow again in coming weeks, there’s never been a year like this to do your Christmas shopping and other year-end buying very early! Hi Jaime.

Because flaking grain requires much less energy than grinding flour, most flakers are manual. The quality mills we offer at Pleasant Hill Grain have a wide range of abilities and use a variety of unique designs. The warranty, on the surface, is pretty 'meh' at 3 years vs something like a Komo (which are not available here in the US currently, I would love to see one in person so I could see the flour.

I think I even sold a few things, lol , I saw these a few years ago. If so, do you do it all in your mill? Are you making your own muesli as well? We enjoy both on occasion but I don’t know if the milling of popcorn should sway my decision. It seems so small and unobtrusive too. How is this mill with getting a consistently fine flour? Impact mills have become very popular since their introduction about thirty years ago. Sat: 8:30AM - 3:00PM, CST, Pleasant Hill Grain If you have … Motor heats up and quits. Great post and a beautiful mill indeed! Flour output speed varies considerably between mills. I watched a dual review of the Nutri-Mill and the Wonder Mill and they sifted out wheat bran from each mill’s results. Do let us know if you try it in the near future— I would LOVE to hear your thoughts as I’m weighing my decision.

A friend of mine has the Nutrimill, too, and it very pleased with it! The KoMo XL Plus features a motor with 100% duty cycle, allowing it to run nonstop. The popular hand-crank Wonder Junior Deluxe+ grain mill offers an optional adapter for operation with an electric drill.