Its got a nice steel frame that rides better than any aluminem, it has middle of the line components all around, and the KHS warrenty to back it up (25 years on the frame). These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links. Find and buy Kmart Magnetic Exercise Bike Review from Exercise Bike Reviews 101 suggestion with low prices and good quality all over the world. Companies can't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au.

You get a knob preciously wrapped in big foam case, but it doesn’t work.0 star - stability (no tick), regardless of type of surface the bike is on; tiles, carpet, rubber liner or a large arm chair wedged on the other end. It slides far too much to use sitting down and the resistance is terrible.

Checked my old bike design and unlike new one derailleur plate seated under wheel nut and blocked by a bolt. If you want one that will stand the test of time, just replace the derailleur (which indeed is a big offender), and the stock rims with double wall rims. Why would someone go to this store and purchase a bike? I have gone through 3 Aldi road bike frames (had 2 repaired) and broken 2 mountain bikes (one was refunded under warranty). Not saying you need to spend half that much, but buying a bike should be a careful decision.

Great bike for the money.

No more modifying cars for me, and really enjoying cycling.

Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - mtbr.com awsome framegreat entry bikeI've made mine into an awsome freeride fun bikethats got a bomb proof frame. It was already damaged goods. The Southern Star MTB looks to be of higher quality than the Repco MTB as the Southern Star MTB has alloy brake calipers rather than pressed steel as found on the Repco MTB. Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform! Once a week we'd push out all the bikes from storage that were paid for to be assembled by some blow-in once a week. Back when I was working for kmart they loved knocking back return claims unless you could prove the bike was assembled by a bicycle mechanic. It wobbles when you use it and i have almost burned my hand 3 times as the metal bar gets so hot after you use it. The main issues will be that component quality will be low and parts will more readily rust and seize compared to a better quality bike. It will cost only a few dollars more than a can of WD40 and will last you about a decade. I have seen little children riding these and are an accident waiting to happen.

Derailleur bolt was probably poorly seated or thread broken during assembly allowing it to raise against fork and unbent small tab securing it from turning. Huge vote of confidence. Try it out on one of theirs first, then get a more expensive one later if you're into riding or wear out all the stuff on the Reid bike. If you're not mechanically minded, you'd be wise to get someone else to assemble it or pay a bike shop to do it right. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

If you're tall a standard store bike will be a painful ride. Shimano 2300 STI, light frame, decent wheels.

But yes you're right otherwise – Kmart bikes are fine for the occasional rider as long as they're put together right from the start. I recon K-Mart will probably resell the one I returned instead of replacing the rear wheel. 1999 KHS Crest, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, RST 261 fork. Many people just want to buy a bike to have a go, ride around a few blocks and probably let it gather dust other than a few hours a year.

It horribleI wont return it but yes what a joke. Go to a bike shop and buy a good quality bike. I know some people might cringe at the fact that I use WD-40 on my chains but it's a $99 bike, so whatever. You've just confirm my long held suspicion about these cheapo substandard bikes. Well, they are cheap for a reason and longevity and riding pleasure isn't any of them.

This translated to a 5-10mm movement at the tyre. Not sure if the frame is steel or alloy but after having had two bikes stolen outside a supermarket, one not locked, I don’t fancy spending another $700.

I'd be reasonably confident in saying that the photos of broken alloy frames comes from misuse.