I got through the 1st two Charlotte Stone books with a fair amount of eye rolling but loved #3. It seems Jeff was killed by people after that money. Shots rang out. Several weeks later she received a check for $100, and her entry was featured in the December 1973 Reader's Digest. She felt her heart leap into her throat. Undeterred, Robards dropped out of law school to pursue her writing career. He felt a surge of protectiveness. Karen Robards has never disappointed me before and she certainly didn't with. Year: 2011. There was quite a bit of sexual tension between them which was well done. Vérifier la compatibilité avec vos supports. That novel, One Summer, was Robards' first hardcover contemporary novel, and its success convinced Dell to ask Robards to concentrate on her contemporary novels.

She felt her blood drop to her toes. Language: english. Enjoyed the characters but thought the ending was a bit disappointing. The story begins with Jeff hanging from the ceiling in his families Texas mansion. When Riley Cowan finds her estranged husband Jeff dead in his palatial home, she's sure it's no coincidence. In New York Times bestselling author Karen Robards's latest heart-pounding romantic suspense novel, a woman must track down her husband's murderer - or risk being the next victim of a vicious killer. I am a sucker for a murder mystery and this book had it all. His heart stopped beating (same chapter as that other time). When Riley Cowan finds her estranged husband Jeff dead in his palatial home, she's sure it's no coincidence. [4], At the time that Robards's debut novel was published, the typical paperback historical romance novel had a shelf life of only three weeks. Please read our short guide how to send a book to Kindle. WOW!

The police rule it a suicide, but Riley thinks someone's out for blood - specifically someone Jeff's father ripped off in one of the biggest financial fraud cases of all time. Send-to-Kindle or Email . I had a lot of fun trying to untangle the web and solve the mystery before the truth was revealed. Her blood ran cold. His blood ran cold. Résumé: In New York Times bestselling author Karen Robards's latest heart-pounding thriller, a woman must uncover a murderer--or risk being the next victim of a vicious killer.When Riley Cowan finds her estranged husband Jeff dead in his palatial home, she's sure it's no coincidence.

I really liked this book. She finished this second book, the contemporary romantic suspense To Love a Man, in three months. [1] Her novels have been translated into eleven languages. Karen Robards (born August 24 in Louisville, Kentucky) is a best-selling author of over fifty novels. Riley Cowan discovers her ex-husband's dead body when she goes to meet him at his request. But this book fell a little flat for me. As a teenager working part-time for her orthodontist father, Robards saw a Readers Digest solicitation for funny anecdotes. Karen Robards didn’t intend to become a best-selling romance author. Fear tasted sour in her throat. Fear tasted sour in her throat. Where Finn an FBI agent has looked over his body and hides in the shadows as he watches Riley find her dead ex-husband hanging. This was definitely a thriller! KR is one of those authors who does a good job with the show not tell business and you always feels as if you are right in the middle of the action. It may be the case that all of the things I plan on complaining about are actually the stuff that draw folks to these kinds of books.

Hush started off sooo slowly - i bought 3 new releases Dec 30, and chose to start this one, and it took 12 days to complete. It burned through every nerve and fiber of Julie Carlson—the heartbreaking, infuriating suspicion that her husband was having an affair. [5] After the publication of To Love a Man, Robards's new publisher contracted her to write two novels per year, one a historical romance and the other contemporary romantic suspense.