Applies to delivery addresses in the continental U.S. only. Their egg laying ability and fine meat quality made them the first choice of the American duck farmers. It is a very long-lived bird. The Insurance company Aflac has used the Pekin duck as its mascot. It didn’t take more than a couple weeks for them to outgrow their first home. Pekin ducks have very good temperament and they are friendly in nature. About 95% of all duck meat consumed in the USA is Pekin duck meat. Or if you have any suggestion to setup this duck farm then please help me. From bringing your chicks home for the first time to putting eggs on the table, we’ve got it all covered. However, they eat a lot of poop, and can be very noisy. Participant With this cross, you get a large number of ducklings from the female that grow into good-sized birds because of the size of the male. They are very easy to handle, tame, and be kept as as pets, and needs minimal care. The females would also begin laying eggs within 6 months from birth.

The breed was brought to the Western World in the middle of 1800s. They can withstand the cold temperatures, and would even indulge in short swimming. In general, a Pekin is a big, white duck with an orange beak that is a hearty, friendly bird. Advertise Luckily enough, Mr. Palmer did care for his own ducks, and this flock constituted the first flock of Pekin Ducks in the US. Orders of 2-9 ducklings ship after April 1. These ducks were bred specifically for meat and egg production but have become almost synonymous with the word duck today. A small order charge of $45 will be added to all orders of less than ten ducks or geese. / Jumbo Pekin Duck. When raising Pekin ducks, you’ll discover the ducks grow fast. Subscribe ROY'S FARM newsletter for news, updates and receiving notifications of new posts by email. While Pekin duck hens are excellent egg layers, they are most frequently lousy sitters. |. With this cross you get a large number of ducklings from the female that grow into good sized birds because of the size of the male.

The American Pekin ducks are often used in making the AFLAC commercials. The first ship date for everything in your cart is, These items have been added to your wish list. If you want to hatch eggs to enlarge or sustain your flock – or to sell to other homesteaders. They could not get up the walls of the bathtub without me picking them up so I stayed nearby. Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click. Their feathers are of white or creamy white in color. Handling the ducklings frequently from the time they are hatched will help get the birds accustomed to being held and touched, if this is an important consideration for you. The Jumbo Pekin Duck, a meat type duck, is bred for size primarily and not for show. LEG BANDS - If your birds were sexed and identified with colored bands, remove the bands upon arrival. Be the first to review “Jumbo Pekin Duck”. On average, adult ducks weight between 3.6 and 5 kg in captivity.

Would you like to correct it? If it seems that they’ve reached their full size, they are ready for butchering. Your email address appears to be invalid. Plz answer me, if pekin duck can breed mallard or muscovy and its egg is fertile? No, they are hatched and shipped on different days. Mature drakes (males) weigh approximately 9 pounds. Fish They are good layers and a duck will lay an average of 200 white colored eggs per year (if the duck is prevented from hatching the eggs or if the duck does not try to hatch her eggs). We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Learn how your comment data is processed. I believe it is a Pekin. Males can reach 11 pounds and females 9.5 pounds in the first 3 months. Yes, you can use such food for your Pekin ducks. I train my duck and chicken flocks to meet me at the. They tend to be very calm birds, and the females lay 140-175 extra-large eggs weight 90-100 grams per year. McGrath saw them for the very first time in Beijing, until he hatched 15 eggs and passed on about half the ducklings to a person named Mr. Palmer.

Jumbo Pekin ducks lay approximately 140-175 eggs per year. Photo from Wikipedia. They tend to be broody, if not bothered and make good mothers. As noted, Pekin ducks, both hens and drakes, are known to be friendly and non-aggressive poultry birds. They are also known to possess a strong and resilient immune system. Ostrich Pekin ducks are popular for producing quality meat, as well as for their egg production.

Your email address will not be published. Jumbo Pekin ducks should weigh approximately nine to 11 pounds, on average, once they reach the 12 week old milestone. So how can i get mother stock from you. Commercial Pekin ducks are produced by crossing a male from a large, meaty strain of Pekin with a female Pekin from … The Pekin Duck dates back to at least 2500 BC, when it was being farmed in China’s Pekin (now known as Beijing).

They would get dirty quickly, if not given constant access to fresh and clean water. The Jumbo Pekin is approximately 15-18 percent larger than standard white Pekins, and weigh about 9-13 pounds. In 1873, they were first brought to the US right from their Chinese habitat by one Mr. McGrath. Pekin duck is a dual purpose utility breed. They tend to be very calm birds, and the females lay 140-175 extra-large eggs weight 90-100 grams per year. Duck

They are very large breasted and have yellow skin. How To Store Your Chickens’ Freshly Laid Eggs. They have a more vertical posture than dabbling ducks, and have an overturned rump. Also one other question, the feed we normally give to broilers…for example i use 35% inclusion rate protein concentrates which i normally mix with crushed maize corn to make my broiler feed, can Peking ducks feed on this same feed or their feed requirements are different from those of broilers? Jumbo Pekin ducks, a larger yet otherwise identical version of the breed, often his 12 pounds when they mature. Our Jumbo Pekin ducklings are from a pure male line and they are probably the largest you can get; within months, they will weigh 9-13.5 lbs. Required fields are marked *. Contact Us, Cayuga Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Call Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Silver Appleyard Duck: Characteristics, Uses & Full Breed Information, Saxony Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Pomeranian Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Muscovy Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Ancona Duck: Characteristics, Origin, Uses & Full Breed Information, Dates Farming: Date Palm Cultivation For Beginners, Sunflower Farming: Start Sunflowers Cultivation For Beginners, Potato Farming: Commercial Business Plan For Beginners, Pineapple Farming: Business Starting Plan For Beginners, Kiwi Farming: Kiwifruit Cultivation Guide for Beginners, Dogo Argentino Dog: Characteristics, Origin & Temperament, Doberman Pinscher Dog: Characteristics, Origin, Temperament & Lifespan, Turkey Breeds: Best Breeds For Turkey Farming Business, Poultry Farming For Beginners: Guide For Starting A Poultry Farm, Poultry Farming: Complete Business Guide For Beginners, Pigeon Farming: Step-by-Step Guide For Pigeon Rearing Business, Rabbit Farming: How to Raise Rabbits (Guide for Beginners), Classification of Poultry: Class, Breed, Variety & Strain of Chicken, Goat Farming Business Plan For Beginners (Complete Guide). The more quickly a duck (or any type of livestock) matures to full butcher weight, the less expensive it is to feed. Again, this information is specific to each breed but you can always know by just looking at your ducks. Job Circular Jumbo Pekin  Duck – Sold as Baby Ducklings Only. If your order contains both free shipping items and other, ineligible items, you will be charged shipping for the ineligible items. They are mostly raised for their meat and eggs, and at times, domesticated as pets. The average lifespan of a Pekin duck is roughly eight to 12 years. Today the Pekin duck is very popular and available throughout the world. One adult bird can produce 8-9 pounds (live weight) of good-quality meat and 140-210 big, white eggs every year. Could you please name for me some hatcheries around the globe from which i can get high quality day old Peking ducklings. Raising Pekins is easier than raising most any other breed of domestic duck because of their strong immune systems and ability to survive in extreme conditions. They are mostly raised for their meat and eggs, and at times, domesticated as pets. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Poultry Thank you. The average lifespan of a Pekin duck is roughly eight to 12 years. These ducks were imported to North America in the early 1870s, and since then, they proved to be the most successful variety of table ducks. Minimum of 10 per order. Nice ducks but straight run is for the birds, Lady Amherst Pheasant - Juvenile - M/F Pair, Red Golden Pheasant - Full Color - M/F Pair, Yellow Golden Pheasant - Juvenile - M/F Pair, Yellow Golden Pheasant - Full Color - M/F Pair, All Natural Murray's Best Chicken Suds and Conditioner, Exhibiting Poultry For Pleasure And Profit, Storey's Illustrated Guide To Poultry Breeds, DIY Suet Blocks for Poultry | High Protein Treats for Molting Season, McMurray Hatchery 2021 Customer Photo Winners, Round One, How to Preserve Eggs Long-term with These 4 Methods, McMurray Hatchery Customers Round-Up to Support 4-H. Place Eligible items in your cart. Review full breed profile of this duck bred below. They help the ducklings learn the barnyard routine and how to forage for their own food – often pushing tentative little fuzzy ducklings into the water if they dawdle too long on the pond bank. The Jumbo Pekin is our largest strain of Pekin. And they are also very good as pets. Can you give me more info.

SMALL ORDERS: Orders of 2-9 ducks and geese ship after April 1st. The Jumbo Pekin is our largest strain of Pekin. They sometimes accept being petted by those who are raising them as either a pet or egg bird. Orders of 2-9 ducklings ship after April 1. Can ducklings and turkey poults be shipped together? The Pekin duck is now the most admired commercial meat duck breed in the United States. Usually they only swam for 15 minutes at a time. thanks, Can they survive on our 15 acre farm lake in central Arkansas. And around 95 percent of duck meat consumed in the United States is Pekin duck.

Orders for these ducks needs to be on a separate online order so your order can be processed properly. The Jumbo Pekin is approximately 15-18 percent larger than standard white Pekins, and weigh about 9-13 pounds.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Almost all the eggs will be white, with less than 2% tinted blue-green. How to choose the perfect breed of chicken for you- including our top 5 beginner picks. Jumbo Pekin ducks, a larger yet otherwise identical version of the breed, often his 12 pounds when they mature. Disclaimer

The ducklings grow very fast into heavy, big adults very quickly, with full-grown feathers by 6-8 weeks of age. Pekin Duck Breed Quick Facts. © 1998-2020 Murray McMurray Hatchery * We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings. The Definitive List of Chicken Treats: What Can Chickens Eat? Customers Who Bought This Also Bought Plan Your email address will not be published. Turkey, About Us We don’t have this duck breed right now, and don’t know any supplier in Bangladesh. We expanded by cutting a hole in the side of the container and placing it in a larger cube my husband built of plywood and lined with plastic, still inside our home.