All of her other personal information is far from the reach of media people. Journal how life was growing up as a youth in the tough parts of Long Island, New York, what his secret was when he would drive to the basketball hoop. Recommended – Amanda Cerny Net Worth, Boyfriend, Family, Career. Dorýs Madden is the wife of the retired basketball sensation Julius Erving aka Dr. J.Mrs. Julius Winfield Erving II (born February 22, 1950), commonly known by the nickname "Dr. J", is an American retired basketball player. Julius was also named in the 50 greatest players in NBA history in 1996. [citation needed]. Before Erving, dunking was a practice most commonly used by the big men (usually standing close to the hoop) to show their brutal strength which was seen as style over substance, even unsportsmanlike, by many purists of the game. Then 7′2″ center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar crossed his way, blocking the route to the basket and forcing him outwards. Trending :Joanna Gaines || Kamala Harris || Pat Sajak || Elizabeth Warren || Nicole Curtis ||. The following year, Dane and Rebecca welcomed their 2nd daughter in December 2011.

However, the Lakers won 4–2 with superb play from, among others, Magic Johnson. The Sixers were still eliminated twice in the Eastern Conference Finals.

By using biographytalks.com you agree to our Terms of use and Privacy Policy. He was criticized by people because he was supposed to be a religious man. Julius is the father of 9 children in total. Rebecca was third amongst four siblings from the Gayheart family. She has never stated about what she is doing and about her family background. I did a little coaching and I found I couldn’t explain why I did certain things. Turquoise Erving was born in the United States of America. He also starred in the 1979 basketball comedy film, The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. Tanner is actually the bat boy for San Francisco Giants, a team that his father had played for. [49] He was ranked by ESPN as one of the greatest athletes of the 20th Century. Turquoise Erving is the first, very young and extremely beautiful wife of Julius Erving aka The Doc, Dr. J or the Doctor, who as we all known is one of the best basketball players in the NBA. Lisa had been the inspiration to perform best on the field for her husband. [2] His signature dunk was the "slam" dunk, since incorporated into the vernacular and basic skill set of the game in the same manner as the "crossover" dribble and the "no look" pass. American actress and model Rebecca Gayheart rules over a handsome fortune which she earned through her skills before the camera. He later became, as he stated, "young, fine and rich" so he planned to enjoy that to the fullest. Required fields are marked *. Both Julius and Madden started dating while Julius was already married to his first wife Turquoise Erving. NBA players have been a sensation since ever. Lisa lives happily with her family of a handsome husband and four beautiful kids in Arizona.

Julius Erving’s wife Dorýs Madden Erving is 5 feet 8 inch tall and weighs about 132 lbs.

You May like this – Robert Ellis Silberstein Bio & Married Life. The first time I ever saw Julius Erving play was in Greensboro, N.C.

Erving in this memorable contest would face George "The Iceman" Gervin, All-Star and former teammate Larry "Special K" Kenon, MVP Artis "The A-Train" Gilmore, and David "The Skywalker" Thompson.