Joe tries to connect to Zoom for the GL Socially Distant Scramble. You sir, a supposedly educated person create a diatribe that harms Transgender People because you also ASSUME. In my head, he asked me what I was wearing and I told him, a black T-shirt and brown cargo shorts with black and yellow sneakers. for its cast of callers doing impressions of various celebrities, in and out of the sports world, of widely varying quality - and, very occasionally, discussion about sports. “He is a continuing embarrassment to journalism, the town of St. Paul, and sentient life in general.”, For that reason, Cragg and his co-signers believe a potato might do a better job. [1], The show aired until the early nineties, until Soucheray began his daily "Garage Logic" program. All-access pass to top stories, events and offers in the Twin Cities. Andy Birkey has written for a number of Minnesota and national publications. Soucheray appears under-informed about the basics of the debate. The "Sports Talk" brand lived on in the duo's weekend show, "Saturday Morning Sports Talk" and has continued with the weekday version of "Sports Talk" which began airing on Monday, February 15, 2010. Online stargazing, rallies for justice, Polyjuice Potion on tap: 35 great things to do this weekend. “Joe Soucheray is a sad, sad man who has the English composition skills of a tortoise on quaaludes” who writes on topics such as “why our daughters will be raped if we don’t have the government telling people where they can or cannot go to the bathroom (interestingly, he was much more sanguine about credible reports of child abuse by his archbishop),” the petition reads. This past Saturday, my family and I ventured from the mean streets of St. Paul -- where tough-guy journalists like myself and Joe Soucheray pop the collars of our black leather jackets even in the most extreme summer heat -- into the "undrivable hellscape" that is Minneapolis, to take a walk by Minnehaha Falls. Celebs come together to get MN actor James Hong a Walk of Fame star, he proudly wrote a WTF column about a couple of people asking him for help, An Art of Changes: Jasper Johns Prints, 1960-2018. The show was known[by whom?] at, Nov. 5, 2020 He attended St. Luke's as a grade schooler, Hill High School (now Hill-Murray School), and went to college at University of St. Thomas in the Twin Cities. by, October 28 Double Flange Joist Rotation. You have entered an incorrect email address! No furries were harmed in the writing of this story. Your not a part of the Trans solution, but you are a visible likeness to all who are causing the Misunderstanding of US. in, 3:00 a.m. Thu, Nov. 5, 2020 Basically the exact same uniform I’ve been wearing since I was known as the toughest badass to haunt the halls of Macalester College, back in the '90s when they let in all sorts of weirdos. I watched my kids run around and play. What's it like watching Bergman's 'The Seventh Seal' during an actual plague? "[citation needed], Soucheray has been joined on the air by producer Matt "The Rookie" Michalski since the late 1990s. The petition, created by St. Paulite Lucas Cragg had reached 220 supporters by Thursday morning. at, October 23 July 24, 2020.

by Dan Savage, October 6 Many businesses have also abandoned gendered bathrooms in favor of unisex or shared environment facilities. He produces his podcast Garage Logic from studios in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We have no evidence to support such a claim, and reasonable people are not opposed to the open-bathroom concept because they fear that a transgender person is predatory.”. by CP Staff. Actually, that’s not true, but that’s what the Souche would have done. by, October 23 "Cargo shorts are super-useful, especially when you have cargo.”. We live in the Twin Cities because we get all kinds. But then, I told the story to a buddy whose mother’s uncle’s rabbi once performed a bris for someone in law enforcement. Joe Soucheray is a radio talk-show host and newspaper columnist. When restaurants pivot to survive, how do we address mass layoffs they create? His writing on LGBT issues, the religious right and social justice has won awards including Best Beat Reporting by the Online News Association, Best Series by the Minnesota chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, and an honorable mention by the Sex-Positive Journalism awards. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. I noticed a guy with a Pepsi box on his head for a costume, which seemed a little out of the definition of "furry.". So I just pretended that that guy was someone I could talk to right at that moment while dodging mud puddles. Minnesota has prohibited discrimination based on gender identity since 1993. You have the power to educate, and you show that your as ignorant as the general society on a Birth Anomaly.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous, than sincere ignorance, and conscientious stupidity. That’s an understatement if there ever was one. Soucheray was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota in 1949.

I mean, I have an aura of charity and friendliness about me. More often, Soucheray could be heard asking Rookie if he actually listens to the show that he is producing. Enter to Win a Car Pass to Preview Night of GLOW Holiday Festival! by, October 27 “Letting anybody go to the bathroom they feel like going to will come back to haunt the political class who find in gender ambiguity great virtue to be mined,” the columnist wrote on May 10. The final broadcast was aired on September 7, 2018. Consider a contribution today! My daughter, Chuck, gave them an amused glance but my son, Lil' Tigger, wanted to give them hugs, so I let him. Note: definition of assumed is a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof. A petition has been launched on Change.org to fire Pioneer Press columnist Joe Soucheray and instead hire “a potato that sort of looks like him.” The petition is targeting Soucheray after he wrote a column asserting that two recent assaults against children in St. Paul necessitate prohibiting transgender people from using public restrooms. The Column is a nonprofit news service under the sponsorship of Springboard for the Arts. Because that’s what life in the Big City is all about -- no matter how hard some people resist that idea. The motivating idea is to promote traditional values and is a sort of criticism of modern American pop culture and Minnesota's dominant liberal culture.

[citation needed], The program has occupied several time slots during its run as the station's other programming has shifted, but for over a decade it, along with Rush Limbaugh's program, was part of a combination that made KSTP the dominant talk station in the market. Soucheray appears under-informed about the basics of the debate. He produces his podcast Garage Logic from studios in Saint Paul, Minnesota. I watched some kids play with furries. Doomscrolling through history with Black Thought's 'Streams of Thought, Vol. Joe Soucheray, Minneapolis Tribune, Thurs. Your article based on Ignorance makes it out that Transgender people are responsible for it by your asinine response to what happened, and then you Stupidly assume. by, Tuesday, October 3, 2017 The Column is a nonprofit LGBTQ news service by and for Minnesota's LGBTQ community. by, September 11 We depend on readers like you in order to create great investigative journalism, cultural analysis, and arts and history coverage for the LGBT community in Minnesota. By Joe Soucheray twincities.com — Seemingly overnight and without much advance notice, the speed limits in St. Paul have been reduced on many streets to 20 mph, with signs more plentiful than Joe Biden’s that say “20 is plenty” and “Slower is safer.”It is happening in both Minneapolis and St. Paul as city councils in both cities believe speed kills. I, on the other hand, have spent the better part of 25 years since moving here from the mean streets of my small town watching people in our two cities in all their unique ways interact and go about their business. A few days earlier, a 5-year-old was attacked at a school bus stop on the North End of town and police are investigating whether she was also sexually assaulted.”, None of those assaults happened in a bathroom, and, in fact, happened in the open. I went to check on him and he was unconscious, bleeding. ", "Hey now,” I said to Imaginary Animal Control Guy.

Especially journalists who would like to come off like tough guys. He founded Eleventh Avenue South which ran from 2002-2011, wrote for the Minnesota Independent from 2006-2011, the American Independent from 2010-2013.

I'm jealous of my boyfriend's coworker ex-lover, This is Halloween: Let these spooky happenings distract you from the terrors of next week, In 'The Ringmaster,' highly imperfect people chase Minnesota's best onion rings. After anti-trans column, petition launched to replace Joe Soucheray with a potato, Queering the Tarot: The Five of Pentacles, Pride Month Must Sees: Smaller Events You Still Won’t Want to…, Around the Region: WI attorney general attended anti-LGBTQ conference on state…, Policy and Laughter Blend Beautifully With The Theater of Public Policy, Queering the Tarot: The Four of Pentacles, Uprising Theatre Company’s Twisted Deaths Tackles Death Head-on, Around the Region: Chippewa Valley is becoming more LGBTQ friendly, Around the Region: Iowa community wants LGBTQ-themed books banned, Pawlenty to headline anti-LGBTQ fundraiser, MN Senators introduce ban on LGBTQ panic defense, Anti-LGBTQ hate letter stirs southern Minnesota community, Lettermandate: Rep Peggy Bennett recites fake top ten list to Freeborn…, Rep. Heintzeman believes God protected his heart from carrying Explore Minnesota…, MN school bans ‘Look Beyond,’ ‘Loud & Proud’ t-shirts after National…, Rep. Miller takes break from new career as criminal justice reformer…, Q-STAGE Brings Queer Voices and Original Work Center Stage, Art of Change showcases art and life with HIV. Soucheray followed his assertions with a qualification: “Mind you, I am not suggesting that a person exploring their own gender identity is prone to violence. He joined the Saint Paul Pioneer Press in the mid-1980s and served for many years as a sports reporter and columnist, before becoming a general columnist in the mid-1990s. Gender nonconforming people have been using bathrooms that best align with their gender for decades in Minnesota. Later, after making small talk with some guy drinking brandy by the creek, I recounted the incident to myself while stumbling over tree roots as a light rain started to come down just like in Taxi Driver, and two theories developed. Rookie was often held to mythical 6:00 pm meetings with Soucheray, after the conclusion of the show, if he angered Soucheray's character by not paying attention. Then a woman who’d been playing hide and seek with her toddler son on the path came over, told me she was an ICU doctor, and began a more thorough assist than my First Aid merit badge experience would allow. However, about seven years ago I had a rat crawl up through the sewer into the toilet in my basement, and after squealing in fear like a total tough guy, I called animal control and they sent someone out to get it.