5 spot to cleanup. With Matt Kemp and Justin Upton added to the Padres' lineup, Black hoped to reduce the pressure on Gyorko to perform. [3] He was a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball (MLB).

He was promoted to the Tucson Padres of the Triple-A Pacific Coast League (PCL) in mid-May, as the Padres promoted Everth Cabrera and Alexi Amarista from Tucson, released Orlando Hudson, and placed Jason Bartlett on the disabled list. He made the Padres' Opening Day roster as their starting second baseman in 2013.

So, I’ll let him do his thing and I’ll do mine.". [88] They were born premature, and one remained in the hospital for a few extra days for observation. ST. LOUIS — Third baseman Jedd Gyorko was scratched from the St. Louis Cardinals lineup Tuesday because his wife is having a baby. at section: | slug: cardinals-jedd-gyorko-leaves-to-be-with-wife-in-labor | sport: baseball | route: article_single_fantasy | [3][36] While he played with the Padres, the couple lived within walking distance of Petco Park, the home stadium of the Padres, during the season, and returned to Morgantown during the offseason. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. [3] Gyorko used the money he received in his signing bonus to build a house in Morgantown near his parents' house. “I remember days, in the prime of Ryan’s career – I’m getting nostalgic – this is what he would do. The Dodgers received Jedd Gyorko, 2019-2020 International Cap Space and cash considerations from the St. Louis Cardinals for left-handed pitcher Tony … “Elise is Jonie’s middle name, so we went with Kyler Elise Woodruff. As it turned out, he was prescient about how much that has affected the intensity level. [5] He was named to the CCBL All-Star Team,[18] and he competed in the home run derby, held at Fenway Park.

[52] Gyorko agreed to a $510,900 salary for the 2014 season. [17] After the season, he joined the United States national collegiate baseball team, but did not make the final roster. Unique perspectives on the daily sports topics that matter most. He hit a home run in his first at-bat with the TinCaps. There are no advantages either way. Woodruff and his wife have decided to name their daughter Kyler Elise. Part of his entertainment routine is tossing beanbags up, over and around various obstacles and at the cornhole target. [89] The couple's third child, a daughter, was born in May 2017. Ryan Braun was the main speaker at a hitter’s meeting held Friday afternoon in which he acknowledged how difficult it is to get energized with no fans in the stands but it was up to the players to provide their own juice. ST. LOUIS (AP) Third baseman Jedd Gyorko was scratched from the St. Louis Cardinals lineup Tuesday because his wife is having a baby. [67] While playing the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 5, he hit his first home run for the Cardinals.

[5] He won the 2010 Brooks Wallace Award as the best shortstop in NCAA Division I. Gyorko won the 2010 Brooks Wallace Award as the best shortstop in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I. [7] Jedd attends all Mountaineers football games. [71], In 2017, the Cardinals shifted Carpenter to first base,[72] with Peralta and Gyorko playing third base.

[47] Additionally, he became just the second rookie to lead the Padres in either category since Nate Colbert in San Diego's inaugural season in 1969.