A very good fruitcake. Good Food Deal Bake this festive fruit cake in advance of Christmas and feed it regularly with rum, brandy or whisky to build the flavour and keep it moist. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Cool. 900g/2lb mixed fruit, raisins, sultanas, chopped nuts and walnuts.

Enjoy. If it is getting dark on top but it is not fully baked then cover with some tin foil. Add the flour, spices and salt to a bowl and mix. There will be a different version in a few weeks time!!! With the last egg add a couple of spoons of flour this will prevent it curdling. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. on how to line a cake tin and how to avoid burning the top of the cake when it's going to take a good 2 - 3 hours in the oven! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is easy to follow and it really only takes 20 minutes to whip up everything before heading to the oven. Fold in the dried fruit. There will be a different version in a few weeks time!!! i made this on 12/22/04 & adore how the flavors come together as this fruitcake ages. Balls, Bars & Bombs + drinks and other nourishing snacks

One of the problems with cakes like this and our heavier Christmas Cake is that it takes so long in the oven that it can burn on the top instead you can easily prevent that when halfway through the cooking you place 2 pieces of Aluminium Foil over the top in a pocket. I have no idea where it came from, but it is good!! Hi there, I followed your recipe and this his the best fruit cake I made and it tastes yummy. Add 175g plain flour, 100g ground almonds, ½ tsp baking powder, 2 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground cloves, 100g flaked almonds, 4 large eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the fruit mixture and stir well, making sure there are no pockets of flour. I misread the directions (oops) and used candied fruit rather than dried fruit so the cake is probably a bit sweeter than it should be; next time I will use the candied fruit (it's so pretty in the cake) but cut the sugar by about 1/3. Simple meals and fabulous feasts from Italy Tip the fruit mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool for 30 mins. Pour batter into the prepared pan. i followed the directions as written using slightly rounded but equal proportions of the 5 spice blend (i didn't have "mixed spice" in my cupboard). 2. 116 Recipes, Catalonia Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin. The Swedish Art of Eating Harmoniously BOILED FRUIT CAKE. The use of tea in a fruit loaf isn’t new, but it makes a great cake. I did add about 5% more on the fruit side... made for a wonderfully heavy and moist cake (mother did always say that the worth of the fruitcake is told by the weighing!) Stir in the flour and the eggs. I ve made this cake several times during the past holiday season because it was such a big hit with family and friends. 105 Recipes, Dinner Like A Boss