But he was too blind to see this, until it was almost too late. Harry Chapin's wife Sandy wrote the lyrics to "Cat's In The Cradle," which were actually about her first husband. Light our way, benevolent sun. He's broken in two, they need to become one.

Jambi is an indonesian provence that was, as ledend says, was ruled by a rich 'sultan'. The song starts off describing the person has having everything anyone could ever want from a materialistic point of view. They want to be a better person: "If I could I'd wish it all away If I thought tomorrow, would take you away" email me to discuss this at randomkidb@rochester.rr.com. Just like the band A Perfect Circle, making songs like this .. Maynard is brilliant! If this does take off his balance, he might as well be dead (gone). "Prayed like a martyr dusk to dawn Begged like a hooker all night long" Half of the time this person acts very christ-like or pious but the other half of the time this person begs for this "dark side". "Breathe in union" "So, as one, survive Another day and season" As long as we are separate alls we can do is survive another day, another year. The good side of him is trying to open people's eyes to the world around them and the things inside them, and then it is devastated that what he has done so far hasn't made a dent. artist: "Tool", "Shine down upon the severed Shine until the two become one Divided, I'll wither away Shine down upon the many. "But I I would If I could I would Wish it away Wish it away Wish it all away Wanna wish it all away No prize that could hold sway Or justify my giving away my center" This is a key lyric of the song, Maynard defines the "you" that "lifted me up, turned me round." His center is wholeness/oneness with it all, would give away all of his worldly possessions if he thought they would take that away from him. He prayed and begged to receive enlightenment or collective consciousness and through his lyrics cursed and shouted at the "devil" the dark inside him. Don't laugh. Being a drummer for 35+ years, I know this well in my work with poly rhythms. Want and need.

He's overcome the self destructive devil.

"But you changed that all for me" I don't believe is a person, not his son or his mother, it's the realization that he is one with the divine the divine is "you". And then realizes he "got what he wanted all along" it was always there he just had to "see" it. Kid Rock performed his song "Amen" at Barack Obama's inaugural, but claims he didn't vote for him. Night is dangerous, winter is harder to survive. 'Jambi' means 'iamb' in Finnish, and the lyrics of the song primarily use the iambic meter.

"Shine on until the two become one" until we realize that we all are one, the collective consciousness. It was ruled by Sultans.

"save your poison" don't project your negativity out onto me save it for yourself. It is a city within a province by the same name. --- "So if I could I'd wish it all away If I thought tomorrow would take you away. He says "shine down" many times, and the song is about his victory over his dark side, or at least his ability to balance it.

So, as I said, his mother saves him and he owes all he has to her. Remember, the sun is a reference to the center. MTV wanted Weezer to record a version of their song "Hash Pipe" as "Half Pipe" to appeal to the skateboarding crowd. Breathe in union So, as one, survive Another day and season" Breathe is a key word here. he has nearly got it. "(If) wants and needs divide me Then I might as well be gone..." He defines what could take him off balance and that is his own "wants and needs." "So if I could I'd wish it all away If I thought tomorrow would take you away." It's his peace of mind, his home, it's everything without it nothing else matters, and trying to hold onto it is the struggle because of what we see and what is all around us it is hard to hold onto that divine consciousness.

they would beam light through a salamander embryo into a frog embryo, this would radically alter the frog's dna and it would be born a salamander, grow as a salamander and have little salamander babies. Mariah from Colorado Springs, Co I think its about a personal battle with the dark side of yourself. The things he sees are destroying the good side of him, unbalancing him.

I believe that it has something to with religion, like other songs they made. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. divided we whither and suffer. The good side of him changed all that, his thinking on Lateralus was completely different than songs such as "Eulogy" and "Judith."

Also: what MTV meant to his career. "Two become one" is also a trinity (father, son, holy spirit). This song is about his son. }; Money, success, ect., but he is missing his mother, Judith Marie Keenen. When he's talking about "you" he's literally talking about the sun (or God from the point of religion).

Same with Right in Two. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) To remember difficult rhythms, it's useful to come up with words or phrases to remember how it goes and make it second nature. --- "Shine down upon the broken Shine until the two become one." He compares Judith to a healing sun that "lights our way" and should "Shine on" (sounds like another famous prog tribute to me. The band refused, and MTV listed the song as "H*** Pipe.". Julian tells the stories behind his hits "Valotte" and "Too Late for Goodbyes," and fills us in on his many non-musical pursuits. He uses the word Dabblin' to describe someone that is digging into this materialistic lifestyle almost as if he is searching for something but the lifestyle is taking over him too much and he is about to 'drown'. He's not actually saying let the sun shine light on us and somehow be fixed. Take everything else and incorporate it with a GOOD look at Jambi Indonesia. He can write all these songs and they can be interpreted in several different ways. Also, Jambi was part of the Srivijayan kingdom in modern Indonesia. Again, he can't live when he's divided in the afore mentioned way.

"no price could hold sway or justify my giving away, my center." Simply amazing! Later MJK says that while she was praying and begging to God, he was doing the devil's work with his music. Damn my eyes! Well, none of us did...until Danny decided to share. Thats just what I think though. But then someone, for sake of argument a woman, changed him.

For without her, he will be consumed by these demons. Stay out of my way." Silence leeches/legions, stay out of my way!"

You got it, it's Jambi. Anyway, this riff was best remembered by Danny and the rest of the band by saying to themselves "mecha-lecha-high-mecha-highney-ho. The lyrics to this song describe the sun and religion's duality concept of light vs. dark or Good vs evil or God vs Satan. right now our dna is 44 and 2 it is an imperfect helix and causes chaos in ourselfs we inturn think we are divided and feel abadoned. Tool is simple, or complicated. This is my personal opinion but lets look at it: They say he "had what he wanted all along". Save your poison. 10,000 days pretty raw and personal, no way to misinterpret. My interpretation: Much love and peace to you all! "Shine down upon the many, light our way, Benevolent sun" show us all the way. Happy hunting. to leave him alone so he can do what he needs to do, and he needs his "legions" of fans to leave him alone so he can sort it all out. Justin, the bass player came up with the initial guitar riff. You wouldn't know it from the upbeat melody, but "Walkin' On The Sun" by Smash Mouth is about the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. This was told to me and about 300 people at a drum clinic held by Danny Carey, who would know better than the drummer for Tool? 'Jambi' means 'iamb' in Finnish, and the lyrics of the song primarily use the iambic meter.

He holds his center to a higher respect than his entire external experience. So I would wish it all away." His song "Into The Night" is one of the most-played of all time. Dan cracked the Top 40 with "Ritual," then went to India and spent 2 hours with the Dalai Lama. It his balance within Nature and this experience, his connection to "oneness" or the divine. When he's talking about "you" he's literally talking about the sun (or God from the point of religion). Jambi is also a province of Indonesia once ruled by a king, that's why the lyric "Here from the king's mountain view". Of course, MJK may have held some deeper meaning within the lyrics that only he may know but the basis of the story, and song, is this. --- "Prayed like a martyr dusk til dawn Beg like a hooker all night long" In this part (yea, BOTH parts), he's talking about HIMSELF.

Tool is a very spiritual band and I can assure that the center referred to here is not a God, it is the center of himself. Take the fist stanza (the feasting sultan part) as it is. Survive another season, fulcrum, center, pivot point of the earth's orbit.

The people who seem to be holding onto everything but still can't find what they are looking for. The really funny thing is that Danny told this story and I was about pissing my pants not only from my personal love and familiarity of the show, but because it was just all so simple. Guess it depends on what angle they take and how we all interpret it, which is the fun and mystic of it all. I think that is true talent. How does he integrate this stuff into his songs? "Shine until the two become one" "Two become one" can mean many things, but the short version is to say that the sunlight is the answer and will fix the broken. --- "Divided I'm withering away." "You, my piece of mind, my all, my center, just trying to hold on one more day." I saw one entry where a person actually mentioned researching the word Jambi. 46 and 2 is a more harmonious state of existence and we will then realize that we were never divided. Jambi Lyrics: Here from the king's mountain view / Here from the wild dream come true / Feast like a sultan, I do / On treasures and flesh never few / But I, I would wish it all away / If I It is the reason he would wish away the fleshy outlook of the world.

(function() { If he could have it his way, he would make it such.

"Invisible Touch" was the first time a band member (Phil Collins) had a #1 Hot 100 hit with a group after scoring a #1 solo hit. Alot of maynard's songs are. The benevolent son is just metaphor for the divine light shining down upon him, "shine down upon the severed" all of us who are separated from each other and therefore separated from our connectedness our divinity.