The final step was to install the electrical connection. Not a hint of rain and cool weather. Turns out it was as the rear brake fluid leak on my 450SLC was caused by a hole in one of the new brake lines. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is easier to get the bottom radiator hose in place before installing the radiator.

When I was investigating why my power rear set is not working, I removed the seat bottom, but never needed to remove the backrest. I tried 3-4 times to get it to position properly.

The big challenge is that Meyle seem to be the only manufacturer of W126 transmission mounts that I can find. It then links into a T-piece between the solenoid and the vacuum valve. If you like rare games, here it is!

See each listing for international shipping options and costs. There are supposed to be five clips holding the covers on to the inner firewall, but for some reason I only have two. Luckily it was late at night with few cars on the road so I was able to drive it home gently.

Something went wrong.

I started the site in May of 2013 when I was doing a lot of work on my Citroen DS. At the time, I wasn’t really concerned with how many views I got as I really created the site more for my own records. See search results that fit your vehicle. For sale: Jalopy. While the E-Type is obviously not a Mercedes, it was too good and opportunity to get the car out for an extended drive before the weather gets too hot. There was an obvious gap between the parcel shelf and the rear seat. The next day I had a quick look under the car. It is the new looking valve at the top. As I have not yet installed the solenoid, the heater valve should remain shut and I should have no coolant flowing through the heater core. Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget: Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear. The starting point was Shelly beach car park and the route took us up the coast past Manly, Freshwater, Dee Why, Collaroy, Narrabeen and other beaches until we hit Palm Beach. - 82% of the 85 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive. This is poked through one of the firewall grommets. The same cannot be said for the E320. On most W126 cars they are almost non existent. As we got there, the weather started to take a turn for the worse, but at least we were able to have a bit of a look. From there I installed the radiator and ensured the cooling system didn’t have any leaks. Firstly I decided to replace the coolant reservoir tank. As my seat is not working, putting the seat bottom in is quite fiddly. Driving around normally with the climate control set around 20C, I had no intermittent heat. Added: March 23rd, 2017 Ended: March 24th, 2017 Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean Item description. My kids were keen on the picnic, as were the kids of another couple of friends on the drive, so we found some undercover tables and had the picnic. It is so much nicer installing new parts that screw together easily like those hoses than all the time it took to remove the rusty hoses and hose clamps. All that is required is to loosen the shroud so the fan assembly can be removed. Today’s job was installing a W126 radiator into my 1987 560SEC. I have re-filled the reservoir and will check if it has gone down at all tomorrow. Select Vehicle. It was quite pleasant driving the 560SEC with the windows down and the heated seats on. Instead of proceeding to Avon dam (supposed to be the next one on the Dam drive), we abandoned the drive from there. It drives really well – much better than before. With a talent to create, passed down from my father and which I have personally worked to develop, I continue to incorporate my love of hot rods and the hot rod culture in my designs. The very rough diagram below outlines how I adapted the kit for the W126. This is probably the last cold snap before a hot summer, so I doubt it will be long. A great example was when I crashed the Citroen and took apart the rear of the car. I couldn’t find a new seal for the inner firewall, so I just re-used the original one. I omitted the auxilliary water pump so I have probably compromised my heat when the car is idling for prolonged periods of time. Tell us about your vehicle to find the right parts faster. 881 results for jalopy car. Once the new clutch is installed then the installation is the reverse of the removal. O.K. I have covered the coolants lines previously. These require soldering. The two biggest are probably the inner firewall and multiple outputs for the heater core. This month was the first time it was an official event. So far so good. The diagram above shows how I have set it up.

Build, repair, refuel and drive a dilapidated old car on a grand journey through the territories of the former Eastern bloc. I think they probably go into the holes in the frame, but over time they had warped and were not stuck on the hooks, preventing them from engaging properly. My 560SEL is equipped with such a fan clutch, as are other W126 models. This time we did a night drive to Palm Beach. With the new injectors its been running really nicely. My current one is not leaking, but the plastic was quite discoloured and looked a bit white around the hose entry. I could have done it much faster by just mounting the valve on the outside of the firewall, but I wanted to make it a neater job since I plan to keep the car. It was going to have to come out to fix this trim though. Once done, I was back to good breaks again on the 450SLC.

This page was last updated: 05-Nov 16:38.