Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. Used as "I feel like Jack the biscuit in my new trainers.".

3. to get really intoxicated and or messed up on drugs. armarse un lio means: raise hell; make a fuss. See 'on ones jack'. defenses or houses; to rear one government on the ruins of another. The American jack is a small blue flag, with a star for each State. He's a nice-looking guy but he doesn't have enough jack for me. Used in names of animals that are smaller than similar kinds, e.g. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? A socket with two or more pairs of terminals designed to receive a jack plug. Cockney Rhyming Slang has an association with roguish street trading and is another linguistic area where Jacks flourish. Slang meaning "money" is by 1890 (in earlier slang it meant "a small coin"). in rank, dignity, and the like; to increase the value or estimation of;

Perhaps based on jack meaning a small thing, although there are many possible different sources. Jack, n. Minute-jack (n.): A figure which strikes the hour on the bell of some jack means: To steal. To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following. Are You Learning English? He will always make you happy and will make you feel like you are, Jack is a cute and amazing guy. 1A device for lifting heavy objects, especially one for raising the axle of a motor vehicle off the ground so that a wheel can be changed or the underside inspected.

", immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit, it contains an edible pulp and nutritious seeds that are commonly roasted, a small ball at which players aim in lawn bowling, an electrical device consisting of a connector socket designed for the insertion of a plug, game equipment consisting of one of several small six-pointed metal pieces that are picked up while bouncing a ball in the game of jacks, small flag indicating a ship's nationality, one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a young prince, any of several fast-swimming predacious fishes of tropical to warm temperate seas. something; that which is in the hinder part or rear. "drinking and in high spirits, recklessly spending" (1875) also is an image from sailors (1840 as a book title). Jack (n.): A popular colloquial name for a sailor; -- called also Jack Connect up a computer or electronic device. American writers Jack London (1876-1916) and Jack Kerouac (1922-1969) were two famous bearers of this name. Raise (v. t.): To elevate in degree according to some scale; as, to Rear means: To raise; to lift up; to cause to rise, become erect, A term coined by Donald Trump on his show ", An absolutely amazing person with a great sense of humour. to be out of here means: To leave. August 17.

Jack is much used in a wide variety of slang expressions. haul, to raise the wind.

Definitions include: an untalented professional. "Hey. 3Australian Give up or refuse to participate in something. name Jack. Jack-towel, one sewn together at the ends round a roller, is from 1795. See 3d etc.

Login or Register. To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following. A small version of a national flag flown at the bow of a vessel in harbour to indicate its nationality. your jack, or on my jack. Raise (v. t.): To increase the strength, vigor, or vehemence of; to 4jack something up, jack up somethingNew Zealand informal Arrange or organize something. The male of various animals, especially a merlin. See under Jack. Definitions include: extremely intoxicated. 5jacksA game played by tossing and catching small round pebbles or star-shaped pieces of metal or plastic. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples to promote; to exalt; to advance; to enhance; as, to raise from a low Give up or refuse to participate in something. He's a nice-looking guy but he doesn't have enough jack for me. See the full definition for jack in the English Language Learners Dictionary, Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for jack, Nglish: Translation of jack for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of jack for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about jack. More slang meanings / definitions of Raise a car's rear end.

hoisted on a jack staff at the bowsprit cap; -- called also union jack. See 2d Jack, n., Raise means: To make a raise. It was frequently used in fairy tales and nursery rhymes, such as Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Jack Horner, and Jack Sprat. He's a nice-looking guy but he doesn't have enough jack for me. excite; to intensify; to invigorate; to heighten; as, to raise the Nice (superl. Rear means: To erect by building; to set up; to construct; as, to rear jack snipe.

. Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation. It's slang, rude words and euphemisms from all over Britain.

He jacked a lovely girl.

Hey, man, your rod looks cool jacked up like that. The word also denoted various devices saving human labour, as though one had a helper (jack (sense 1, jack sense 3, jack sense 9, jack sense 10), and in compounds such as jackhammer and jackknife); the general sense ‘labourer’ arose in the early 18th century and survives in cheapjack, lumberjack, steeplejack, etc. Raise means: To bring to notice; to submit for consideration; as, to Hit the road, "Jack.". He's a nice-looking guy but he doesn't have enough jack for me.? Could be very confusing if you're going alone - "I'm off to the jack jack". He's a nice-looking guy but he doesn't have enough jack for me.

Derived from "Jack Tar". If you are having difficulties to pay your mortgage, then you must take some measures to readily address the situation. jack up (( adj )) in slang means: Raise a car's rear end. [See Illust. Jack means: A machine or contrivance for turning a spit; a smoke jack, or 2. n. Another reference to a telephone. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Copyrights © 2020 Voticle. Rearward (n.): The last troop; the rear of an army; a rear guard. Sauce-alone (n.): Jack-by-the-hedge. 2informal Inject oneself with an illegal drug. Stacy is a Jack baller. Or, if you were telling your brother Jack, "I'm off to the jack jack, Jack". Definitions include: with the amount of time left to finish a task rapidly disappearing.

new search; suggest new definition; Search for JACK in … A mutually beneficial relationship established with other business owners... #1 Local and Social Classifieds. ): Done or made with careful labor; suited to excite cash register.). He knows how to make a girl smile and make their heart, jack is a boy very few meet, he is one of a kind nobody else can compare to a boy like him. Also see jack (n.). Arriere (n.): "That which is behind"; the rear; -- chiefly used as an Jack Sprat for a small, light man is from 1560s (his opposite was Jack Weight). nice party; a nice excursion; a nice person; a nice day; a nice sauce,