VRV is an agreggator of media libraries, and as far as I'm aware they have other cartoons, shows, etc from different companies so if you like those media libraries then maybe vrv is a valuable subscription for you.

Press J to jump to the feed.

VRV has both a free subscription where users can view ad-supported content, and a paid premium subscription where all content is ad-free. Assuming things go forward as expected, Sony will buy Crunchyroll. While VRV is more like a Viacom, they have Crunchyroll but a bunch of other channels as well. Hm well I assume you already know but crunchyroll and vrv are run by the same company. I find it a bit annoying to navigate though.

I've been using CR premium for a good 6 months by now and haven't had many issues at all with it except for the UI and not be being able to rearrange my queue and such (nitpicks) but I see people bring up VRV as an alternative for it. Crunchyroll is owned by AT&T (Ellation's stockholders) and VRV is AT&T's competitor to Hulu/Netflix. VRV will feature some content that is exclusive to our platform, for example Cartoon Hangover, MONDO, and VRV Select are channels containing content found exclusively on VRV. Yes. (I gave up on them originally because I was hoping to use their offline-watch option, which turned out to be shit at the time, and then they lost Funimation.). There are several other non-anime channels there as well, such a s Rooster Teeth, Boomerang, etc. The Crunchyroll apps let viewers switch between languages in the subtitles, but the same content on VRV is English-only. I was just looking into Legend of The Galactic Heroes, which appears to be a HiDive exclusive after the first couple seasons (assuming I've interpreted it right), so it might be worth going back to VRV. VRV is a collection of other channels. Crunchyroll is basically like a regular channel, like Nickelodeon. All other content that is given to VRV exclusively will be determined by each individual content provider. I'm sure this is asked a lot but I've been wanting to get back into watching anime and I wanted to purchase a subscription, which one is better in your opinion? Example: If you subscribe to the VRV Premium and link your VRV account to your Crunchyroll.com account, the link will share the premium you are paying for on VRV with Crunchyroll.com.

I have a 3 month or 12 month Fan membership, how do I upgrade to Mega fan.

What does VRV's streaming service mean to Crunchyroll.com users? They don't care a damn about anime. For more information on VRV Account linking go here. CR crashed every weekend when dbs went live, bit vrv was always fine. If you prefer dubs, Crunchyroll I think is more focused on subbed anime FYI. While VRV is more like a Viacom, they have Crunchyroll but a bunch of other channels as well. It's also why they laid off massive amounts of CR development folks in Jan/Feb. If I subscribe to VRV do I still have to pay for Crunchyroll.com membership?No. VRV has a partnership with HiDive, which has quite a lot of catalog content including more dubs and even some less censored content, if you're into that. In terms of the anime selection and dubs/subs it will be identical on both services.

I still think that was a ploy to get people to move over there, so I'm personally stubbornly not going to do it. Hm well I assume you already know but crunchyroll and vrv are run by the same company. The One Piece series appears to have HD episodes in CR vs VRV. Crunchyroll's queue used to be better until they broke it recently, to be even worse than the one on VRV.