[11], Sadler met Brett Jacobson over Memorial Day 2009 at the Indianapolis 500. There’s a reason certain people are A-list. But I never made it a point actually. [8], Sadler married her college sweetheart, fashion executive Kyle Boyd, in 2001. In a real newsroom that’s the easy fluff work while they’re out doing “real” news. I’m a mom, I have two kids so she told me how she was feeling, how much weight she had gained and she wasn’t editing herself.

We had champagne and candles and it was really intimate.

News, E! At any given moment you have to be able to roll with any scenario and attitude or personality and mood. Oh my God. I remember walking out of that first audition, calling my mom and brother then going, you know what? I never thought in a million years that would be me.

I know he likes his beer and I love that he’s a family guy. What do you remember most about heading into E! (This was before E! I have two kids and my ex-husband [Kyle Boyd] and I are absolutely great friends. was like, “We’re gonna fly you on a private jet.” I was like, “Okay! Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

She also serves as host of several E!

Stop it!” Then people will look up. I was flying from L.A. to New York just a couple months ago and randomly—trust me this doesn’t happen all the time—E! To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices.

Watch more from Catt Sadler's HuffPost Live conversation here.

She also hosted the Hoosier Lottery's Hoosier Millionaire show, which became the longest-running syndicated lottery game show in the country.

Sometimes we have good days, sometimes we have bad days. I was pretty young.

I’m still waiting for Ryan Gosling to ask me to marry him, are you kidding? That would be cool. I’ll never forget it.

Exactly! Seriously. He was traveling back and forth and we were falling madly in love. I will say though that I’ve never been in an interview and given my card or shared my number at work. I know a lot of people don’t have sympathy for some celebrities like, “Hold on. What do you say? After appearing as an extra in a few VH1 spoofs in Hollywood, Sadler got her first broadcasting job as an entertainment reporter in San Francisco in 1997 at KBWB/KNTV in San Jose, California, for their entertainment news segments. [14] She and Thomas married on October 23, 2011 in a private ceremony at the Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas. We heard you like your drinks spicy so we’re having. [6], Sadler is the international spokesperson for the Women Like Us Foundation,[7] an organization her mother co-created after writing a book of the same name.

She had this genius idea to bring all of the components of the fashion industry together in one room so we as women, and some men of course, can get together and learn from one another. We knew we wanted to be together but in order for him to even stay in the country we had to get married, like tomorrow! I have two kids and my ex-husband [Kyle Boyd] and I are absolutely great friends. We’ll be in the produce section of the grocery store and they’ll say, “Look, it’s Catt Sadler!” and I’ll be like, “You guys! Dang!

I do pinch myself often because I love my life, I love my job and then I look at my family and everybody’s healthy and everything’s cool and all that I have is all that I need. The whole idea is to really inspire people. We were college sweethearts and got married really young, that chapter was over. I love it! I never thought in a million years that would be me. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Erykah Badu, Machine Gun Kelly & Steven Caple Jr. Henry Diltz, Pattie Boyd & Carinthia West. [5], In December 2017, Sadler left E! Mmm, is this rum?

I was actually dressed up but then I was like, “I’m getting comfortable!” This is the happenin’ spot, it’s gorgeous! Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss a drink, we promise we’ll never spam you! I’ve dated people in the industry and actually my husband works as a producer in the film industry but he’s in finance and not really on the artsy creative side.

She also starred in the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus music video, "You Better Pray", playing the dancing librarian. Did it take time to learn how to navigate the celebrity interview?

We were college sweethearts and got married really young, that chapter was over. All of that stuff, that has never worked for me. News After Learning Co-Host Jason Kennedy Earns 'Double' Her Salary", "Things to Do in Chicago - Chicago Tribune", "Catt Sadler Files for Divorce from Rhys David Thomas", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Catt_Sadler&oldid=978154636, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 13 September 2020, at 06:42. Cheers! But it wasn’t about the production, it wasn’t about the dress and the ring. Sadler and her family returned to Los Angeles in 2006 when she was named host of The Daily 10 on E! This [on the left] is the past and, eh, that’s over and this [on the right] is the future and we don’t know if we have tomorrow, right? We knew we were going to get married but we were like, “We gotta get this goin’!” For one, so he could work in the film industry in Los Angeles and two, for him to be able to stay more than two months at a time. He was traveling back and forth and we were falling madly in love.

Catt Sadler, Actress: Goliath. I’ve got to get a couple more sips in while we’re talking. Then while I talk, you drink! Completely unaffected. I’m here because I’m an integral part of Simply Stylist, which is an event that was started in Los Angeles by my good friend Sarah Boyd. Have you ever interviewed someone and thought, “I’d like to have a few drinks with this person”?

Catt Sadler (born August 24, 1974) is an entertainment reporter who is best known for her work in E! [2], Sadler was born in Martinsville, Indiana.[3].

And I know some people who do that. Sometimes I’m my best self, sometimes I’m a lousy version of myself so I would hate to walk away from an interview and make a whole judgement on who they are as a human being. alongside Sal Masekela and Debbie Matenopoulos. I mean, Beyonce duh. So we were like, “Should we just go to Vegas? Did you enjoy this feature? He’s from Texas, he’s a man’s man. So we were like, “Should we just go to Vegas? Giuliana Rancic returns to E! We aren’t messin’ around.

News Weekend and Daily Pop. They are just so normal! News Weekend and Daily Pop. [4], In May 2017, E!

But I loved his transparency. I did that once and every girl should or could or whatever, I’m down with that, but for us it was just us on the 50th floor of.

I’m trying to think of who off the top of my head. I might track a story at 10 in the morning but we don’t film until 2 and the story might change four times if so-and-so tweets or so-and-so breaks up. It was really cool! Expands Live News With Two-Hour Series 'Daily Pop' (Exclusive)", "Catt Sadler Leaves E! specials and high-caliber red carpet events.

In 2010, Sadler joined the extended hour-long E! Live from the Red Carpet events, covering the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Emmys, and more. And what's most important is that Mrs. Kardashian-West is comfortable with the revealing shots, Sadler affirmed.

RELATED: Jennifer Lawrence Supports Catt Sadler’s Decision to Part Ways with E!

[1] She previously co-hosted the network's The Daily 10 before its cancellation. You have to find that divide. Trust me, I’ve certainly flirted with actors and they have with me, by the way! The producers say, “Come back for a re-track!” and you’re like, “I was just there!” That would be the only thing I would eliminate.

[16], "Cathy Kightlinger: Indy's Super Bowl a winner with celebrities", "E! She can be seen on E!

It’s so hard! Who has been one of your favorite interviews or people you’ve connected with along the way? I had done hard news and been in a newsroom but the funny thing is I had always kind of felt like the black sheep because I was the one chick who wanted to cover fashion and celebrities or movies and music. [Laughs] But in the midst of working that has never gone down, ever. You’re rich, you’re famous.

So you have to go back and forth to the voice over booth all day.

She previously co-hosted the network's The Daily 10 before its cancellation.

Sadler continued acting in L.A. She played herself in Judd Apatow's Knocked Up, and appeared on General Hospital and Night Shift.

Some people are already in the industry and some want to be in the industry but it’s about hearing the real talk of what it takes to pull off and survive a pretty competitive and tough but also glamorous and fun job. Don’t you text? For sure!

I killed it! How long do you wait? It was Cinco de Mayo and it was a charity event, one of my friends was DJing and we spotted each other across the room early in the night. And it goes down.

Nobody’s real with people, nobody tells them no, there’s a lot of that that goes on so I understand and make allowances for people. Gosh, they all kind of run together, it’s so sad to say. Then while I talk, you drink!

[4] For four years she hosted a nightly lifestyle segment called "The Bay Beat" and traveled frequently to Los Angeles and New York to conduct celebrity interviews. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.

because they think we’re gonna go run and tell all the goods. You would have thought I was the president, it was crazy! I’m proud to say!

Oh my god, I was really nervous you guys. I really respect the Johnny Depps of the world who walk in the room and look everyone in the eye and say hello to the crew, say hello to the camera guys, say hello to the producers. I was in my early 20s at the time and nobody tells you how it works, there is no manual so you’re asking the questions and you just go with it. network, where she'd worked for 12 years, after learning her male … RELATED VIDEO: Catt Sadler Leaving E! He was like, “Oh, your name’s Catt? I also feel like he has this responsibility to be on TV and be so perfect and together all of the time so I’d like to maybe give him some shots.