The young men collecting the tolls were very pleasant and chatty. It has nine pointed arches: three larger ones in the centre and three smaller ones at either end. Next time we will take the longer route across the river. more.

Insulting and patronising behaviour by toll collector, I came to Batheaston at about 4.00 p.m.on 22.08.20. … This site is available in your language and country. View all hotels near Batheaston Toll Bridge on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Batheaston Toll Bridge on Tripadvisor.

The first version of the bridge was built in the 1850s and replaced a ford and ferry. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com.au. My wife and myself are spending our Xmas Holiday at the impressive Bailbrook House Hotel (Review to follow) and we very much enjoy the one hour walk from the Hotel - via the nearby canal - into Bath.The walk takes you through the Village of Batheaston but before reaching this one has to cross an arched bridge spanning the River Avon and an impressive weir. Toll bridge. Northallerton, United Kingdom 4 contributions 1 helpful vote. I explained i was trying to get to Bristol and that I was sorry I had no cash and the rude old man stated "well you're going the. Are the employers of this young man aware that he speaks to members of the public in such a way? I should add that he smiled throughout most of our discussion. Insulting and patronising behaviour by toll collector, I came to Batheaston at about 4.00 p.m.on 22.08.20. Ask Ritchie66 about Batheaston Toll Bridge, Ask 284guillermol about Batheaston Toll Bridge, Hotels near (BOH) Bournebouth Intl Airport, Hotels near University of the West of England. Hi Is the toll bridge open 24/7 or do you know the opening hours. Please choose a different date. The young men collecting the tolls were very pleasant and chatty. He refused this and asked the driver of the car behind me to make me move on as I was causing a delay. when I carried on over the bridge I immediately saw that the road off the bridge at the other side was indeed closed. Change the language to English and the country to United States.

Next time we will take the longer route across the river.

Given that we are in the middle of a pandemic, the rude old man was shocked when i asked him to step away from my car so I could get out- he was literally breathing on me. By clicking on or navigating the site, you agree to our use of cookies. I eventually drove off rather than cause any more of a hold-up. Are the employers of this young man aware that he speaks to members of the public in such a way? Your location could not be automatically detected.

Filter. When I challenged that he ended up telling me I was 'brain dead' for blindly following my satnav. When I challenged that he ended up telling me I was 'brain dead' for blindly following my satnav. I eventually drove off rather than cause any more of a hold-up. I explained i was trying to get to Bristol and that I was sorry I had no cash and the rude old man stated "well you're going the. The village used to have a railway station, but it was closed in 1966. A very profitable operation which one local told me currently nets some £2 million per annum!Well worth a short visit but one probably not necessarily welcomed by all motorists! ... Our open days offer a different perspective of our waterways, a behind-the-scenes look at the great work we do. Danielle wrote a review Oct 2020. Click here to hide this message. The young men collecting the tolls were very pleasant and chatty. The content displayed on FindOpen consists of information from third parties, among others from publicly accessible sources, or from customers, who have a presentation page in the Cylex Business Directory. What restaurants are near Batheaston Toll Bridge? But the amount of traffic passing they must earn a fortune. The bridge was built of Bath stone by Hickes and Isaac in 1872, for the Bridge Company Turnpike Trust. Next time we will take the longer route across the river. Please enable JavaScript or upgrade your browser. RouteYou Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. I therefore had to turn back but when I asked the same young man why he hadn't mentioned the closure to me when he took my money, he said it wasn't his job to tell people. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar. I found this incredibly rude and asked him for my pound back. Before you are rude and borderline abusive to people with your body language and behaviour, stop to think about what people may be going through in their day to day lives and whether your poxy job collecting money on an insignificant little bridge in the middle of nowhere is all you've got in your life to make you feel important. All reviews across the bridge pretty area bathampton mill avon weir heritage. If you already have such an account, then log in now. View all hotels near Batheaston Toll Bridge on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Batheaston Toll Bridge on Tripadvisor. We only walked across the bridge a few times so didn't pay anything. What restaurants are near Batheaston Toll Bridge? He refused this and asked the driver of the car behind me to make me move on as I was causing a delay. more. I never even raised my voice to him but there are people out there who could well have shown a lot more aggression than me to such an offensive and patronising attitude.

Are the employers of this young man aware that he speaks to members of the public in such a way? Even outside of rush hours and on quiet February mid-week days this was a very busy spot, delivery vans included. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. He repeated this when I asked him why he didn't just mention it as a courtesy. Plasticine was manufactured in the village between 1900 and 1983, by a company founded by William Harbutt, who also lived in Bathampton. I had no knowledge of this and it came as a surprise, meaning i had no cash. when I carried on over the bridge I immediately saw that the road off the bridge at the other side was indeed closed. I had no knowledge of this and it came as a surprise, meaning i had no cash.

Given that we are in the middle of a pandemic, the rude old man was shocked when i asked him to step away from my car so I could get out- he was literally breathing on me. Bathampton Toll Bridge is an arch bridge in England, carrying a minor road across the River Avon near Bathampton, to the east of Bath.It is a Grade II listed structure..