I think I'm the very few people out there who likes Monday because I feel good se... Fender: Modern Player Jazzmaster HH (review). The biggest Ibanez selling point is definitely its patented neck carve.

Ibanez RG521 Genesis Collection Series Jewel Blue Electric Guitar. That listing sold. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. If you are a proficient player, this joint type becomes an issue only because it discomforts you, nothing to do with impeding ability. Is there any reason the RGR is 50% more expensive than the 521?

Thank you for all your inputs everyone.

The RGR652AH is, of course, very much like the RG652AHM fixed, just with a more metal look and the Fusion Edge pickups as opposed to the TZ/AN combo on the green burst version. It seems that the Japanese hands got the Math right as these don't contribute to a neck-heavy episodes; certainly not when I was handling it both in the store & at home. Please correct me if I'm wrong but do you mean that the 521 is currently the best 6-string fixed bridge RG in the current catalog?

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page). FS: 2014 RG570-BK Reissue GENESIS COLLECTION (Prestige), FS: 2014 RG570-BK GENESIS COLLECTION (Prestige) $870 shipped (USA), Jemsite.com: Ibanez JEM/UV guitars & more, The following errors occurred with your submission.

Even the Standard models, albeit not entirely, are manifesting good production standards. Some people think the Fusion Edge pickups are just rebranded DimarzioIBZs but I don't think so.

Thank you for the advice, Mike. They're nice and all but I prefer the TZ/AZ combo.

Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > All Other Guitars (including Prestige) > Genesis Collection RG521 vs. RGR652AHBF Prestige 1Likes. The extra gets you Dimarzio's, the Prestige case, and a multi tool which doesn't add up to $400, but it's not supposed to. For the best viewing experience please update your browser to, Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. Some people like to be transported back to familiar territory & this is that escape.

I have better use for these for clean tones, surprisingly, but not that inviting when it comes to distortion territory. IBANEZ RG652LWFX (PRESTIGE made in Japan : 1 500 USD $) : If I get the RG521 I can buy bareknuckles aftermath which will up the price to 1 500 USD $ just like the RG652. Most of the DiMarzios sound quite similar with distorted sounds, although I haven't heard the Fusion. With this reissue, Ibanez is casually reminding everyone who’s boss. "Super Wizard " neck profile. The Ibanez RG Genesis Collection resembles the vibe of the original RG of 1987, a legendary creation of precise Japanese craftmanship with spartan look, supreme playability and extreme versatility.

True Ibanez is with its own propriety(the design,the pickups and the bridge by default). Bolt-on neck construction - this enables a fast, precise attack response, while retaining a full, "fat" tone.

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct. The scary thing is, the Indonesian standards are currently, in my opinion, as imposing as the Japanese ones.

A mix of ornamentation too including reverse headstock, non 80s era finish/style and added neck/body bindings. Oops, looks like you forgot something. Body: Basswood.

Looks like I have all the information that I need in making a decision.

Die Ibanez Genesis Collection ist also genau das: die Wiederauflage eines begehrten Gitarrenklassikers.

How's the Monday going so far? Neck: Maple / walnut, 5-pc. I see now that the bodies are different. Check out the similar listings below. All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. The default V7/V8 pickups are bland-sounding units, nothing stellar, nothing too disappointing as well. Please check the fields highlighted in red. The 652 has some theoretically meaningful "improvements" including body wood, Prestige fret end treatment (whatever that's worth), AANJ, dimarzios and hard case. No territorial trespassing though, just craftsmanship appraisal. The 521 is the loss leader of all the fixed just as the 550's are of the trems.

Also, the string posts are the staggered type to wisely supplement the absence of a string retainer at the headstock- in case you didn't notice that.

Cons The finishes still won't be for everyone! Ibanez RG550 Genesis Collection deals. 2 years ago. It's an unnecessary acquisition but I'm giving myself early consol... We're still in Chinese territory.

Everything is top notch here, arguably like the good ol' days when the RG was king in Shred Land.

Finish: Black, with Cosmo Black hardware This isn't a detail disclosed at the Ibanez homepage but the RG521 is equipped with a set of locking Gotoh tuners. In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register. They're not badged Prestige because it wouldn't fit with the whole reissue theme, even though there never was a 521 30 years ago. I'd pick the RG521.

We have the Premium models to account for this progress. Is Ash an advantage over Basswood? A faithful reboot of one of shred's most iconic guitars.

I had an S series with a super wizard a while back and I loved it, So fast! Fretboard: Rosewood, with "white Dot" inlays - a ve…. Appreciate it. I don't know what to think of the Fusion Edge pickups.

The Genesis models return to the block heel of yesterday. This is what's inside the box shown a few days ago ( box ). Ibanez builds guitars for all levels of players - from beginners to the most demanding masters of the instrument. Welcome new members, please introduce yourself here, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models. dem S1 Singlecoil. If it's made at Fujigen it's either Prestige or J custom. Thumbs up Ibanez for the models that do not rely on after market option parts. Thank you, Ibanez, for keeping the Super Wizard neck carve true to form despite the alternative approach (neck construction is neither a single piece nor 'skunk striped).