He is known for his roles in the films Shell (2012), In Fear (2013), Not Another Happy Ending (2013), Lost River (2014), and Overlord (2018). He played the lead in the BBC series The Fades and Young James Herriot; the latter earned him a nomination for a BAFTA Scotland for Best Actor/Actress – Television.[10]. Psychological horror film In Fear premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival to rave reviews. He went to Hillhead Primary School and successfully completed an HND in Acting and Performance at Langside College. Copyright is protected by DMCA. The movie covers a group of American soldiers on the eve of D-Day, with De Caestecker playing Chase one of the military officers; the film received two nomination at the Saturn Awards in 2019. He has remained dedicated and kept on working on what he loves. [20] The movie is currently in post-production. In 2013 he starred in several movies, including “In Fear”, the psychological horror film that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, “The Filth” and “Not Another Happy Ending”, which earned him another BAFTA nomination, in the category Best Actor/Actress – Film. His parents are doctors. In 2000, he had a minor role as a bully in the comedy horror film The Little Vampire, before appearing in the television show Lip Service. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. [14] The film premiered in competition in the Un certain regard section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival,[15] and was released in the U.S. on 10 April 2015. De Caestecker does his best to keep his private life just that, and not much is known about him other than his acting endeavors. [18] In the same year he also starred opposite Hugh Laurie in the PBS Masterpiece/BBC One political-thriller series Roadkill.[19].

xx", "@AgentsofSHIELD happy birthday to @IdeCaestecker the coolest scientist in the world who also happens to be my best friend #wardfitz4ever", "LA-based British actor Iain De Caestecker: 'I miss the rain quite a lot, "The hunt is on to find the Queen of Scots who makes real difference to the lives of others", "BBC - Interview with Iain de Caestecker - Media Centre", "Young James Herriot Nominated for BAFTA Scotland Best Director & Best Actor 2012", "Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' team reflects on that [SPOILER] final scene |", "Iain DeCaestecker Gets Lead in Ryan Gosling-Directed 'How To Catch A Monster, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. De Caestecker was born in Glasgow, Scotland. Iain De Caestecker is currently 28 years old and this Scottish actor is mostly known for portraying the role of Leopold Fitz in a TV series called “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”. In 2011 De Caestecker earned a nomination for a BAFTA Scotland in the Best Actor/Actress – Television category for his performance in the BBC series “Young James Herriot”, and later that same year he played in another BBC sitcom, “The Fades”. A post shared by Iain De Caestecker (@iain_decaestecker) on Nov 8, 2018 at 5:29pm PST. He landed a role in “Billy and Zorba”, a BBC short film from 1999, then got his second role just a year later when he performed in the comedy horror movie “The Little Vampire”. 's FitzSimmons are getting their very own Marvel crossover", "Further cast join Roadkill, David Hare's political thriller for BBC One", "BBC - Press Office - Tartan Shorts All Over Brazil", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Iain_De_Caestecker&oldid=984378758, Scottish expatriates in the United States, British expatriate male actors in the United States, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Miniseries; 6 episodes / Winner of Best Drama Series, BAFTA Television Awards, 2012, Main cast (seasons 1-6), Special Guest role (season 7); 126 episodes, This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 20:11.