In my opinion, it was my favourite song of my childhood- I would smile whenever I heard it on the radio, recorded the song on a cassette. If you know someone or loveones who have this illness, PLEASE SEEK HELP,NO MATTER WHAT THE COST. Listening to unwell now just breaks me to tears. This song really relates to my son.

"The song is about a person who claims to not be crazy even though they're suffering from various occurrences that could lead them to be labeled as such. Once you see the signs, never leave it to the last minute. In many ways, he was unwell. I got the help I needed and am doing so much better. I was in the hospital for a month and a few weeks.

Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, More Than You Think You Are [Australia Bonus Track].

This song and video describe mania to a t. To me I think it has to do with depression by not having any friends just by talking to himself feeling lonely. Being bipolar, awake for days, I sometimes lose myself in the walls, ceiling, mirrors, etc. Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. No one would understand him or even try to. Rob Thomas states on the live DVD Show: A Night in the Life of Matchbox Twenty that he wrote the song to be a metaphor for humanity in general, a song for people who are "fucked up and feel alone like that. "The song is about a person who claims to not be crazy even though they're suffering from various occurrences that could lead them to be labeled as such. He had very bad mood swings from mania to depression.He suffered from delusions and heard voices or whispers in his sleep. The assumption that this is about drugs is preposterous. I'm sorry but there is no mental illness here its dope. A VERY well written song! "Hearing voices telling me and dope is not weed. When I turned 17, I witnessed my younger brother going through a a very complicated state of mind. A LOVEONE OR SOMEONE WILL DEPEND ON IT. (depression)all day staring at the ceiling; (visual hallucination)making friends with shadows on my wall; (auditory hallucination)all night hearing voices; (command hallucination)that i should go to sleep; (somatic illness) hold on, feeling like i'm headed for a breakdown; (denial{one of the defense mechanism} but i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell; (bipolar{mania to depression} but stay awhile and then maybe you'll see the different kind of me; (denial)i'm not crazy i'm just a little impaired; (bipolar) but soon enough you gonna think of me how i used to be; (psychosis)i'm talking myself in public; (visual hallucination)dodging glances on the train; (paranoid) l know they've all been talking about me; (psychosis)iv'e been talking in my sleep; (paranoid)pretty soon they'll come to get me, they're taking me away....

HOLY COW I just realized this makes sense!!! What people said or did would be towards him. He was diagnosed as Bipolor (Manic Depressent). adunit_id: 100001411, I've never had depression, but I had a manic episode. “But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell I know right now you can't tell But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see A different side of me” In this verse of the chorus the singer is saying that he might seem odd, but if you stick around and attempt to understand him you might actually like him and realise that he is not odd or crazy. He knew he wasn't crazy, but mentally ill, trying to deal with it by himself.

And I wanted more than anything to tell them that I wasn't crazy, just a little unwell. It made him so different to what he was as a child. And to sum it up, mental illness is something that should never be ignored. You clearly have no idea what it is like to have such an affliction because if you did, you would see through the words to the obvious metaphors about feeling like you're crazy or unwell. That I should get some sleep Because tomorrow might be good for something Hold On". Growing up, being a little different, odd and querky like I was talking to myself, people talking about me and life honestly getting me down. There is know more suffering and grief because we knew he was ill. Because, I'm telling you. You tell me which one doesn't. but i think its mainly about some one who is schizophrenic with just how he explains his problems in the song and how he says i have been talking in my sleep of how their coming to get me and im guessing the whatevers trying to get him are the voices he hears. so glad those days are gone, but still love the song. Things were not important to my son and he was alone. One might think it might talk of somebody who feels isolated and just wants understanding. The lyrics can only relate to one thing- my brother. Our son took his own life.He died in 2003 when the song was released.No more suffering or grief. And "I know right now you can't tell" also describes how many suffer silently and keep it to themselves, which eats through them until it is unbearable and people start to notice a change. Something about that mandolin really touched me. for me this is the meaning of each stanza according to a psychiatric book,. document.write('

');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; it was back in the day but they now refer heroine as "dope.". Most of the time im fine and people just need to see how I used to be. My son read the side effects of the medication.One side effect is if you have thoughts of suicide,stop taking the medication. }; That's mental illness. We got help for our brother, and now he is doing better than we thought he would. I can relate to this song because i suffer from depression so I know how it feels not to have anyone in your life. It is one of their most well-known songs and was very popular at the time of its release. He had severe episodes of delusions,voices or whispers in his sleep and very bad mood swings. He hears voices, has a disease, he's a little unwell and a little impaired but he's not crazy. Its about the lost love which the singer hopes to get back someday and the song expresses how and what he used to be and the painfull condition he is passing through the present which feels like a crazy guy even though not. No more voices, sleep or tomorrow. The line "I'm feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown and I don't know why" also explains this perfectly. My son is diagnosed with schizophrenia. My son has chronic tic disorder like Turrets, with odd bodily movements and sounds, and kids think he's quite odd, he's very sensitive in multiple ways, plus he's very imaginative and tells lots of stories which feed into kids thinking he's odd. "Hearing voices telling me That I should get some sleep Because tomorrow might be good for something" My wife said this song was for our son.No more voices, sleep or tomorrow. I did everything just to hear it. Please, please look up "Bipolor(Manic Depressent) and read as much as you can.WE ARE WELL.

Dope is meth. Look, part of the whole problem with the deinstitutionalisation of the mentally ill, which goes all the way back to the early seventies at least, and as far as theory is… This is such a beautiful song, it is so expressive. Thomas also spoke on “Unwell,” off the group’s third album, More Than You Think You Are. A theme song for those who have conditions in which voices and shadows are present in their lives. That mandolin which I loved as a child only brings nothing but awful memories of that past. My son was diagnosed with Bipoler(Manic depressant).This illness is devastating and misunderstood. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 a while ago.

I mean he is paranoid, seeing shadows, can't sleep at night, bein so paranoid in public havin 2 dodge glances from every1, talking to himself. After all, who gets depressed at my age? Our son listened to this song many times. Miss You Jason With Love, I have bipolar, and really relate to this song. Good dose of paranoia is not much fun. When we listen to this song we see his tomorrow. Ummmmmm, from an interview with Rob Thomas It is one of their most well-known songs and was very popular at the time of its…. My nutrition is helping a lot with the situation and I thank God everyday! Born the 7th of May, weighed 7 pounds,7 ounces and the 7th grandchild. Nothing felt important to him and no one could understand what he was going through. I've been reading about different interpretations, and if its about a disease or condition or just being lonely, I think its a good song about life and how people always judge certain people, and never get to know them. I listen to Unwell, I listen my HEART❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤, Why does @Iship refer to the speaker as “the patient”…am I missing something, But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see, I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired, “Unwell” is the second single from Matchbox Twenty’s third album, More Than You Think You Are. We knew what he would do but wouldn't be there to stop him.He committed suicide with a 357 magnum pistol on July 21,2003.His name was Jason (Hebrew: The Healer). All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. Doctor said there are medications for this type of illness. Don’t have an account? var opts = { To the meaning of this song, I believe it could be interpretated as anything to anyone. Isn't it amazing what music, or just a single song, can do? My wife and I heard it and she said it was our son. https://genius.com/a/rob-thomas-breaks-down-the-meaning-behind-your-favorite-matchbox-twenty-songs. By whose definition? Reading these comments makes me know that I am not alone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unwell. It pains me to say this, but my brother actually became, someone I hated. "Unwell" as written by Robert Thomas Rob Thomas. That's my interpretation. It is like a living hell. song: "Unwell", I love this song because it can have so manny meanings at the same time.

No jus 4 every1's info of what this song is about is about being on dope not weed or ne of that jus ice,crank,or any other form of meth. This can really be about so many things people go through. This song reminds me of when i was addicted to amphetamines. All night staring at the ceiling, This song also mentions travelling on trains and thinking people are talking to you. In an interview with the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Thomas said: "'Unwell' is about having a despondent relationship with yourself. I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired I know, right now you don't care But soon enough you're gonna think of me And how I used to be yeah, how I used to be It leaves scars.

He tried to commit suicide several times but his friends stopped him.

A very deep depression that is unbelieveable.