#okra # steamrecipe #recipe Check This our Channel Videos, Hope you will get many things which are happening in your daily life. Use a large spoon to spread the sautéed vegetables and seasoning evenly in the pot, to form a 'bed' for the fish. Shake off the okra to dry or dab it dry with paper towels. One of my favorite kitchen tools, I use this handheld vacuum sealer everyday for deli meats, cheeses, veggies and more! Sprinkle vinegar on the okra along with salt and black pepper to taste. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 30 seconds. Lastly, for your convenience, it helps to purchase fish that is scaled and gutted. After 10 minutes, add the crackers, then spoon some of the fish sauce in the pot over both the fish and the crackers. fish recipe, healthy Jamaican food, jamaican cuisine, jamaican dinner recipes, jamaican fish, Jamaican food, Jamaican recipe, Jamaican recipes, jamaican seafood recipes, jamaican steam fish, jamaican steam fish and crackers, jamaican steam fish and okra recipe, jamaican steam fish healthy, jamaican steam fish recipe, jamaican steam fish with coconut milk, kingfish recipes, okra recipe, quick and easy seafood recipes, seafood recipe, snapper recipes, steam fish, steam fish with pumpkin, steam snapper recipe. [1] X Research sourceStep 2, Slice your okra. Drain the okra before use. Being a Cajun, we often used it to make what we called an okra gumbo. One pull is only about 1/4 teaspoon too. Follow my recipe below, Bless up and enjoy it! Our goal at Chef Jay's Kitchen is to be a food blog that you can trust and love. Other ideas include slicing it and adding it to quiches or omelets along with tomatoes for balanced flavor. Choose fresh, bright green okra pods that are less than 3 inches long for the best, tastiest results. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Place the okra in a microwave-safe dish with just the water that clings to the pods. Pull up a chair, grab some iced tea, and, Instant Pot Green Beans, Potatoes and Andouille. Steam Fish with Okra is one of Jamaica’s top seafood dishes and is well-known as a meal that does the body good. Share and enjoy!

New Selecta Ice Cream Flavors: Mais Con Quezo, Cho... Starbucks Philippines: French Vanilla Latte and Da... 2014 Ultimate Taste Test @ Power Plant Mall. If you're a fan of air fryers like I have become, these are the absolutely perfect sprayers. It saves time and the aroma of the rice adds flavor to it.

Serving: 2 g. Related Posts: In addition to being appetizing, this hot and steamy seafood meal is naturally invigorating. Required fields are marked *. Next, check the quality of your fish by making sure the eyes are clear and vibrant. Run your okra under tap water, turning it as necessary, to clean all sides.

Welcome to some good ole, down home southern cooking. Steaming okra prevents the slime that some people have an aversion to. Place the whole okra in the top of the double boiler. For now, let's talk about another easy recipe -. (ad), It took me a little while to get on the bandwagon with air fryers, but now I have 3 and. In many cases, this is because they have never learnt how to prepare it well at home. This is eaten by dipping the vegetable on the shrimp paste to add flavor. After about 20 minutes, add the okra to the pot and then cover it. If you're steaming frozen okra, it only needs 3 to 4 minutes because it has already been blanched.

Cover the dish and microwave fresh okra on high for approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Hey Y’all! I'm from Iloilo and we love making Laswa (a delicious vegetable soup) which is usually served with lots of Okra. ~Paula Deen. It's one-dimensional. Steam the Okra for 7-10 minutes in a Steamer. Seriously, perfectly roasted meats & poultry every single time! Water should not touch the Give me a shoulder or a piece of chuck, and I'll give you something that's really rich in flavor." Larger okra pods and older okra tend to be tougher and cook up slimier than smaller, tender pods. An alternative method of cooking would be to place the Okra in a bowl with a tablespoon of water and microwave for 4 minutes or until tender. What I usually do is I put the okras on the steamer of the rice cooker just before the rice starts to boil. Whole okra, steamed, salted and dipped in butter. Stick a fork in the center of the fish to test if it is completely cooked. You can also add sliced, steamed okra to cooked rice and aromatic vegetables to make a stuffing for tomatoes or peppers before baking the stuffed vegetables at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10 minutes. Add sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and lime juice. ~Paula Deen, Cooking has always brought me a happiness that I didn`t think was available. Caryn Anderson combines extensive behind-the-scenes writing experience with her passion for all things food, fashion, garden and travel. Rinse and drain okra. I love it! To cook okra, start by rinsing the okra of any dirt and then cutting the stems down to 1/2 an inch. Your email address will not be published. (ad). This cookbook is filled with more than 40 traditional Christmas recipes, from boudin balls and Cajun firecrackers, to crawfish etouffee and cornbread dressing, these are the dishes Cajun families in Southern Louisiana will be cooking for Christmas! Once the water is boiling, add the okra to the steamer basket, place the lid on the pan and turn the heat down to medium. In a small bowl, combine the dried and powdered ingredients listed above for the. Love, love! ~John Besh, You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. Nutrition. Cover the pot and let it steam for 5 minutes more. Cook the best Jamaican Steam Fish meal by using the freshest ingredients. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes. If necessary, remove any excess water to make sure the water level is below the base of the steamer basket.

https://www.malaysianchinesekitchen.com/sambal-steamed-okra

This recipe takes approximately 3 minutes to cook and less than 10 minutes to prepare. Place a steamer basket in the pan. Food is an exciting topic, so I hope you allow us to help you improve your relationship with food. The only problem is, some people have only enjoyed this dish at a Jamaican seaside restaurant.

Not only is microwaving the okra fast and easy, Marian Morash, author of The Victory Garden Cookbook, prefers this method. From Around the Web: Our Favorite Articles for Sep... Stir Fried Pechay with Tomatoes and Mushrooms Recipe, Chinese-Style Brown Bacon Fried Rice Recipe, Bacon, Cheese, and Mushroom Scrambled Eggs Recipe.

Avoid overcrowding the steamer and wait to salt the okra until right before you serve it. Okra is one of my all-time favorite vegetables. Your email address will not be published. This is because it’s not only flavourful and filling but also healthy. Steam the Okra for 7-10 minutes in a Steamer. Set the pan on the stove over high heat. Bitten by the travel bug at the age of 15 after a trip to Europe, Anderson fostered her love of style and fashion while living in New York City and earning her degree at New York University. (Go check out my YouTube video for a demonstration of this technique.

3. As such, Jamaican steam fish with okra is praised by many as a highly potent dish that enhances libido. In a small bowl, make a dry rub with 1 - 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves. The superior sauce is only a nice sounding name but it is in essence, a combination of light soya sauce and oyster sauce. Steam whole okra for 6 minutes or frozen okra pieces for 3-4 minutes or until tender (you could also microwave frozen pieces for 2 minutes).

(ad), I'm your cook, not your doctor. This can also be considered as a main dish. In a small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over low heat. Sprinkle the 'steam fish mix' evenly over all the fish. Read measurements right from the top, no bending, stooping or eyeballing - they're another favorite! Mix well and set aside. The fish is fully cooked when the flesh down to the bone is white. Dinner, Drinks, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish, Prepare the fish by scaling, gutting and washing thoroughly in lime or vinegar water. Pat the okra dry and allow it to come to room temperature before steaming it. Today, we’ll solve that problem with my ultimate Jamaican Steam Fish and Okra recipe. DISCLAIMER: This is a recipe site intended for entertainment. get updates on new articles. Serve immediately. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Choose the freshest okra available for the least slime and best flavor. We offer honest, objective conversations about food because we want you to enjoy delicious meals all the time. You are free to print and sharing via Facebook share links and pinning with Pinterest are appreciated, welcomed and encouraged, but do not upload and repost photographs, or copy and paste post text or recipe text for republishing on Facebook, other websites, blogs, forums or other internet sites without explicit prior written approval. When pierced with a fork, okra should be tender. Toss with butter and salt.

This recipe is included in our classic cookbook. How to Steam Okra | eHow.com July 2020 With its fresh, subtle flavor, okra can be a superstar side dish, as long as you follow a few preparation tricks to minimize the mucilage -- that notorious slime that helps thicken gumbo and can frighten even experienced cooks away from using okra by itself. Arrange the eggplant and okra in a steamer. Recipe Types: All Poultry   All Seafood   Alligator   Appetizers   Beef   Breads   Cake   Candy   Canning   Chicken   Classics   Cookies   Crab   Crawfish   Deer/Venison   Diabetic   Dip and Appetizers   Duck   Fish   Health Conscious   Nouveau Cajun   Pies   Pork   Shortcuts   Shrimp   Side Dish   Slow Cooker   Turkey   Vegetables   Vegetarian   Wild Game. Using fresh seafood is a must when preparing steam fish. ~PAULA DEEN, I found out what the secret to life is: friends.

Add dried shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. However, you can purchase fish from your local grocery store too.

Stay close to the pot during the cooking process and keep the heat between medium and medium-low. Remove and serve. It's so easy that this might not count as a valid recipe. Total cooking time is approximately 35 - 40 minutes depending on the size of the fish.

In addition to being appetizing, this hot and steamy seafood meal is naturally invigorating. However, you can use almost any type of white fish for this recipe. Set the pan on the stove over high heat. Some popular alternatives to snappers are Doctor fish, grunt, grouper, lionfish and kingfish. Some delicious side dishes that go perfectly with steamed fish are – rice and peas, boiled ground provisions, steamed bammies and festivals. Learn how to cook this Jamaican seafood favourite the easy and healthy way. Shakey's Philippines Welcomes a Happy 2017 With the 2017 Meal Deal [UPDATE], Philippine Milk Madness: The Best Tasting Supermarket Fresh Milk, Try This Simple, Delicious Kangkong (Water Spinach) and Garlic Recipe. The Victory Garden Cookbook; Marian Morash, The Fresh Energy Cookbook; Natalia Rose and Doris Choi, The Huffington Post: How to Cook Okra That's Not Slimy. Lay the fish side by side on the bed of seasoning and vegetables, then add ½ cup coconut milk.