Hearty enough to serve as a meal, these flavorful and filling wraps draw raves whenever I serve them.—Kathy Rogers, Hudson, OhioGet RecipeTaste of HomeChicken BurritosThis mouthwatering chicken burrito recipe makes enough for two casseroles, so you can enjoy one today and freeze the other for a busy weeknight.

% of people told us that this article helped them. Flip it over, pressing down firmly so the folds stay in place. With so much stuff contained within, though, an issue arises. Starts with a 13-inch flour tortilla, the thinnest one you can get your hands on. Can't I just wrap it in my hand and eat it? I use fresh pico de gallo when I can, but a jar of salsa works if that’s what you’ve got. To achieve the perfect burrito, you need to know two things: just how much stuff to put in and how to fold it so that it stays together even after you take a few bites. Below, check out his step-by-step instructions, as well as a few helpful tips and tricks. I proved him wrong with my inventive spicy burritos. Want even more of a good thing? But folding it? —Audra Niederman, Aberdeen, South DakotaGet RecipeTaste of HomeGrilled Beef ChimichangasI created this recipe when I didn't have the ingredients for my go-to dish. If this little demonstration has left you hungry, you're in luck. Fill the tortilla near the center. The goal for a burrito is that you get all of that goodness on the go. By following some of these expert folding tips, you are sure to have a neatly folded burrito every time. It's perfect for a brunch, because you can prep it the night before and bake it the next morning. For the most successful burrito, opt for a flour tortilla that is 10 inches in diameter. Layer the ingredients horizontally across the center of the tortilla. Have you taken a moment lately to think about burritos in general? Looking to learn a new skill now that you’ve already mastered a new language and traveled the world from the comforts of your couch? Make sure you let the burrito sit for a minute (or two, if you can wait) so the tortilla can mold to the fillings.

It's easy. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Place your fingers perpendicular across the fold, cup the tortilla over the filling and push the edge against the filling to make sure the fold is tight. A tomatillo sauce, made easy with a dressing mix, tops the pork for an out-of-this-world entree.—Katherine Nelson, Centerville, UtahGet RecipeTaste of HomeEgg & Spinach Breakfast BurritosWhen we camp out, we want our meals ready in a hurry. Just fill flour tortillas and add toppings for a tasty meal. Turn and brown on other side. —Kimberly Hardison, Maitland, FloridaGet RecipeTaste of HomeEgg BurritosZap one of these frozen burritos in the microwave and you'll stave off hunger all morning. Here's a little photo essay on the way I do it - works every time!

—Pam Masters, Derby, KansasGet RecipeTaste of HomeShredded Pork BurritosPork roast is slow-cooked with savory and sweet ingredients, including a can of cola, to create tender, shredded pork burritos. wikiHow's. Prepare the remaining tortillas as you did before and place them to the oil. But before we fold, there's one key to a properly wrapped burrito: Don't be too greedy with the fillings. Stuffed with beans. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group.

Warm tortilla wraps in the oven, microwave or in a dry frying pan so they’re easier to roll. This will make the tortilla much easier to fold. Place, seam side down, in the oil. The burritos are wrapped individually so it's easy to take out only the number you need. Wrapping Vietnamese Spring Rolls (Cha Gio) for Frying, Classic Combinations for Burrito Fillings.

Start with the tortilla and all your fillings ready along. Whether you are sitting at the dinner table or eating the burrito on-the-go at lunchtime, a burrito that opens and unfolds can be frustrating and messy. The sour cream comes next. This article has been viewed 486,542 times. Lay out your large burrito-sized tortilla after warming it up in the microwave to make it … Turn burrito over and lay it folded side down. Chelsie Kenyon, author of "Knack Mexican Cooking," is a former freelance writer and recipe developer with more than 10 years' experience in Mexican cuisine. The filling freezes well, so double the recipe! Finally, roll the burrito toward yourself until it reaches the bottom edge of the tortilla. We make these hearty burritos at home, freeze them and reheat over the campfire. It's a common problem for your burritos to fall apart or the filling escapes from inside the burrito's tortilla. A perfect recipe for tailgate parties. Now, beans first, because the beans are hotter than the rice and do the final melting of the cheese. Tender meat, crispy lettuce, melty cheese and fresh salsa held together in a warm and delicious edible shell—a burrito is one of life’s simplest pleasures.

Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla in, then the sides. This is the version we serve for casual get-togethers with friends.

I usually puree a can or two of chipotles in adobo and freeze in ice cube trays so I can use a small amount when I need it. Let the burrito lie … —Kelly McCulley, Des Moines, IowaGet RecipeTaste of HomeSausage Breakfast BurritosBreakfast routine in a rut? With this simple method, you will learn how to fold a burrito so its contents stay tucked inside, exactly where they should be. Steam the burrito, using a commercial steamer.

Shake things up with these speedy, savory wraps. If you want to learn how to wrap your burrito so it doesn't lose its shape, keep reading the article!

—Kim Kenyon, Greenwood, MissouriGet RecipeTaste of HomePork BurritosAs a working mother, I depend on my slow cooker to help feed my family. We recommend carnitas (not simply pulled, but braised and caramelized) as the classic choice and the meat you’re least likely to find cooked properly by any of our competitors. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Make it with plenty of cilantro. If you want to learn how to wrap your burrito so it doesn't lose its shape, keep reading the article! Avoid using cold tortillas, straight out of the refrigerator. May we make a suggestion? —Kelly Gengler, Theresa, WisconsinGet RecipeTaste of HomeCorn, Rice & Bean BurritosNo one will miss the meat when you dish up these satisfying burritos bursting with a fresh-tasting filling.

Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, like so, and pull the filling back toward the bottom third of the tortilla. To roll a burrito, start by folding the left and right edges of the tortilla toward the center, but not all the way. Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level.

With that in mind, a large flour tortilla is a good choice for burritos; corn tortillas are too small and will crack when folded. Approved. Pivot your thumbs to the under side of the tortilla, and begin rolling. Lay out your large burrito-sized tortilla after warming it up in the microwave to make it soft and pliable. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. It takes a little bit of practice to master this folding technique.

Fry until browned on one side. It's tough, I know, but resist the urge to overstuff. —Cindee Ness, Horace, North DakotaGet RecipeTaste of HomeSlow-Cooked Pork BurritosI have been making these slow-cooker burritos for as long as I can remember, changing the recipe now and then to add variety. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Let it rest for a moment to ensure the tortilla has time to mold itself closed. This is where most people have the biggest problems with rolling their burrito.

Fold the sides of the tortilla in, leaving three fingers of daylight between them. Take your time on the first try. To achieve the perfect burrito, you need to know two things: Just how much stuff to put in and how to fold it so that it stays together.

If you are using a store-bought tortilla straight out of the package, you may want to warm it … Find out how to tightly wrap a burrito to avoid any spillage, plus see our best ever burrito recipes. Find out how to tightly wrap a burrito to avoid any spillage, plus see our best ever burrito recipes. All the good stuff is contained nice and snug inside the fold. Lay the tortilla on the flat surface. Subscription offer: save 44% and receive a brand-new cookbook. Don't pull too hard on the ends of the flaps as you fold them over to the center. Now it’s time to start folding. Copyright ©2020 Designtechnica Corporation.

They’re even better warmed up the next day in the microwave. For this reason, man invented a technique that would honor the contents of the burrito without letting them escape the clutches of the tortilla. circles rather than 7 in., are a delicious alternative to store-bought.). Push any stray ingredients under the fold. Plus, they're easy and inexpensive. Warm the tortilla first by microwaving it under a damp paper towel for 15 seconds or on a griddle over low heat.

You can't just wrap it up all willy-nilly or you'll end up with a dreaded case of burrito blowout. Leave at least four inches on the bottom end of the filling. This recipe is my family’s favorite combo, but I sometimes use breakfast sausage instead of bacon. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Psst: Are you stacking your sandwich right?

Sauces that could leave your tortilla soggy, such as hot sauce, salsa or guacamole, should be layered last. 37 Burrito-Inspired Recipes 1 / 40Taste of HomeTasty Burritos My cousin is of Mexican heritage, and I’ve watched her make this crunchy beef burrito recipe for years. Put the tortilla on the foil so the strip of cheese is perpendicular to your body and lay every ingredient out in a long line for better integration. Have you ever thought about the humble burrito and what it takes to actually fold one appropriately? wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. Meat (carnitas, carne asada, chicken, etc. If you can balance your burrito by standing it on one end then give yourself a pat on the back – you just rolled a nice one. —Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, OhioGet RecipeTaste of HomeSteak BurritosSlowly simmered all day, the beef is tender and a snap to shred.

It is hearty, flavorful and easy to prepare, and uses the long, slow cook time that truly defines comfort food. —Debi Lane, Chattanooga, Tennessee Get RecipeTaste of HomeSpinach BurritosI made up this recipe a couple years ago after trying a similar dish in a restaurant.