well to be honest i wood say about 3 to 5 Rwhp at the most (BTW) Throw Some Rally Stripes On That Bad Boy Man.. Buyer beware; Flowmaster knock-offs may look similar, but may not perform or sound the same, and often have a high defect return rate. Flowmaster offers many different levels of sound from mild, to moderate, to aggressive. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. After all, when was the last time you raced a flow bench?

Most Hooker headers are designed around the stock port height and will not accommodate the raised port heads. Inside, this muffler provided a great balance between sound and comfort, again with a mellow but distinctive sound. Over the years, he has photographed several major auto racing events, sports, news journalism, portraiture, and everything in between. Many muffler manufacturers advertise, test and rate the performance of their mufflers with the use of a flow bench.

The packing materials can burn out fairly quickly resulting in a shortened life span and increasing sound levels both inside and outside the vehicle. Bigger generally is not better when it comes to street driven cars. What began as a mission to quiet race cars without a loss of horsepower evolved into designs and products able to not only quiet the vehicles, but increase horsepower and fuel economy and provide a great new sound as well. 3. “This is one of our mildest mufflers that fits on a wide variety of applications, and if you can fit it on your vehicle, it’s one of the big choices these days,” said Benty. How do Flowmaster Chambered and Laminar Flow mufflers compare to straight through mufflers? This resulting low pressure area then helps scavenge/accelerate the following pulses into the muffler and out the tailpipe resulting in a more efficient and cleaner burn, which means more power. The most aggressive muffler in Flowmaster’s lineup and its newest, the Super 10 is aimed at (and best suited for) racing applications. Therefore will maintain its sound control over the life of the product. This is why it is so important to take the time to carefully choose the right product that will suit your individual needs and sound preference. when you put too large of a header or exhaust on a street driven vehicle, you usually notice a severe drop in low to mid-range performance due to a lack of backpressure. It is corrosion and heat resistant up to 1600°F. If you’re having problems regarding this issue, please contact www.sema.org for more information regarding consumer’s rights on performance aftermarket parts. Properly installed, that system is good for about a 10% bump in horsepower...so figure about 15 hp give or take a few ponies. What is the vehicle used for? Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather. And Im sure guys on here hair dynos to prove it. The theory behind the design is based on basic principles of physics. All methods used by Hooker are designed to achieve a proper seal when installed as per the instructions.”. Holley® has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. :hihi: 4.5L Stroker Kit, SSM Custom cams, Wiseco forged pistons, ARP 2000 head studs, Mac Long Tube Headers, FRPP Oil Cooling System, 4.10 Gears, K&N Performance Filter, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, 39lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors, MAC Performance Pro Chamber, 2.25" dual straight pipes, 4" chrome tips, DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers, 4" Aluminum Driveshaft, Eleanor Hood, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Koni Sport suspension, AppRadio 4 with PC, spunkymunkymusic.com. Single or dual outlet? Okay, now that I've driven my V-6 with the Flowmaster single exhaust a while, it feels like it has a little more "spunk," and the wife noticed it too....About how much of a horsepower increase would any of you guys in-the-know say it gained? What tube size do I need? The 70 Series Big Block II Muffler is a three-chamber design, which incorporates a longer case for increased volume inside the muffler and lower sound levels. some like it loud which is why they tend to choose flows... some of us felt like it got too old and wanted performance, hence, we went with magnaflows.. -fast freddie- one quick 05 hemi qc...with over 320k miles on odo... on the 5.7, stroker 6.4 now...Inertia Motorsports 392 stroker, not gonna make a diff in performance either way really. Select part numbers of the 40 and 50 series are offered in 409 stainless steel (check with the tech line for updates.) This muffler provides optimum performance for higher horsepower vehicles. What is the vehicle year, make, and model? “We have a lot of options. From a Flowmaster muffler part number, you can determine the product series, case thickness, inlet/outlet diameters and placement, as well as any special applications. The internal construction of all Laminar flow mufflers is 409 stainless steel and the dBX® line of mufflers utilizes a 304 stainless steel outer casing that can be polished to a high luster. This type of technology generally does the least in reducing sound, especially in the cab of the vehicle and cannot control drone. Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR® Cup team and nearly every NHRA® Pro–Stock champion for four decades. If under hood temperatures are an issue, we recommend using Hooker’s Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating. Flowmaster 50 series HD muffler, Magnaflow y pipe, Resonator delete, Plasti dipped wheels, Plasti dipped RAM emblems, De-badged side emblems, Tinted windows, Receiver hitch, Shorty antenna, Mopar badge, Bed liner... That's only the beginning. Flowmaster American Thunder on the exhaust sounds good. 61mm Powerhouse Turbo and Intercooler, Evolution Dyno Tune, 350 rwhp/420 torque @ 8.3 psi (low boost), VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Is bigger better?

Preferred sound levels (interior and exterior?) There are many variables that need to be taken into consideration when choosing the correct tubing size for your application, such as: engine technology (flat head engines vs 60’s engines vs present day engines) cubic inch, catalytic convertors, head flow, vehicle weight, how the vehicle is driven and numerous others. After working with the Power Automedia staff for some time on a freelance basis, Andrew joined the team in 2010. JavaScript is disabled. I've never heard the super 10, but I bet its crazy loud. Producing over 600 tire-roasting horses, this El Camino is the perfect test bed for this collection of mufflers. 5. Would you like a complete exhaust system or universal pipe kit if available? The 50 Series Delta Flows are moderate, and the 40 Series have a more aggressive tone.

On our El Camino, the Super 40 emitted a mellow but deep tone at idle, while reaching to a throaty and aggressive tone at higher RPM. While producing a much quieter tone than the other models we tested, the 70 Series still provides much-improved sound over the stock exhaust. © 2017 Power Automedia. What size exhaust tubing should I use for my street application? Are Flowmaster Performance Cat-back exhaust systems and mufflers street legal? The Delta Flow design incorporates additional delta deflectors placed at precise angles, different spacing within .004-inch tolerance and in some series different sizes. • Small, short, single-chamber muffler 2003-2008 Ram 1500, 2500, 3500 77-1533KP +8.34 est. The Super 10 Series, as expected, produced the loudest, most aggressive sound levels both inside and out of the car. This causes the exhaust temperature to be raised to a level that fatigues the header material causing cracks and can also cause rusting and pitting due to the moisture retained. but when you say loud, would it sound good or crappy, ive never personally heard the 10's just sound clips from youtube. The Super 40 is one Flowmaster’s best-selling mufflers, and for good reason. Alot of people havent heard of the super 10. its suposed to be flowmasters racing muffler, it is a one chamber and sounds crazy loud, i just cant decide between the two, Yeah I knew it was a single chamber... My buddy with a 5.3 vortec said he was getting it, but he blew his tranny two days ago so he has to replace his tranny... no more money for exhaust. I am putting FM 44 series on my 2012 1500 sport later today had it on my 06 charger R/T loved it, swapped mine out with magnaflow and its so much better. In general, the 60 series, 70 Series and Super 50 Series mufflers are milder with reduced interior sound. Super Competition headers come with many different options in tube diameter and length for a particular application. Its nice and deep and really turns heads when you put your foot in it. This patented technology is an improvement over the original Flowmaster® design that provides improved scavenging and additional reduction of resonance inside the vehicle. 2003-2008 Ram 1500, 2500, 2500 57-1533 FIPK air intake +10.48 est. The Super 10 is available in a variety of inlet/outlet combinations for different racing applications. Hooker Super Competition headers are built from lightweight 18 gauge mild steel tubing with “tuned” lengths for maximum performance.

But which CAI kit and tune do you recommend for a V6? How long will the footprints on the moon last? “Not necessarily.

How much horsepower gain does a flowmaster exhaust system add to my 2005 mustang? Drivetrain Mounts, Engine Plates & Spacers, Direct Fit Remote Mount Twin Turbo Systems, Distribution Blocks, Filters, Adapters and Fittings, Microswitch and Solenoid Mounting Brackets, Single muffler utilized Delta Flow Technology.

Will installing a Flowmaster Cat-back exhaust system void my vehicle’s factory warranty?

The Super 10 is engineered with the patented Delta Flow Technology found in the Super 40 and 44 Series mufflers, designed as a short, very small single chamber muffler constructed using 409S stainless steel for durability that is as close to an open pipe exhaust as one can get. Flowmaster Scavenger “X” pipes however do increase power and torque through use of their patented D-port technology and retains the deep Flowmaster muffler tone that is desired by most performance enthusiasts.

See our Laminar Flow section for more information. A forum community dedicated to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. Best suited to racing applications, they utilize the same Delta Flow performance technology used in our highly popular Super 40 and Super 44 series mufflers.