yours is a great page and it is going to take me time to go through all your material.

Fine with me as long as they have a choice. After comfortably passing a stool, always remember to wipe from front to back, avoiding any skin-to-skin contact with stool.Simply reach behind your back and between your legs, using plenty of crumpled or folded toilet tissue, and wipe backward from the perineum (the space between the genitals and anus) toward and past the anus.

Nope. Thank you for your comment. When can kids wipe their own butts? A second option for the Romans to wipe their butts, when public bathrooms sat in the poorer neighborhoods, was simply to use the hand (not very differently to how is currently done in some countries), which was rapidly washed in a fountain installed for that purpose. “Another technique was to use oval or circular fragments of ceramic known as “pessoi” (meaning pebbles”, http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e8287?ijkey=Z4x0dFjAxZUWNnU&keytype=ref. Thank you very much for your kind comment. The scholar Francois Rabelais reported that the best of all breech-wipes, discovered by Gargantua, is the soft downy neck of a goose. Persistent itching accompanied by pain or rectal bleeding should be seen by a doctor. Just a small detail that I instantly saw. Romans in the bathroom (Click for more detail). https://cienciahistorica.com/articles-in-english/indeed-romans-used-urine-to-do-laundryand-worse-things/ La entrada no fue enviada. Hi Sheireen, Best regards.

The capital of the Republic was the first large city in the world with running water and public fountains to which a series of aqueducts supplied the precious liquid. Slaves were more like employees of their masters and in many cases were allowed to have properties and their own bussinesses. Actually, dipping the sponge in water would have been a worse insult. However, as interesting as the dipping may be, we will leave this matter for a future article to focus on public bathrooms. Personally I find wiping with hand & water, followed obviously with a vigorous cleansing of said hand, far more hygienic than using toilet paper which forces the excrèment into the amphi-anal pores. The wine and vinegar mixture the Roman soldiers attempted to give Jesus, as he was dying on the cross, was with one of these sponges they used to wipe with. You don’t want your kid to learn to just wipe the top of their bum. Hand washing is also a vital part of bathroom hygiene, the practice of which can prevent transmission of infectious organisms, such as hepatitis A. I am also a fan of history and I try to focus on the less-known facts, or as you say, the “more mundane aspects of cultures” (I like your definition better). The Romans actually invented the soap, although late during the Empire. Thank you very much for your comment.

That is correct Balázs, thank you for commenting on it and for the link. Thank you very much for your kind comment. hoho, that’s much harsher than the sponge…. I think you don’t need any more details. Others opt to use a bidet or a hand shower to rinse fecal residue from the skin. View this video on YouTube youtube.com / … I have found various sources speaking about products similar to soap in ancient civilizations such as Mesopotamia and Egypt, but none about the Germanic tribes. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids for the next couple of days to help flush any remaining bacteria from the urinary tract. Still, as you mention, it’s not very appealing… Thank you very much. Wiping butt after starting school. It’s great to learn something new… ;P Urinary tract infections; 2017. Hola Roberto, Others may need alternate ways to clean the anus and rectum, including a bidet, a syringe ball, or wet wipes. After comfortably passing a stool, always remember to wipe from front to back, avoiding any skin-to-skin contact with stool. When diarrhea is persistent or severe, keeping the anus clean can be difficult, particularly if it is sore and red.