This is my go to powder for 223 using the Hornady 68g BTHP Match bullets.

Discussion in 'Handloading and Reloading' started by Ej3, Nov 23, 2019. I started 243 Outdoors as a YouTube Channel back in 2015 and have branched out to other media sites. No, I would not seat them to the cannulure. 30 Cal .308 130 gr SP Item #3020 | 100/Box . HDY SP min - 42.0 2582fps 40,800 CUP max - 46.0C 2773fps 50,500 CUP Primarily comprised of spire point profiles and flat base designs, the bullets perform extremely well even at low velocities and deliver excellent performance in many classic varmint rifles. All Palmetto Reloading Gear/Accessories! 30 Cal .308 178 gr ELD-X® Item #3074 | 100/Box . I would use 165 grain .308 starting load data. Its lead core and match-grade copper jacket represent the original standard created by Joyce Hornady for classic varmint hunting. All Reloader Gear. © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady®, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing. I decided to create a new thread to ask my question in order to not … Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog. My name is Josh and I love Firearms and Freedom. I recently picked up some Accurate 2230. It is a place to teach, to learn, and to collaborate and interact. 2.750" 539 V • RIFLE RELOADING DATA INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD– USE CAUTION LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED. 175 SMK, Hornady Match Brass, 42 gr H4895, Fed 210M primer, COL ~2.8". Thank you for your understanding and support.

This will conclude all the powder that I have, that will work for 308. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock® ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention. HDY SP? (Loaded for friend, he reported them to …

Do you go by Hodgdon's list of 165 GR.

Rifle. Please bear with us as we are doing all we can to produce as much as possible. This site uses cookies to improve your experience. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. Download the Get Loaded® and Safe & Secure promo redemption forms. Obsolete Reloading Data.

Going off the Accurate’s load data online for the Hornady 168g, I loaded up 39.8g, 40.2g, 40.6g, 41.0g, and 41.4g in my Starline Brass. Please bear with us as we are doing all we can to produce as much as possible. The Hornady® line of traditional Varmint™ bullets features a streamlined design for flat trajectory. I took the Sightron S-Tac 4-20 off the Compass and put it back on the Axis 223. Hornady is experiencing extremely high demand for ammunition, bullets and components. Here’s my results.

rc SD 10.8, ES 23. I have loaded it directly out of the powder measure and I trust it completely in 223. Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. The content presented here is intended to inform, to educate, and even to entertain. Inline Fabrication Hornady Lock-N-Load Improved Output Bin Brackets. What I love about this powder is that it meters perfectly. The ELD-X ® (Extremely Low Drag - eXpanding) bullet is a technologically advanced, match accurate, ALL-RANGE hunting bullet featuring highest-in-class ballistic coefficients and consistent, controlled expansion at ALL … There are several options available for receiving notifications of new posts to include via email, push notifications, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and more. I hope you enjoyed this little series on the Thompson Center Compass. I did some scope swaping today also. The Hornady ® line of traditional Varmint™ bullets features a streamlined design for flat trajectory. 2.750" #2140 .308" 165 gr. With high velocity 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. Please go to Appearance > Sidebars and drag a widget into User Submit Sidebar. This will be the last 308 post for now. HPBT C.O.A.L. No, it would not be a good idea to use it for big game hunting. Streamlined design for ultra flat trajectories. Just a quick post today. Part 9 Reloading Dies Compared – LE Wilson – Plus The Lyman 8 Use As Arbor Press, Gordons Reloading Tool (GRT), How to Start Using, GRTools – Reloading simulation software for free, Load Development for Hunting – 308 Winchester, How accurate are cheap 22s?

Re: Anyone here load 308 for Hornady SST?

Please be aware that the information here has not been updated for new bullets or current powders.

Good load, Av Velocity is 2686 fps @ 10'. Thank you for your understanding and support. All the brass looked great as it has in the past. I am going to be playing with some loads for the 223 in the next few weeks, so I wanted the Sightron on it. I then put the Primary Arms 4-14×44 on the Compass. Explosive expansion, even at low velocities. Its lead core and match-grade copper jacket represent the original standard created by Joyce Hornady for classic varmint hunting. Joined: May 6, 2017 Messages: 108. Palmettostatearmory.

Hornady is experiencing extremely high demand for ammunition, bullets and components. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Reloaders Network focuses on firearms, shooting sports, reloading, bullet casting, and the related gear and accessories. I shot 4 shot groups giving some cool down time in between as usual. Yes, they may or will come apart at normal .308 Win pressure & velocity. Seat to something similiar to a normal .308" loaded OAL. © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Copyright Hornady®, Designed and developed by IdeaBank Marketing. I have been following the .308 hunting load work up thread and found some great information. Hunting Load Viht N550 45.2 2700 2670 308 Winchester continued #2145 .308" 165 gr. Just a quick post today. One thing I'm not certain on is neither Hornady or Hodgdon lists load data for the SST so how do you know what's safe for 165gr SST?

I kept the same overall length of 2.820″ / (2.211″ CBTO). Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. Hopefully this fall I can stretch it out to 1000 yards and see how it does. I recently picked up some Accurate 2230. Hodgdon lists: 165 GR. .308 Winchester (Using 165/168 GR Hornady Bullets) Warning! Upon low-velocity 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield® tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. (ft. Savage model 64). Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog.

Temperature was in the 80’s this afternoon with no wind. This completes the 4th firing of my brass. Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP® bullet jackets + Heat Shield® tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.

After the little set back with the first one, I am very pleased with this one. 175 SMK, Lapua Brass, 43.5 gr Varget, Fed 210M primer, COL ~2.8". This will be the last 308 post for now. 3 were well under 1 inch, with the other 2 just over 1 inch. Good load, no numbers. Load Data Hornady.com » Support » Load Data » Obsolete Reloading Data. The ELD-X® (Extremely Low Drag - eXpanding) bullet is a technologically advanced, match accurate, ALL-RANGE hunting bullet featuring highest-in-class ballistic coefficients and consistent, controlled expansion at ALL practical hunting distances. This is my go to powder for 223 using the Hornady 68g BTHP Match bullets. 308 Winchester continued Powder /Velocity 2400 2500 2600 2700 RE-7 32.5 34.9 IMR-3031 36.3 37.9 39.5 …

Exhibiting conventional expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight the bullet provides deep penetration and large wound cavities. Hornady 165 gr SST in .308 Win. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. SBT C.O.A.L.

Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield® tip is immune to the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory. ELD-X bullets are available in factory loaded Precision Hunter ammunition. As you can see, I had some decent groups. .308 Win Load Data: 175 SMK, Hornady Match brass, 44.3 gr Varget, Fed 210M primer, COL 2.81" Good load, no numbers with me. After the vertical stringing on the 40.2g group, I figured it would be followed by a good group and I was right. This will conclude all the powder that I have, that will work for 308. Ej3 Member. Contact Form 7 or GravityForms plugin is required! Here you’ll find information from previous Handbook editions, with reloading data for seldom-used cartridges that Hornady will no longer be developing. Download the Get Loaded® and Safe & Secure promo redemption forms.