Walmart's Black Friday sale is happening now. According to the ASHRAE-128 Standard, this Honeywell portable air conditioner rates 14,000 BTUs in cooling mode and 11,000 BTUs in heating. Pro Tool Reviews is a successful online publication that has been providing tool reviews and industry news since 2008. I have a Honeywell HL14CESWB and so far have found it to be very effective at cooling a 2nd floor master bedroom/bath and WIC with a combined area of about 600 sf. These two features make HL series units a great option if you want to use your portable AC unit as a dehumidifier on dry mode. I think I have gained at least 1K BTU of effective cooling by doing that.

On the negative side, they lack the window installation flexibility of top rated models and don’t have toolless maintenance (you have to use a screwdriver to clean their filters). However, I was surprised that the baffle that goes in the window was sized at 26” and 36” to 52”. The full-function remote control allows you to operate each feature from across the room. Top 10 Best Portable Air Conditioners Review & Comparison 2020 - Whynter vs LG 115V vs Honeywell HL vs Whynter Elite vs hOmeLabs vs DELLA vs Frigidaire vs BLACK+DECKER | 14000 BTU. Ft. Portable Air Conditioner and Heater - White. The self-evaporation feature is great for me. I got mine as my central AC is on its last legs and will not hold a charge.

Determine if your room has many openings – doorways or windows. A portable air conditioner can provide you with relief from the increasing temperatures. 1. water collects inside unit and evaporates by itself All HL series models have the same control panel and accompanying feature set, Modes – cool, dry, fan No bucket, no-drip design (this operation depends on the humidity level at your location), Gently circulates air even when air conditioner cooling is not needed, Removes excess moisture from air (Ideal for areas with high humidity like basements), Dehumidification capacity up to 111 pints per 24 hours. WW = White We can't guarantee correctness and completeness of all the data presented here, and therefore will not accept liability for any issues arising from usage of this data. If you need to extend the kit for these Honeywell units outside of the ¾” increment requirement you’ll need to cut (with a hacksaw, for example) either the extension or the primary bracket for a clean fit.

We’ve done many things to help us keep cool in the summer. It is not completely quiet when in operation. This is one of the most versatile features of this portable air conditioner. A size required by the building code. This ensures that instead of installing the air conditioner in each and every room, you can opt for the portable air conditioner. Although some models don’t come with any weather stripping at all – the NewAir NAC14KWH02, for example. It did not just fit in like the video shows. While welding some steel for a recent lawnmower shootout, we saw a “Delta T” of more than 26 degrees according to our Klein dual laser IR thermometer. It’s very easy to connect the unit’s ducting to the AC unit itself and to the window bracket. Honeywell HL series units feature two drain plus – an upper plug and a lower plug. Easy installation kit included, no professional help needed. 2. manually drain water via lower drain plug (into shallow pan) if internal storage is overrun (triggers AC to stop working) Apart from that, the high cooling capacity is another huge positive. For example, the Honeywell HL14CHESWW is simply the white version of the white and black Honeywell HL14CESWK. Powerful air flow (241 CFM) and quiet operation (52 dbA), Adjustable Temperature 60°F to 90°F (16°C to 32°C), Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 10.3 BTU/(W.h) 3.0 W/W.

The HL14CESWK, a 14,000 BTU portable AC unit by the old standard, becomes an 8,500 BTU unit by the new standard. Add to that my entire home is a total of 1,500 SF so a lot less to cool. Let us know below. Then again, you can always use the included weather stripping to clean up any air gaps as well. HL series units feature a fairly standard duct length. The Honeywell HL series portable air conditioner combines 3-in-1 technology into one luscious and sleek body, cooling and dehumidifying areas up to 700 square feet. The HL14CESWK 14,000 BTU Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner combines 3-in-1 technology into one sleek body, cooling and dehumidifying areas up to 700 sq.

Auto-Evaporation System: No bucket to drain. I live in SE MI so not a huge number of really hot days here. ... Honeywell HL14CESWK Air Conditioner, 14, 000 BTU, Black/White, Honeywell. heating. Because they consistently have a lower SACC than the competition in each respective BTU size category. The HL09CESWK is a 9,000 BTU portable air conditioner.

Top filter (evaporator) - top filter secured with latches Because we cannot find the SACC rating for this unit. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant. The portable air conditioner comes along with a digital touch display. built-in dehumidifier removes up to 111 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation, 14000 btu (ashrae-128 standard)/8500 btu (doe+ 2017 standard). Can work as an air conditioner as well as heater, Heating capacity for rooms up to 500 ft.². ft. (Temperature range 61°F to 89°F), 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 8500 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard). Well, it doesn’t matter. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Air Coolers will increase the humidity in the area they are being used. I was most concerned about noise and am happy that they are so quiet.

I forgot to add I live where our HOA does not allow window units. enter your Email Address below: Q: Are there certain types of windows that are not suitable for PACs? Installing a full split system or other more permanent air conditioning solution takes a lot of money and installation time. I, and I know others too, cannot afford 10 or 12K right now to replace my furnace and central AC so this was a good option for my sleeping area at a modest price.

Air Coolers make a room feel 4 degrees - 6 degrees F cooler. This is an added advantage. It rolls easily. Amazon.com. Built-in Dehumidifier removes up to 111 pints/24 hours. They have an interior dimension of 34”. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. In today’s world of Internet news and online content, we found that more and more professionals researched a large majority of their major power tool purchases online.

The first is the traditional standard. Scroll to the right to see more. It has auto evaporation feature which ensures that you do not have to worry about the water dripping from the air conditioner. Buyer’s Guide to Portable Air Conditioner, Best Paper Towel Holder of 2020 for Bathroom & Kitchen, Best Bread Machines of 2020 – Make Bread at Home, Best Disposable Gloves for Medical, Healthcare Or Cleaning. All in all, Honeywell HL series units have slightly lower energy efficiency than top rated units because of their lower SACC in each respective size category. Honeywell HL14CESWK is $103.52 more expensive than the average portable air conditioner ($409). Over 5,000 BTUs are lost due to the two inefficiencies above. If this is the case for you, an HL series unit could be a viable option. ft. R410A environmentally-friendly refrigerant, Auto-Evaporation System: Collected water from cooling is removed automatically. © 2020 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY.

The HL series is a new addition to the contemporary, stylish and powerful Honeywell Portable Air Conditioners. Best Top Load Washers in 2020 – Most Reliable Machines? Either one of these LGs is our recommendation in this size class. Hose length is 4 feet), Designed for comfort with 3 fan speeds, sleep mode, digital controls, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control with digital display included, Stress-free auto evaporation – no bucket to empty (except in areas with high humidity). He has a degree in recording engineering and has been involved in multimedia and/or online publishing in one form or another for the past 21 years. Zero-G Hose 100ft Review – Best in Class?! Timer - 1 to 24 hrs in 1 hr increments You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. You can set the timer up to 24 hours. But the HL14CESWK has a SACC of only 8,500 BTUs while the LP1419IVSM has a SACC of 10,000 BTUs. The back of these units looks like this (1/15). Q: My portable air conditioner is not cooling down my space. Honeywell HL14CESWK is a very popular option at the top of the price range. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner -Stay cool. The hose went from being VERY hot and radiating that back into the room to being just above room temperature. 3 speeds, Sleep mode, digital controls, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control included.

I find the quality of the unit to be top notch, and like the upper and lower hose features. If you buy through a link on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailer. AC Side Hose Connection – slide adapter down until it locks into place They are, because of their superior cooling capacity, our recommendations in the category. Washing Machine Buying Guide – Things to Consider, Leaf Blower Buying Guide – Things You Should Know, Best Robes for Men & Women in 2020 – Be Comfortable, Best Clothes Steamer 2020 – Garment Steamers You Should Buy, Best Vacuums for Carpets & Pets – 2020 Reviews. Finally, it would be remiss of us not to talk about energy efficiency. Filters clean easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Copyright ©2008-2020 CD Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Honeywell HL14CESWK is a very popular option on the higher end of the price range. Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind.

Proudly powered by Tuto WordPress theme from. The one point I want to add that I never see mentioned is what a huge difference it makes to insulate the exhaust hose. This HVAC product supports air conditioning, dehumidifying, fan-only, and heat modes. Most other portable AC units do not require you to unscrew anything to access any filter. Read helpful reviews from our … Moisture removal rate (pints of moisture removal per day) varies by model. The Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner we chose works well for rooms up to 700 square feet. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The heater function could have been better. The unit performs as expected and the quality is good. Scenario 3 - high humidity but can use continuous draining (3 above) in cooling or dry modes but NOT heating mode, Drain hose included – yes, 29" hose included, Honeywell HL10CESWK - 80 Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner - Stay cool.

Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It supports window widths of 26.6-inches and 33.1 to 49.6-inches. 26.6" or 33.1" to 49.6". Bottom filter (condenser) - bottom filter has to be unscrewed. Furthermore, the length of the extension can only be adjusted in ¾” increments.

You even get a remote control to run the unit from across the room. These cookies do not store any personal information. It’s one less step you’ll need to do to complete installation.